4.1 in Screenshots

Your guild doesn’t “have” to play at the same time or stay in constant contact. You’ll still be able to play it at your leisure and pick up some rewards along the way.

However, guilds that have hyper organization, great communication and teams of players to maximize sigil use while finding scrolls will do better. They’ll probably make it on the leaderboard and get the bigger rewards, especially if they are willing to use those gems.

4 Likes

In the context of being successful in this new mode they have to yes.
I think the argument, “you don’t have to do this and that you can just not care about your success” albeit true for everything in the game(and true for everything else in life) is a bit lame.

It really doesn’t matter if you think the argument is lame. It is still true.

Yeah and you don’t have to run fast in a race, or have to answer questions correctly in an exam.

LOL… And yet, that has nothing to do with this “game” mode. Like everything else in this game, you have the choice of playing it casual or hardcore. There is no right or wrong in that.

1 Like

How has playing hardcore/casual anything to do with this? I guess being chatty is the new hardcore now.
Fact is, to be successful in this mode you actually do have to play in the way described, which is what the post you answered to stated, nothing more.

Communication breeds success in all aspects of life… Including Towers of Doom.

5 Likes

It sure does.

1 Like

It’s pretty clear that there will be “casual” guilds where players just play the mode without much thought and collect some low rewards.

There will be other more “hardcore” guilds that assemble teams of 4, play at the same time and report scroll locations to the others in the guild and maximize efficiency.

Obviously, there will be guilds inbetween these extremes as well.

The question I commented on asked if the mode should just be skipped if you don’t have outside chat. My answer is that it depends on their expectations for rewards.

Anyway, it seems that we’ll just have to agree to disagree on the topic.

3 Likes

Are you going to post it before the update like you did for 4.0?

I’m not sure yet, we might do it a day beforehand :slight_smile:

RE Boon questions that was somewhere above - Boons do not transfer between Tower of Doom events.
The only thing that does is Temper Scrolls which you use on the Doom weapons.

6 Likes

Ok so people can’t bank lucky scroll and use them all in a future event for easier win :slight_smile:

On a similar note, a bit like Guild War Sentinels, Boons (or the Attack, Life, Armor etc Scrolls) act as bonuses to help you fight battles for that week, so they pertain to the event they are earned in and won’t carry over to the next one.

7 Likes

As with anything new, it’s speculation to foresee problematic gaming issues until you are actually able to participate. However, failure to address the long term broken chat system in a game that relies on extensive communication is a huge mistake. Many players in gems are very private in their attitude to the game. They do their guild reqs but rarely if ever engage in chat platforms and do not befriend their fellow guild members. My experience in several guilds indicates that in general, more than 50% of members are silent and invisible, regardless of how many channels of communication have been provided by the guild to encourage mutually beneficial interaction. That’s a potential pitfall with doom guaranteed to increase frustration within a guild. High guilds are still reeling following the introduction of delve and I see this game type as being more likely to boost further guild disintegration than to cement a cohesive unit. There are too many resource sapping game modes as it is and many high end players only remain to compete in wars, whose frequency in the overloaded schedule is likely to be compromised yet again. End result…more exodus.

P.S.
The pay to win undercurrent of doom is obvious, which certainly doesn’t help…again.

When will this update be released? It would be nice if it still appears on my vacation

We don’t know the release date yet. But salty did the preview stream last week so that mean it should be really soon.

I expect 4.1 to be released in 9-11 days from now.

I expect it released in the upcoming 300 hours.

It won’t be during guild wars.

1 Like

Yeah I was wondering if they would release a patch in the middle of GW and risk breaking something.