4.1 in Screenshots

Yeah but the reason i prefer 4 guys doing 4 room is that way you not missing any scroll so if someone find lucky or any rare scroll you know where it is

If you going in solo you can find the unlock scroll on your first room and miss good scroll if you go direct to the doom

It’s very interesting the new mode encourages people to leave information about the rooms for other guild members. Especially since “fixing chat issues” was specifically mentioned as not on the plate for the 4.1 timeline.

Reminder: Discord, Telegram, Line, Facebook Groups, IRC, Ventrilo, even a listserv works. If guild communication is important, don’t rely on unreliable tools.

1 Like

That brings up an interesting question. Are other scrolls other than the unlock scroll placed at the same location for the whole guild? From what I recall, they only mentioned unlock scrolls being located in the same room for everyone in the guild.

1 Like

From what i understood the same guild got the same rewards in each room but it is different for the other guild

Edit: watch the video at 23min it’s badly explained by oz but this is what i understood :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lyrian’s summary suggests that quite a few scrolls are identical across the entire guild:

The one known exception is Luck scrolls, but it is plausible that stat boost scrolls are also randomly assigned once they are found.

1 Like

1 Like

I’m confused by how Lyrian could know more than you two about how it works? Are you not testing it on the beta?

They didn’t actually run an official beta program for 4.1. Some us were able to run around on the server for a couple of days just because it was up. However, since tower of doom depends on guild communication, you can’t very well test the guild aspects like “identical scrolls” without guild members. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

In prior betas. The testers could join one guild. Then they used discord to communicate about the beta within a closed group.
In my opinion…3.5 wasn’t properly tested (ultimately the fault of QA, never the beta). 4.0 was properly tested by the beta and the QA. It’s discouraging to hear that there really wasn’t a beta for 4.1.
Since Salty is previewing it, that’s a sign that the build has been submitted already. I’m hoping for the best, and trying to forget the history that causes me worry.

3 Likes

Maybe i am understanding all of this wrong, but it kinda sounds like guildies do not only have to communicate permanently for this mode, but have to be playing mostly at the same time together too while also having to have some kind of chat-pinboard to keep the floors’s Information instantly accessible for all throughout the week.
Aside from the game not having the proper communication capabilities for that and therefore this mode apparantly relying on other social media tools, this sounds as lame as anything i could imagine and will be just for the tryhard discord/etc. guilds.
And maybe those guilds welcome a mode like that, not everything new has to be for all players, but for me that sounds like a very unappealing way to play the game as a social media app, which will definitely kill the mode for me.

1 Like

Just watched the stream again and they mentionned the soulforge and said they will talk about it later but they never did

Later ™ :joy::grinning:

This sounds like a mode that we would definitely benefit from by using mixer. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::star_struck:

4 Likes

Guild Chat? Or is performance too spotty?

3 Likes
  • Limited scrollback capability, messages soon drop out forever.
  • Tends to be leaky, randomly showing some messages only to some members.
  • Often doesn’t work at all.

I suspect I’d find it less frustrating to play GoW using my nose to steer the input device than to coordinate Towers of Doom through Guild Chat.

3 Likes

Now I want to see someone call us cheaters

1 Like

@Saltypatra can we keep the scrolls for a future event or we are forced to use it in the same event cause we will lose them?

Edit: since we can see them in the inventory, i presume you can use it whenever you want

Thank you all for suggesting it, I’m glad we could make it happen!

Thanks for the post @Rickygervais - just an FYI that again there will be a full overview of the Tower of Doom and the types of Boons in the help center. It’s all ready to go.

5 Likes

I actually came here to get some sort of answer. On the XBox we don’t use chat and are on at different times. I’ve always viewed this as a sp experience. I don’t even know how to contact guild members since they don’t show GTs. For those who want to just play the game without trying to make some chat system… is this mode a skip?