3.3 Known Issues (PC/Mobile/Console)

I actually have to go to the dashboard because I cannot quit out of the game.

There used to be a row of quest counters at the bottom to let you know what you have finished and how far left to finish the entire process.

thank you for this response! gnomes made it worth exploring, even if you nerfed loots, many people want a chance tl atleast pull a cedrick sparklesack…! Plus it was something new no one ever saw before and was fun to see one appear, i only found 3 in 2 and a half hours.

1 Like

Just to further on this issue, I am interested to know if you have changed the difficulty down to Normal to speed up the number of battles? If this is the case, then the AI will actually use a bit less of the latter part of it’s name.

PS4 Trophies and Steam Achievements are available, but unfortunately, due to a scheduling issue out of our control, XB1 achievements will be available Soon™

2 Likes

It only appears when you enter quests from the world map. With the change to quests where it doesn’t go back to the world map anymore it seems to not return for each quest. We’ll look at getting it fixed for the next patch.

4 Likes

We took the servers down for a little to fix some things. Please try restarting the game and see how you go? It might help your issue?

1 Like

@Cyrup

Thanks for looking into it. Acknowledgement is definitely better then the assumed all platforms are okay because 2 of the 3 work.

1 Like

Often enough for me to go crazy. Since any accusation like this is met with the response. “The AI never changes”.

Just today is wars. Euryali should’ve casted twice for my opponent. But didn’t… Went for 3 red gem match instead. At the very least her cast would’ve cost me points and maybe the match since she would’ve summoned. Abnormal AI has been brought to a devs attention countless times. I just refer to it as the AI making dumb choices for no rhyme or reason. But will no doubt make up for it later by being smarter than a human with it’s gems selections. Inevitably making it “balanced”.

TL:DR… The AI always changes. But devs always choose to ignore reports of such things.

1 Like

My apologies, I frantically typed up that on the known issues list just to get it written down, meaning to go and change it later but forgot. It’s separate on the list now!

1 Like

If I can make an unfair snide comment:

I feel like your life would be so much easier if console and pc/mobile weren’t synced up like they used to be. At least then you’d have to deal with less issues at one time. I don’t envy you. Good luck :slight_smile:

It’s actually easier for them this way.
Unless you’re proposing a staggered release on the patches. I was shocked we all got it at relatively the same time.
But having an issue on PS4 only… Is actually helpful. Cause its just relevant to that platform. Compared to say the Gnome bug that effected all platforms.
Even with just mobile… there’s going to be issues for iOS users that are separate from Android.

The issue is the QA… Which it always has been for every single patch. Which makes them all bittersweet.

Easier for programming and release, but harder for troubleshooting issues, precisely because some issues only hit certain platforms. Its still an extra issue, even if its only a small sector of the audience. And even if the problem only targets one platform, it could still be a major issue.

Before, they could iron out all the issues beforehand on PC/Mobile and only had to deal with odd console issues once it arrived.

I really don’t envy them, they have a hard job no matter which type happens.

1 Like

Gnome/Cedric don’t appear in the “Troops” when “Unowned” is selected.

No change…same level - just going about the explore now without having to go in and out and in and out…

Not sure if the increase in battles because I don’t have to go in after each battle may be - but I have only done 21 battles so far.

If I may add to this. It happens in ranked PvP and Guild wars just the same.

Sorry for the self-quote, but our fearless devs seem to have not noticed this post in the deluge associated with 3.3. @Cyrup, can you add it to the list of things to investigate?

My wife is a big gamer on gems of war thru Xbox 1, however she had a card called penguin. After the update occurred, her penguin card was lost. What’s going on? Does that happen every time?

When you say “lost”, what does that mean? She no longer has any copies of the troop, but she used to before? Or she still has copies, but the troop no longer shows up in her Troops List when she searches for it (try searching for “slap”, which should bring up Penguin and only Penguin right now)?

There is no “play again” button when you do Challenges. No need to be thrown out to the map when finishing a challenge, just let me choose the next.

I’m not sure if this extends to other troops but Moneylender has some…strange trait cost requirements for his rarity.

2 Likes