4.3 in screenshots

Also the message in the mail said april

For those who remember when Ingots first came out. Iā€™m expecting the same deal this time.
I even lessened my Invasion Requirements to allow people to wait a day or 2 before buying tiers.
On the dumpster fire that is ā€œbanpacolypseā€.
When I was saying that the update would be out last night. Salty corrected me by saying that ā€œI donā€™t know when the update will be out.ā€ As apposed to ā€œthe update will not be out this week.ā€
So I expect it either tonight or tomorrow night.
I did not realize that I needed to clarify that it was my prediction, and that this is as well. :person_shrugging:

I am VERY excited by the chat upgrades! The ability to quickly and easily report people should have Global Chat cleaned up in no time!

Does anyone know if the new public chat is still empty at the start if the game?
i hate that and dont untersrand why not at least the last hour is visibleā€¦

I guess Ragnagord can finally come out of his mountain cave hideout!!! And you, too :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

1 Like

On beta, it wasnā€™t empty.

That said, thereā€™s no guarantees of a server chat backlog being kept when the update goes live.

1 Like

At this time I find no excitement for this update, I could give the same list of things that would matter to a lot of us, old mythics updated, troop rebalancing, ectā€¦, I do see how this update will be nice for a lot of people so I do not mean it is not a great idea, but just like spinach it is great for other people

2 Likes

Glory gnome will go from useful gnome to crap gnome soon. This is probably the last weekend glory gnomes are welcome. Instead of being happy about extra glory, Iā€™ll be annoyed. I wish it was an event key gnome.

Iā€™m dreading the release of 4.3. Turning glory from useful to only somewhat useful is annoying. It will quickly be another unhelpful resource, just a few notches above maps, souls, and traitstones, for an end gamer like me. Some glory is useful, the rest isnā€™t. Yuck!!!

Iā€™ll save the rest of my complaining until after the release.

2 Likes

You still get mythics gems gold legendarys epics
And almost everything this game hase to offer.
So if you know something we dont. please do share with us

1 Like

Glory will never be useless you still can buy weekly bundle troops and open glory chests.

2 Likes

For a low activity player, this is probably a non-event. Unfortunately, thatā€™s not me.

End gamers have everything fully traited and souls up the wazoo (over 11 million for me). You can use glory for a new card (6400 glory for an epic and 19200 for a common at the high end.) You can spend another 1800 on event keys. Beyond that what else can you spend on besides very low value glory keys? So say average of 10K a week is useful, anything beyond that you get stuck with lame glory keys.

Glory keys arenā€™t targeted like event keys. So if you take time off from the game, you canā€™t afford to use event keys to catch up because theyā€™ll be so much rarer. Unless they really raised the legendary chances, youā€™ll need a bunch of event keys to get a new legendary mythic. Thatā€™s where the pain will come from in 6 months after people work through their event key stash.

As more troops get added to the game, the chances that you get something useful from glory keys go down down down. Sure you can do a long shot attempt at a mythic. Your chances of getting another useless duplicate is so high and what youā€™ll mostly get is rares. The more you have, the less useful a glory key is. Itā€™s like going from an assault weapon to a slingshot while youā€™re blindfolded.

It used to be that glory keys were most useful for finishing rares in a new kingdom. That use has gone away too. Even if they were adding new kingdoms, the rares would be in event keys. That change is also a backdoor nerf to gold keys. Thatā€™s why I redeemed all my gold keys too to get more glory to get event keys while I still can. Other than low gem yield, gold keys arenā€™t useful so much anymore either.

1 Like

I think you are making this change seem worse than it is. Ironically the amount of glory it takes to pull a new mythic from glory keys (on average) is about the same as it takes to pull an old mythic through event keys (on average) assuming all keys bought with glory.

Players simply now have to use soulforge to get any missing mythics instead of trying your luck on event keys. And forget about trying to get 6 copies of new legendary. Just be happy with 1 and use an ascension orb if you really want it mythic.

Adding commons and rares to event keys is actually an excellent change. When they eventually add a new kingdom it will be easier to get all new troops mythic than it is currently. IIRC the last new common troop on a new kingdom cost me like 40k gold keys and then a buttload of glory keys to finish off the rares. Since then we have many many more common and rare troops added to the gold/glory chest pool. I canā€™t imagine how many chests it would take to get all new kingdom troops to mythic now under the current system. Also the current droprate of UR in event keys is ridiculous.

So after 4.3 spending event keys will be roughly 200 keys for 1 copy of new legendary and new kingdoms will be approx 600 keys + whatever gold keys you need to finish off the commons and rares.

Long story short, after 4.3 use your glory stash to try and pull new mythic (keep enough for buying weekly troops of course)

1 Like

My thoughts, too :ok_hand:.

1 Like

Fact! You need to open 10,000 glory chests (at 20 glory per) to average a mythic troop, which will cost you 200k glory. You need to open 1,000 event chests (at 180 glory per) to get that mythic later, for a total of 180k glory.

Edit: these odds are wrong. See posts below.

I guess the assumption is that these people have enough stockpiled Gem and Glory Keys (and Guild Seals) to get the new Mythic anyway, so thereā€™s no need to use Glory for it - but yeah.

1 Like

I thought the exact figure was less than 10k glory chests but I may be wrong?

I do astrophysics. The right power of ten is close enough for me, and leads to the same conclusion.

1 Like

I just checked Taranā€™s World and a glory key has 0.02% chance of pulling a mythic rarity troop. Correct me if Iā€™m wrong but isnā€™t that 1:5000?

~7143? :man_shrugging: I thought it was ~9600, previously, or 1/10th of the chance for a Mythic from Gem Chests.

1 Like

Just checked Taransworld myself. Mythic troops have a 0.014% chance to drop from a glory chest, meaning 7142 pulls before you average one. From a gem chest, these odds improve to 0.096%, meaning you need 1042 pulls. For an event chest, the odds are identical to gem chests. (Side note: if these odds are correct, gem chests offer only a 7x bonus to mythic troop pulls, not the 10x that is advertised on the chest screen.)

So using only glory to chase a mythic troop during its exclusive week will run you a bit more than 140k glory on average. Using only glory to get that mythic troop out of event chests will cost you just north of 180k glory. Which means using glory to ā€œcatch upā€ during event weeks is a worse proposition than simply spending it the first time around.

Of course, as pointed out above, this misses two important considerations. First, if you take a break from the game you miss your best chance to acquire the mythic and you have to play catch-up. Second, event keys are also useful for acquiring new legendary troops. This second use is functionally impossible with glory chests.

1 Like