3.3 killing the players again

Metro, horizon zero dawn, maybe witcher? Wolfenstein 2 and bioshock sequels sat on my HDD ready to play.

3 Likes

Try monster hunter world if you get a chance. They did a great job there.

1 Like

Ever since I felt like a vip victim this game has pissed me off. Spending 250 event keys and over 3000 gems to get ONE magnus… And similar to mythic shentang legendary troops. Nah, it’s all kinds of things but that ui disaster was another nail in the coffin with numerous other things mate. I’ve just had a gut full of this game. The devs hate end game players. People were moaning to me that vip 0 don’t get anything from the devs. How utterly frigging ridiculous. They’ve had update after update, new kingdoms and troops and new game modes, all at exactly the same time as paying players, without whom there’d be NONE of those things!! Unbelievable. Personally I think mythics shouldn’t be in the drop pool for anyone under level 200 and vip players should get early access to new troops, a bit like battlefield premium users.
Anyway, I’ll hang around til just the next gw and finish off the trophies, lol, xathenos is going to be mine…

3 Likes

Yeah, as my fourth crafted mythic I think I’ll do him before I make war. I’d like the trophy too.

1 Like

True, but at least it’s ONLY that kingdom and it can give the lower rarity. I’m not sure if the drop rate is in a way better or worse as there are no stones or other troops so it probably has a lower drop rate for legs and mythics. It probably is but we didn’t get any posted rates from devs yet so who knows, however some did wish for ways to get the commons and rares and I can still buy keys with glory so while it’s mainly relevant for this week it’s something. It doesn’t make it the best value for an end gamer overall, just that technically it isn’t the worse for new to midgame as unlike event keys, it delivers as promised.

2 Likes

I agree with everything you said. They’re pissing off the paying players, and it’s going to bite them in the ass eventually, and when it does, I’ll be there with the popcorn :popcorn:

3 Likes

My thoughts on Raids:

I like the game mode, as an idea. It’s a fun challenge trying to build a good team from such a small pool of options, I do enjoy that. It makes it exciting.

What I don’t like is the gem sink. It’s a little much. On Xbox global, someone said they totalled it up and to buy all Tiers is 1,400 gems. That is crazy, especially, after all the gem nerfs they have done. On top of that, I saw that first place on the boards only gives 700 gems. Seriously? So, if you buy all Tiers, get first, and close all 10 portals, you’ll only get a little over half of your gems back? That feels like a bit of a rip off.

Also, speaking of Tiers, you have to buy at least some to get that special Raid Boss card. Well, I guess you don’t “have to”, but if you want to beat the boss on the high levels, it’s basically a necessity. I guess if you don’t really care about that, then you probably aren’t buying any of the Tiers, anyway.

Second, my other issue is lack of rewards and seals. These battles take a lot of time at the high levels and you’re only getting 5 Seals per match and hardly any rewards (gold and such). I can get better stuff doing Casual PvP or 1 trophies in Ranked. After hours of doing Raid Bosses, I felt a bit cheated on the rewards side of things. Basically, too much effort for not enough pay off.

All in all, I think the Raids are a good idea with a terrible execution. Overall, I wouldn’t give it more than a 5/10. If, at some point, they modify the Tiers, give us better rewards per battle and overall (leader boards and portals), I’ll give it a higher score.

But, for now, while I’m not “mad” about Raids, I’m not exactly “happy” either. Until they change it around a bit, I would suggest just playing it more casually. Basically, don’t sink Gems in it or Prioritize it over your PvP-ing or Exploring or whatever else you regularly do, it’s not worth it, currently.

4 Likes

To keep everyone happy in our guild, we are just focusing on seals this week , not worrying about rules really and everyone can play how they want. We are going to ride this storm out.

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: But… Wouldn’t new to midgame players benefit more from ultra-rares, even random ones, than from lower rarities anyway? Sure, opening a Berserker sucks, but spending 250 gems or more and getting six commons and two rares that’ll come eventually on gold chets is a punch in guts…

And it only gets worse when this event stars on an old kingdom that everyone and their grannies have everything “mythicked” already. I hope they add more Godslayer troops even if they reduce the kingdom cards and remove the silly extras that are not Sigils.

1 Like

What happens when you’ve killed the boss and lost your damage troops? Can you retreat or do you either try and win with the ‘wrong’ troops or let them kill you? It’s so ridiculous.

3 Likes

You get points for a loss at least. And the same rewards pretty much so kill the boss first.

2 Likes

But what’s the point once you’ve killed the boss? You’re just sat there either trying to win or trying to lose, whatever is the quickest. There’s a no glory, no trophies, no seals for this garbage. Seriously, how can this be enjoyable? I’ve only bought the tiers as a one off because I want to finish on a high and finish the boss but because of the time sink required we have people who’ve barely squeezed a pimple on his forehead yet! I don’t get this form of gaming, I really don’t.

9 Likes

I’m really upset the way they did the event on top of it all week. As if grinding out a boss isn’t enough, now a pvp only event, really. They just really did a number on us this time. It could have been 750 enemies period.

This is all just a bad joke and I’m wondering what the punch line will be.

7 Likes

I agree with you 100% Nephilim why kill the team after boss waste of time. Plus, if they think this will make me spend more money if any they are wrong i just go buy me a Big Steak from a nice restaurant or go buy a new game off shelf than buy gems to try play this sink hole.

5 Likes

You get score for damage to the boss, even if you lose the battle. You could imagine it like a whole team making an effort to kill the biggest threat even if they sacrifice themselves.

It’s pretty much how things work out on games with such features, but the devs had to adapt this concept into GoW and followed what people asked for in the past. If it’s not your cup of coffee, that’s ok, you are not wrong for thinking that at all, but it’s a matter of taste. There are things you’ll dislike but that some people enjoy, it’s just that.

2 Likes

I know you get points for damaging it, I’ve done 25k worth, but why try and win the round once you’ve killed it and you’ve lost your heavy hitters? If you retreat do you lose the damage? That’s what my point is.

1 Like

This is the biggest waste of time and gem scam I have ever seen on this game, the rewards are literally nothing for what it takes to complete this. This is absolutely terrible and needs to be changed ASAP. This is a fail, put Guild Wars Back!

11 Likes

Absolutely woo. I’m leaving anyway but this huge log of a turd.

2 Likes

I don’t think so, you retreat and lose it all.

1 Like

Because as fantasy mirrors reality the minions not necessarily need to vanish or drop dead after their “Big Daddy-o” is wasted…

They honestly don’t expect that everyone, and much less you in particular, will spend gems or money for this feature. I hope you enjoy your lunch or dinner in peace or that you find a nice game or something else to invest your money, you worked for it and deserves to spend it the best way you can.

I do believe so, but it doesn’t takes much, sometimes, to lose because the minions have insane stats at some point.

I don’t agree it’s a scam, you are not being forced or losing any potential progress for not using your gems and your time.

6 Likes