3.5 update preview screenshots (part 1)

@Sheba. I wanted to say, I agree with everything you said, except, one:

[quote=“Sheba, post:100, topic:40827”]pmalmQ
orbs are an optional thing I don’t need to have since I can unlock everything in other ways.
[/quote]

Everything, except the new troop that can only be unlocked by orbs. And, if you have a full collection/completist mentality (which I do, a bit, it’s part of the reason this game has held my attention for so long), then you don’t feel the orbs (and the ways you earn them) are something you can simply “ignore”, and I hate that. All I can say is I’m glad they didn’t tie Zuul to an achievement, like the did Xathenos. If they did, I would have been pretty mad, considering how long it’s going to take for me to get the bloody thing (assuming I stick with this game long enough for that to happen).

3 Likes

That might still happen…

For a lot of people’s sakes, I hope it doesn’t though.

I had that mentality before raid/invasion hit. As I don’t spend gems on that, I can say that I will never have all troops. I will always pull the raid/invasion troop from chests a few weeks later, but by then, there are new troops I will not have. Because I have resigned myself to that fate, it doesn’t really matter if I get Zuul’Goth in a year or ten or not at all (since I don’t see myself playing this game in a year anymore, sadly…).

I also still don’t have Dawnbringer/Xathenos. :stuck_out_tongue:

From what I understood, it’s not. Don’t get me wrong, I agree completely that the current system is absolutely unexplained in the game and not friendly to any kind of player at all. But just adding the information in how many points the next trait/troop/level gives would fix that matter. From what I understood, level-ups will now happen once a set of quests are fulfilled. The new screenshot indicates as much. Just look at it - a new player will likely have 5 Bright Forest troops at level 15 LONG before they have Bright Forest at level 10. And that’s for the third star. Think about what the crazy quest for Star 9 might be. It might force the players to do stuff they don’t wanna do (a game mode they don’t enjoy) or something like that. Like “Win 1000 PVP matches with Bright Forest troops only” and the like.

1 Like

Personally i am happy with the kingdom power changes, it will give me reason to keep playing and give me another goal while i got everything done already

Monday evening can’t get here fast enough. There will much, MUCH discussion about the pros (which there are) and cons (where there are as well) of the new system. Many of the kingdom star requirements contain refined versions of the existing kingdom star leveling system. To a degree, that system is somewhat still in place (like in the screenshot). However, the new system does allow the devs to require other things besides collecting, leveling, and traiting troops, especially at the higher star ratings.

Keep in mind that the quest scheme is generic enough that it can fit universally across all kingdoms without modification. In other words, every kingdom’s specific star-rating requirements will be exactly the same, no matter which kingdom it is.

3 Likes

Still might force players to take part in game modes they don’t enjoy. Even if it’s not “Use trooptype X in PVP”, it might still be “fight X battles in PVP”, kind of like snotstones work. And so far the game was about not forcing players to take part in an activity but having alternate ways to aquire things, which was already thrown out of the window lately (Pet Gnomes only in PVP, for example).

Also how is Monday related to this? I haven’t heard anything about the update hitting on Monday?:thinking: Did I miss anything?

salty is streaming kingdom leveling monday

2 Likes

Ah okay. That is actually Tuesday in my timezone. :stuck_out_tongue: Also at night/early morning.

1 Like

I know the answer to these questions, but I can’t answer them until after Monday’s kingdom star system stream reveal. :zipper_mouth_face:

What a horrible night to have a curse.

3 Likes

just wisper it to us… we wont tell :smiling_imp:

promise :innocent:
lol

2 Likes

I do appreciate you wanting to answer my question, in this case.:wink: I hope someone will write a good stream summary for me then.

Maybe the best approach would be to wait and answer questions that people may have after Salty reveals the info. Not tease people by giving tidbits then ending it with :zipper_mouth_face:

6 Likes

i like the teasing :smiling_imp:

but then again i dont :innocent:

im so conflicted :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

1 Like

Well… I can’t discuss things that haven’t been officially revealed yet, but I have been green-lighted to discuss things that have been revealed, such as the last stream video.

Funny thing about that last stream video… if one looks very carefully at the first 10 seconds or so of it, someone might notice something that was conveniently rushed by and not discussed on the stream that could shed some light on this… :thinking:

2 Likes

I just watched the first two minutes and it was just the weapon screen with Salty explaining how it has been a public holiday in Australia and that Tacet pronounces things funnily.:thinking::rabbit:
Maybe I’m just too tired to figure it out. I need sleeeeeep…

It’s a secret to everyone.

The best secrets are the ones that are hiding right in plain sight. I bet you were staring right at it. Once you see it, you’ll never unsee it again, :slight_smile:

If you now need all 20 troops mythic to unlock 10* this is a very bad change for us. Current system we have 50 points wiggle room to have a few troops not mythic and still 10*.

Interesting - weapons have kingdoms now.

1 Like

They will also have a “type”.

2 Likes