3.5 feedback and suggestions

I haven’t seen that one, but for players just a bit higher level than you this one is super-easy: once you ascend a troop to Mythic all additional copies beyond the 4th are completely useless. Disenchant them for Souls! When I needed Souls I’d get 10-15k a week from this.

If the reward is decent but you don’t have any troops above the Mythic-4 line, just pick a crummy troop and disenchant it! It’s okay, just this one time. :wink:

I think Salty mentioned this in one of her latest streams? Also, I think a brief comment may also have been posted somewhere in these forums.

Generally speaking, I’m pretty sure that the silence from the devs on many topics equates to a “no comment” response. Their policies tend to be to not to comment on monetization policies and procedures for good reason. Even a simple acknowledgement or denial of such a post can cause a firestorm of issues. So, while silence does portray negative implications, it is often the “least bad” option in many situations for the devs.

While I appreciate your sincerity, I don’t buy that “because one guy is a grinder, we can’t have nice things”. I don’t feel like dogfighting over the nuance of “how much grinding is too much” and “how many grinders are too much”. I’ve got my fair share of bitterness at the game too, but I can’t bring myself to believe that.

It doesn’t really matter. I’m sort of ignoring weapon upgrades right now because there’s no exciting or relevant upgrades for me to make short-term. I’m going to wait until that changes to bother doing much side grinding or purchasing of ingots.

@Cyrup: this is a QoL suggestion. I’m already unexcited about ingots. If there are zero weapons with interesting upgrades coming in the next few months, it’s like there’s not even a feature there. So far, there is a promise of zero weapons with interesting upgrades. So it feels more like the devs arbitrarily decided “Slypenslyde should have to wait a year to reach 8 stars on most kingdoms”. Slypenslyde doesn’t like that. Things that take a year to farm at a normal rate of play should be exciting. A +1 boost is barely a pat on the back. They broke what was a sign of high achievement and turned it into a participation trophy.

3 Likes

That’s unlikely, seeing that the latest stream was prior to the patch release. Besides, I’d somehow except feedback given in this forum to also get replied to in this forum.

Are you sure it wasn’t about bunnies or waifu instead?

As far as I can tell there’s just one policy, and that’s to restrict communication to topics not relevant to the game. Take the changed PvP rewards as an example, it’s rare for companies to demonstrate such poor communication skills, both prior and after the incident. It that was about “monetization procedures”, the intent must have been to discourage players from spending money. Feels like the patch was outsourced to some other company, with the devs around here only finding out by our feedback what actually got packaged in.

Dang, I’m sounding all negative again. I just wish they would hire somebody to communicate with us about game related concerns. Most of the bad mood around here seems to be caused by such topics being left simmering for weeks, where an early one-liner could easily defuse the whole situation.

1 Like

Actual feedback.

When the 3.5 patch notes were originally posted the day before release, it included this blurb:

Old PvP Rank Up/Down menu removed – PvP Point changes and Rank changes are now communicated through resource cards at the end of the match

This has since been removed from the patch notes and obviously hasn’t been implemented. I think it would be the best 3.5 feature if it had been pushed. I don’t care about my PvP rank after I reach Tier 1. There aren’t any more ranks as far as I’m concerned!

5 Likes

Please, for the love of Gard, let us remember the last search setting used in the Troops menu, and let it persist between sessions. I will never use an A-Z or Z-A sorting type, and if I’m in the midst of upgrading, say, troops from Zhul’kari or Wargare troops, I have to scroll down each and every time. I am sure everybody has their own default search preferences, so please let us set our own.

Larger scrollbars in menus for all mobile devices would be great, too. The Banner view in troops is impossible to use. The ones for team selection are iffy at best.

3 Likes

Regarding the in-game Guild Searches and listings, is it possible to add more information about each active guild? Perhaps a bit of a re-design to allow such?

I’m on PS4, and I just see a brief intro text (1 or 2 sentences) on the right of the shields, but under the shields on the bottom left side, there appears to be plenty of room to put a few bullet points listing requirements, and stats/levels of some sort, for these guilds. It can also give the more hard-core guilds a chance to ‘show off’ their stats or prowess at a quick glance, to attract more people if recruiting.

I figure if we can search for guilds in-game, then why not provide more info there in those big boxes too?

4 Likes

Class changes should not cost 50 gems, especially during class event weeks.

5 Likes

Can you guys please add an option on console to remember last battle choice we did

Example, when we do bountie, it always put us on stage 1 every time we finish a fight so we need to go back to stage 20 every time.

Same for pvp fight, it always bring us back to 1 trophy battle and we need to move left stick twice on the right to do 3 trophy battle.

When we do challenge it’s the same thing it bring us back to the first challenge and we need to scroll back again to where we were. And please add a play again button, it suck to be kick to world map after each battle

It might not be a big thing on pc but on xbox this make us do some useless movements and it will also save us lot of times.

I know you can do it @Alpheon :slight_smile: thanks again

5 Likes

Few Suggestions:

• There is no display showing how a class effects the hero type. For instance a Dragonguard hero class makes the the hero count as a dragon, but there is know way to know this unless you switch to the class and see its effect. Switching to all the classes to fins out their type is burdensome because you can only switch once per day without spending gems.

• From the hero screen (with tabs for Upgrade-Orbs-Skills-Class Info) it would be nice if there were arrows on the left and right side so I could cycle through the classes without needing to go forwards and backwards over and over again.

• Likewise, its a huge hassle to look through kingdoms power to see what tasks you have left to complete. There should be arrows on the kingdom screen to let you switch kingdoms without needing to go all the way back to the map. Currently to check on tasks for kindoms, you have to:

1. Select Kingdom from map
    2. Tap “Kingdom” button
    3. Tap “Power” tab
    4. Tap back button
    5. Tap “X” button
    6. Find next kingdom on map trying to remember what you’ve visited before
    7. Go back to step 1
  • Also, it would be nice if there was some kind of UI to let you know a kingdom can no longer be upgraded due to a task that is “Not achievable yet” without drilling all the way down to the kingdom power tab.

7 Likes

Adding feedback and suggestion for the Class event:

This is an event for newish players to get a chance at upgrading classes earlier. If it will always be tied to the weekly event then it will nudge the players into “the right direction” of testing the new troops.

But… there are a few designs mistakes:

The prices on the shop are too high.
Even assuming a new player could spend so much gems on these first tiers the rewards aren’t that valuable.
I give it a 5/10. Cut the prices on the shop by half, double the amount of gold and triple the amont of souls and add some generous amount of glory (we are battling champions you know…) to make it a really meaningfull event shop for new players.

Regarding the weapon in the shop tier: It’s a bad deal to buy an item that can be ours with normal gameplay using the class, it should be a NEW Rare Weapon to be introduced in earlier Shop Tiers such as II and III.

If we think about the future, we’ll need two weapons fully upgraded, to unlock kingdom stars, this would be a challenge specially for newly released kingdoms, and also considering the main focus of these events being new players this would fit nicely on the needs of both groups. These rare weapons could be upgraded eventually and benefit players at different stages of gameplay. In this sense there is a good incentive to make us, players, spend gems in the shop.

With reasonable prices, and useful items for certain objectives these new features can work just fine. Repeating the same boring mistakes from 3.3 up to 3.5 surely drives people away. (As it did for me…)

5 Likes

I saw someone request an “up” button for the console troop list, that takes you from the top of the list to the bottom. This would be very nice on PC/mobile as well. Sometimes I want to look at my lowest level/rarity/etc. troops, and with 400+ troops in the game that is a lot of time spent pressing the “down” button.

10 Likes

This is something that happens to me frequently as well, especially when a new kingdom is released or I aim for a new mythic. Basically, I get a bunch of new troops I didn’t have before. Especially since I don’t buy the bounty/invasion/raid troops and don’t spend event keys on new legendaries unless I am also missing the mythic from the kingdom in question.
So basically, I get a few new troops and am unlikely to ascend them. Which means I have to either remember all of them and use the search function to find them OR scroll down to the bottom when sorting for levels to upgrade all of them to their current max level. Which is pretty annoying because yeah, lots of troops.

I also sometimes forget to increase the level after ascending a troop. Happens all the time, especially when I have a lot to ascend after a key-spending spree and it’s just click-and-repeat. Searching for the lowest levels is, in that case, also really important.

1 Like

I sincerely hope they do that. A lot of my guild mates that don’t use the forums have been wanting this for some time now.

1 Like

This is something I’ve wanted for a long time but usually ends up being forgotten because there’s so many issues upfront that causes bigger grievances.

I would like a way to empty/delete an outdated team and keep it empty. Right now, every time I try to remove all troops of a team, it never saves. I just want to return a team slot to factory conditions, like a Team #37 with no troops, or just the pre-given Sword of Heroes or something.

Wow… This month’s Calendar reward is quite generous! If some improvement in Ingot’s economy keep happening in the future, we might not need 5 years to fully upgrade each Mythic weapon after all.

Despite all the gem-sinks being added lately, I have to say having calendar like this and daily tasks are very nice!

7 Likes

Changing classes should not cost as much as a VIP chest. It causes me to, many days, play the game less.

2 Likes

It’s never been 5 years. It’s “only” 1 year and 3 weeks.

+1
And add ingots to the loot table of daily tasks.

2 Likes

Simply stated, this. I would be actively changing my game class BUT ALSO spending gems constantly on VIP chests if the chests for more affordable given how extremely volatile the reward.

Mythic (or at LEAST legendary x2 troops) from VIP chests need to be a reality given the price; I can’t believe I got suckered into buying 4 of them at 50 a pop, but it also kept me from playing the game more and probably purchasing a fare share of resources in the meantime to level some player classes – but couldn’t, wasn’t gonna pay/wasn’t able to pay after the VIP Chests.

Two undesirable outcomes; two negative player experiences–terrible epic rare (purple rarity traitstones), out 50 gems, can’t level up class i want to because i can’t afford the change when i had to change it to certain setup for blue defense on GW day. So, I have to either stop playing for the day, farm trophies in (HORRIBLY repetitive at present Ranked PvP, level a player class I don’t want or need to, and have a terrible hero for the teams I want to run in explore, speed farm resources in explore, or go farm resources and complete weekly event in treasure maps.

Thank god for Spotify. Time to go move coin in Treasure Hunt. I guess the devs win; and after all THAT!

• Aurora Borealis, SNOWFROG of the Northwoods.