3.5 feedback and suggestions

Personally, in a general sense, I don’t see why they couldn’t have made a weapon upgrading system that used the current traitstones we already have. Single color weapons, for example, Red, use various amounts of minor fire all the way up to the Rage Arcane. Double color wrapons, say like Red and Purple use various combos of minor Red and Purple all the way up to Dark Arcane and Celestial. And so on.

This would have been particularly useful for End Game players who have hundreds to thousands of these stones collecting virtual dust. They’ve put in ways for you to burn Glory, Gold, Souls, even Gems, but they haven’t found a way for us to use thousands of stones we just have lying around. (It’s part of the reason why End Game people hate the minor stone drop from Gnomes. We already have a mountain of them, we don’t need 2 more to add to the pile all the time.)

And, the thing is, unless they change it up, down the line, eventually, Ingots will be the same way. Eventually, like troops, you will have all your “back log” ones maxed, you’ll have a surplus of each Ingot and you’ll be able to max every new weapon that comes out, instantly. And, I’m sure, by then, they’ll have a new currency for something else and the cycle will probably continue again.

7 Likes

but sadly there are some bugs i cant upgrad the Kingdom because it tells me to finish quests but all kingdom quests are finished

While I agree with you that using Traitstone could be much more simpler, I think the reason Ingot is added to the game is to increase player activity, and more variety in Kingdom upgrading requirement. Using pure traistone for upgrading kingdom might not help that, and PvP/Arena activities won’t be as high as expected.

I don’t think upgrading all weapon might not be an easy task as traiting all troops, consider how rare the higher-rarity Ingot are. With new Epic-and-higher weapon keep coming every weeks, it’s almost impossible. Right now upgrading weapon should be used only for weapon that you actually use, and for kingdom star requirement. I think Ingots economies overflow won’t happened in a few years at least, and who know what will happened to the game then.

1 Like

I do understand your point about the long term. And you’re probably right. But, I just think adding another currency to the game, especially one that functions so much like traitstones (for weapons), is short sided, at best. Long term, unless they change it up, it will create the same problem traitstones have now. And, also, because they decided to go this route, we still have the current issue of what to do with these trait stones.

Though, I supposed the idea in your earlier post would solve that. I just think it ridiculous that we would have to do something like that. It would be much simpler to use what we already have. I mean, the template is already there for it, ripe for the picking. Someone would just have to make it.

2 Likes

I never thought of rate of release vs rate of upgrading.

-2 Legendary weapons released in any three week rotation
-450,000 Common Ingots and 4,999,500 Souls to craft the needed Legendary Ingots per weapon
-(higher rarity Ingots will be among your loot, too, that’s just a benchmark)
-2 weapons / 3 week rotation = 300,000 Common Ingots and 3,333,000 Souls each week to keep up with the release schedule

I hope I’m dead wrong, so please check my math if you’re inclined.

New currencies aren’t bad, specially for weapons that don’t need to be upgraded right away, there are a few good ones here and there which are great even without upgrades. We will eventually have enough ingots to make something out of it. What makes a little sad is how other weapons are long overdue to be tweaked/reworked in order to be at least considered to receive any upgrade and this was a huge missed opportunity. Again.

But well, they’ll probably just ignore the old weapons and MAYBE TRY to make decent weapons from now on (raid and invasions as of late got some decent ones), it works to increase the player’s activity and involvement and gives some use for this new currency justifying it in the first place.

1 Like

@Cyrup please consider letting treasure gnomes also drop Ingots

After playing extensively and streaming most of it, here are some thoughts.

Ignots: The running joke on my stream is “craft 10 grey to craft 1 blue to craft 4 yellow to maybe get a Mythic in 45 years”. I’m confused as all hell and the reason for that is because I need to memorize like 5 or 6 different numbers to then get ONE, just ONE Mythic Ignot that… does nothing at all. These things are a fetch quest with no purpose. It does nothing to add to my weapon. For something that costs over a million souls to craft, I expect better. A new player will probably craft Dawnbringer for that same million and be happy, rather than max out some useless weapon that can then… create or explode a single gem?

Kingdoms: The developers said this was to streamline things and make it easier to understand. Nah. This is to force people to play in a way they don’t want, with troops they don’t want, classes that aren’t available yet, etc. Simplicity is collecting troops and upgrading them. This is a cash shop waiting to happen.

Class talent trees: Great idea, horrible execution. If I wanted to use a dragon team I would have no idea what class to pick. You’d think it’d be simple, but no, everything is random. Thank goodness that my Priest class benefits a construct. Or wait, does it summon one? Exactly.

Final thoughts:

I appreciate my team starting with a random status effect because of the class system, but otherwise, I’m grinding PVP just as before because everything in this update screams of a cash shop for people who want to feel like they are making progress. I’d love to feel like I’m progressing, but not by paying for it or playing with troops that nobody cares enough about to balance.

Rating: Cash shop potential/10

4 Likes

What about making pet rescues scale with level. On my level 1200 account 99% of the time pet rescues take less than 10 minutes and I almost never lose but on my level 360 account I spent around 20 doing the first 7 battles then half an hour doing the last one and losing that one probably 30+ times in the end I just couldn’t do it.

I don’t have Gob-Chomper levelled or traited. I tried a few different teams and weapons but in the end the closest I got was with 2x fully traited Krystenax/2x Dragon Soul

This is how most battles went

How about now putting the ingots in crafting order. Right now you have jump around

So you would essentially get less powerful the more you advance? I suspect this would create high demand for a -200% XP from battles armor.

I would like everything left as is for level 500+ but made a bit easier for lower levels. 0 - 200 could have all enemies having lower stats where it is impossible for under level 100 (they have so much to do in the game anyway) and really hard and really time consuming but doable for level 100 - 200, 200 - 400 all stats increase, 400 - 500 increase more and then 500+ it would be the same as now.

So a player advancing from level 99 to level 100 would suddenly face opponents much tougher than before, possibly preventing progression at that point?

I don’t really see the point of level based scaling, in both directions. You grow more powerful as you play the game, allowing you to beat content of higher difficulty. Not every content has the same difficulty, otherwise there wouldn’t really be a reason to grow more powerful.

No it would be the same for level 0 - 200 but after level 100 it would be easier because you have some better troops and some level 10 kingdoms

That’s not how it works. You don’t get those as a gift for hitting a magic level number, you get them over the course of playing, some players sooner, other players later. What you do get by your proposal is a sudden difficulty spike at a magic level number, because the game removes the training wheels. No longer being able to play content you used to be able to, just due to gaining a level, tends to be huge demotivator.

Good point. It’s fine for current players because no matter what it would still be easier if you are under level 500 but for new players it could be a problem when they hit a certain level.

What’s interesting though, is that my second task is to “disenchant a troop”. Anyone else had this task?

It’s been there on my list since I started playing. Yet everywhere I’ve read (and heard on videos) the advice to NOT disenchant troops. Tips I’d read advised against it – especially for low-level players.
I’d tried the reset to get rid of it in this latest update too, but only the first task was reset.

Anyway, as a new player (only 4 months in, at level 228, still leveling up kingdoms), it just seemed contradictory to me, to have such a task in the first place – the complete opposite of all the advice I’ve read.

The initial tasks, which you’re still working through, are meant to act as a bit of a tutorial, showing you how to use the various functions of the game. In your case, I’d suggest you go ahead and do that one, but only disenchant a single copy of a common-rarity troop that you have lots of copies of. If you happen to have any troops that you have already ascended to mythic, you can safely disenchant an extra copy of one of those.
Once you clear that task, you can start progressing on that chain again.

3 Likes

Real, honest, frank feedback. I’m not trying to hurt or spare feelings here.

3.5, as a whole, is big and important. I think months from now, it’ll stand as one of the most impactful updates so far. But I think the weapon upgrade feature is very rough, and leans too much on promises.

We got our shiny new weapon upgrade system and no new weapons to accompany it. So it leaves us with a lot of little messes.

For one, weapon maxing requirements for 8 stars. It’s super easy for older kingdoms that feature tons of weapons across the rarity spectrum. But it’s prohibitively expensive for kingdoms like Bright Forest that are almost exclusively legendary/mythic weapons.

Then there’s upgrade cost vs. impact. Dawnbringer sticks out as a very frustrating deal. 55 mythic ingots costs a lot. It’d take 5.5m souls to convert that up from commons. We only know for sure the average player gets 1 mythic ingot/week. The affixes Dawnbringer gets for more than a year of waiting for ingots do not match the time spent accumulating resources. We could convert other ingots up to make it faster, but the worst-case is 5.5 million common ingots and 55 million souls. I think a weapon that represents 55 million souls worth of value should simply read “21 mana, win the game”. By the time I max out Dawnbringer, I am certain there will be dozens of more powerful troops or weapons I’d rather use. None of the mythics really carry weight in that regard. All of these weapons are “already impressive” and “incrementally more powerful” after a serious investment.

I’ve seen plenty of ideas that make that go somewhere though. One that came up in chat today: a mythic weapon that starts weak, but becomes as powerful as DB after upgrading. That’s exciting! Dawnbringer’s problem is it takes a heavy investment up-front, so it would be ludicrous from a design standpoint to add power worthy of an entire year of farming.

Now, my math could be wrong. Maybe ingots are going to be inserted into raid/invasion/bounty rewards. We have yet to see what we get out of champion events. But that’s another problem: you released an economy without telling us how much we get for putting in effort. You scheduled the update the week before the only event we knew you wouldn’t modify. We get the first champion event, which might require us to switch hero classes, in the midst of the only week that demands you have specific hero classes each day. This was extremely poor planning.

I don’t think you, the devs, are stupid. You’ve stated you plan on releasing more weapons. I can imagine new weapons that aren’t broken AND make these new features exciting. I can imagine an economy that makes the cost of mythic/legendary ingots just small enough to make them “long-term goals” instead of “unobtainable chores”.

My problem is as a player, I don’t want to imagine the world where the update works. I want to play an update that makes me excited. This is how my ideal 3.5 would have launched:

• Data files updated to reveal a new weapon for each kingdom of varying rarities over the next 3 months. Yes, 10 per month. We just updated weapons, and weapons are tied to kingdom power, so it’s time to showcase weapons and make players want to freaking acquire weapons.
  • New weapons start very vanilla, and interesting abilities appear only through upgrades. Hook meets bait, players can see that new weapons are stronger than the old ones, but ONLY if upgraded. Ingots have a purpose and it’s clear day 1.
  • Outline exactly what events will give ingots at what levels at release, reserving the right to rebalance. Now players can spreadsheet out how long it will take them to get what they want. “Long term goals” is an anagram of “player retention”.
  • Schedule the update the week before the event that awards the most ingots. Players can IMMEDIATELY sense blood in the water.
  • Intentionally set ingot rewards about 10% lower than I think they should be, so “after monitoring the economy” they can be boosted, preferably immediately before the event starts. Then people are SUPER HYPE because they got a bonus.

New updates should invite me to play with the new features. Instead, I don’t feel like I’m going to understand how weapon upgrades work before 3.6.

We’re standing here with our strings on the ground. Why do you refuse to pull them?

9 Likes

Oh, okay. I didn’t even think of the tutorial possibility for why it was there.

Hmmm… I’d recently upgraded my Common troops, so I’ll have to look for an epic troop or something that I definitely don’t use, I guess. After that, I hope that particular task doesn’t return.

Thank you Stan, for your advice on this! :slight_smile:

1 Like