3.4 Feedback and suggestions

This is my first card game (besides Go Fish as a kid) so I’m pretty much relying on tips and suggestions to understand the mechanics and team structures for these specific battles. I ended up having to go to work so I missed out on finishing it. I don’t mind a challenge, but that team was unbeatable for me. It’s no fun to have lengthy battles that fail over and over, even after trying new teams.

I know its a shot in the dark when asking about teams without knowing what I have. That’s the worst of it. Seems like the one one people suggest that is the main one I don’t have.

I’m just very surprised that this update didn’t get out through testing or QA. A lot of people play this casually, and for them their games just stoped working.

I’d be more than happy to start a QA team or receieve beta versions of future updates. So that this level of broken doesn’t happen again.

There are some looping combinations that you can build with fairly common troops:
Hellcat/Alchemist + any combination of red and yellow troops. 2x goblin rocket is good (you do damage, move the board around and keep the turn), Gard’s Avatar or The Worldbreaker are great if you have those mythics (big damage to all 4 troops). Queen Titania does damage to all 4 and can keep the turn if there are 13 or more red gems on the board.
Green Seer/Giant Spider + any combination of green/purple troops. 2x Kraken is great (with the 3rd trait, you do 6 damage to all troops on every loop), Boar Rider, Goblin, Princess Fizzbang or any other Goblin that uses green or purple (you do damage without giving up the turn and go back to looping).

The idea with both of these is to keep casting the first two troops back and forth to repeatedly fill them while giving yourself extra turns from 4/5 matches with the transformed mana gems. The extra mana that you generate fills the 3rd and 4th troops which you can use to do damage with extra-turn troops or do heavy damage with things like Gard, TWB, Kraken, etc. at the risk of giving the opponent another turn.

It can take a bit of practice with these looping teams to learn to really control the board, but it is a very effective strategy as long as there is no Queen Mab on the other side.

3 Likes

There’s really many teams that work, some of them are just a bit more reliable than others. Really try the Devour approach, use troops like Kerberos, Great Maw or even Lamprey. It’s basically abusing RNG instead of getting abused by it, you can retry the fight as often as you want within the one hour limit, and you just need to get lucky once.

1 Like

Stage 7 of Pet Rescue took 25 tries to beat . Got to stage 8 and every enemy can pretty much one shot each one of my troops. Might actually survive the 1st shot, definitely don’t survive the 2nd shot. Pet rescue is a nice idea, but it’s not worth my time anymore.

1 Like

Another suggestion… Change the box sizes so it all fits without side scrolling

17 Likes

^this is a good one. There’s plenty of room for all of them.

A couple of notes/counterpoints on the suggestions here:

1. the 7th and 8th battles are the perfect level of difficulty for an end gamer like me. Not stupid difficult, but challenging enough to be a little scary. I haven’t lost yet, but I’ve had some really close calls ("how did my gorgotha die to skulls??).
  2. I would highly discourage a one day timer on these pet events as opposed to the current one hour. I’d compromise at two hours for PC/mobile (can’t speak for console, I know their problem is different) because any longer and it means that if I get in on a pet event in the first few minutes, I have to wait even longer to hunt for more pets again.

When you ask for really long timers you’re actually asking for reduced rewards. And I’m not prone to doing that considering how much has already been reduced in the past.

8 Likes

You know what I would like?
If a guild could set how long they want the pet rescue timer to be.
If it’s a super-active guild and the focus is on getting as many pets as possible, just leave it at 1 hour.
If it’s a casual guild which wants to give everyone a chance to get a pet and not care so much about how many are gotten, put it up to a day, like the current event.
A guild in between, with both very casual gamers logging in once a day and players which check more often for tribute at least might benefit the most from anything between 3-9 hours.

So yeah, my suggestion: Let the guilds set their own timeframe for pet event durations, from 1 hour - 24 hours.

10 Likes

More gnomes please or take this out of daily tasks. Only 2 are available now.

1 Like

If that works the same as Boss and Tower tasks, if you just restart the game it should give you a different task.

Not this one, it stuck and I reported.

That’s crappy. There will be very few players who have 3 gnome troops.

There aren’t 3 period so everytime we get this we will have to report and wait. @Cyrup can you speed this up for me?

There is 3 since update, the pet gnome been added to vault as reward

And you can’t use doubles either.

If they fix the “Pet Gnome”, there will at least be three in the game. Last I heard, even if you find one in the Vault, it doesn’t show up in your troop list so you can’t put it on a team. One of my guildmates got one yesterday but couldn’t do anything with it.

Pets don’t count.

This is a impossible daily for now

1 Like

I mean the pet gnome troop he is now in vault and you can win it

You can win it, but it doesn’t show up in the troop list yet. He doesn’t show up on GOWDB either, so there is probably something wrong with the troop info in the game files.

Did you put in a support ticket? Support is probably way behind with everything else going on with the update, but they will be able to reset your task when they get to it.