4.8 Update (Patch Notes)

I think all the skepticism behind the stated motive is reasonable, in light of what we’ve been told.

The basis behind this change isn’t just a case where a vocal minority of players could have a different opinion from the majority. It is objectively FALSE, to anybody who actually understands the game. Nobody would say an effect (especially a board effect) that activates on every turn is similar, in actual gameplay, to an effect that activates only at the start of match.

That such thinking could be the basis for wholesale content deletion (this is not a mere balance change i.e. the old teams work, just not as well; this is taking the old Sunspear teams out of the game) is what I think leads to such doubting of the official stated motive.

(I get that there’s a desire for the Devs to be responsive to feedback from the player community, not just here, but in all the various channels. This is generally a positive impulse, and I really don’t want to be too harsh about that. )

Thats what everyone said was gonna happen with the release of its faction and it hasnt affected explore much at all if any… will be quite a while before urskaya gets any new troops now… and when that time comes I, myself, and others will find new strategies and build new teams to accomplish our goals…

1 Like

Oh, I know. Just venting a bit of residual snark in light of the update brouhaha. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow, the level of ego in that post is just baffling.

If the devs felt that permastorms were too powerful, and that was the reason for nerfing Sunspear, then I’m actually fine with that. I’m not fine with a carefully-worded document that claims that the third trait and the Firestorm talent were the same. They’re not, and the only reason to claim that they are is to mislead players. It really rankles being lied to.

7 Likes

“The trait is too similar to the lv20 talent.”

*Changes it to be similar to the lv70 talent instead.

4 Likes

Phoenica + perma firestorm were too strong. She can easily do 80+ damage to all troops.

• so other troops look like :poop: compared to her. Like in the discussion about Will of Nysha where players were saying that this troop was crap because Pho does lot more damage. What do you think devs will say when they read something like that? Pho too strong.
  • her bonus is too much permanent with the old Heatwave. Only way to lost was to get your Hero stunned. I guess the damage output was designed to do in average 40+ AoE damage which seems reasonable with casual storms (i.e. that means having half the time a FIrestorm which is feasible).
  • then you know devs hate nerfing troops. We all know that every time they nerf a troop, a riot happens… So better solution is to remove the cause of the permanent 80+ AoE damage, Heatwave.
  • there is no way devs will come here and say that they are changing Heatwave because of its so-well synergy with Pho
2 Likes

I have a suggestion that would go a long way to making players happy:

When an enemy team has a “start battle with X storm” have that apply BEFORE your storm. That way it is theirs that is over written.

If you want to argue, but that ruins the entire enemy team, then reverse that argument and its the current 1: That ruins the attacking team by allowing them to overwrite the storm instantly.

As it stands, you both go in with a different storm each to for start of battle. Yours triggers, then theirs triggers, then you get to have your turn. Your storm done nothing.

Even simpler change: all enemy traits trigger before all ally traits.

2 Likes

Player gets the 1st turn, AI gets the starting storm.
It seems fair.

I mean I also like that the starting storm be the one of my Hero class but it would be too advantageous for the player.

80 to all isn’t that much. Others do a lot more.

Oh really. I didn’t know :thinking:.
Maybe you should add some examples, because your argument seems a little bit light :wink: .

yes… let us add examples so those can be nerfed as well

2 Likes

Not sure why you replied to me lol.

But Pho isnt just 80 to all. Mine, not medalled, does around 120 to all most of the time.

Agreed. Again.

And then we get this on the iOS update… gross…

OUR NEW EVENTS SYSTEM UPDATE WILL KEEP YOU COMING BACK FOR MORE!

Hahaha really? Not a chance. I’m not even updating it. I might delete it from my phone to get the little indicator to go away though.

I wasn’t aware the ability “start the match with X storm” was only intended to function in favor of the defense.

3 Likes

Created an account to add another Sunspear comment.

I Have been eagerly awaiting Sunspears return as the weekly class event where I was wholeheartedly planning to dump the 200 ish dollars it would take to jump it to level 100…which is no longer going to happen. The vast majority of the games classes are poorly designed and dull imo. Add Sunspear to the ash heap.

Really disappointed.

2 Likes

Sunspear change has been reverted back to constant storm:

7 Likes

To be fair, there are occasional uses for Warlord and Sorcerer (maybe even Knight). None of them are meta, but you can create synergistic teams just for leveling the classes.

From memory, Knight’s Green storm and Warlord’s Red storm can work with Skeleton Key; Sorcerer’s Purple storm can be useful, and Enchant on Green works well with Wrath PvP grinding teams. Sorcerer may even be the best option for one team.

1 Like

Knight only has a Yellow Storm. Green storm is part of the Forest tree