3.3 Feedback and suggestions

really?? come on dev why are you so affraid to give stuff? the drop rate was perfect and nw we never see them :frowning:

2 Likes

Gnomes just hit Leprechaun status… Do they even Exist???

#makegnomesgreatagain come on

5 Likes

Yep.

This nerf really sucked all the fun out of play for me today. I was so excited to find just one gnome after seeing all the excitement on the forum. Just ick… :expressionless:

9 Likes

Well that was fun while it lasted but the initial drop rates were quite low I thought I ended up getting 3 total over about 450 matches now. I blame Sheba and her lucky run of 8 post :stuck_out_tongue:
Cheers
Calvin

The spawn rate was most assuredly not perfect as people were getting 100+ gems in an hour. That was completely economy-breaking and the nerf needed to come and quickly as well.

However.

I feel that the nerf, as it happened, isn’t really well thought-out. While some spawn nerf was justified, making a new feature of the patch basically non-existent again is not very smart (especially since not everyone was here for the few minutes where Gnomes did spawn).
It would, in my eyes, be far better to make an adjustment to what the Gnomes drop. Making the 20 gems and Vault Keys rarer while increasing the not-so-special rewards like souls while still letting Gnomes happen would keep things motivating for the players.

14 Likes
Initiating Obvious protocols...
Loading basic knowledge and logic...
Obvious Statements at 100%. Obvious post unloaded:

“Generous Bugs” are the worse because no matter what is said people will still be angry and felt betrayed. The whole experince is now tainted.

2 Likes

I was working on a post saying pretty much the same thing (but with a lot more words) but it looks like you got it covered, so I’ll put my TLDR thoughts here. The RNG double/triple blind leaves enough room so you can see the gnomes, but not have them break the economy. Having a gnome be a once in a week experience for normal play, then having said gnome give you a handful of gold or souls is more embittering than anything. And its not like I’m going to run down the street screaming with joy when I hit the now lottery-odds of getting 100 gems or a handful of keys - as an individual super high rarity event, this is not in the least impactful.

Basically, what was hoping for from this feature was a way to actually occasionally see some increase on the resources that actually matter through actually playing the game, even if slowly, so it felt like I could get off the treadmills of just playing endless dailies/weeklies every now and then if I had some extra time and wanted to play it might actually mean something in a mode that isn’t treasure hunt. Not it might have a chance of a shot that it could mean something.

Also this. Quadruple check things like this in the future.

6 Likes

:flushed: Someone working on a post saying the same as me but using even more words is scary… and not what I’m used to. Normally I’m the one using 100x the words others need to get the same thing across.:joy:

I’m agreeing with all of the rest you wrote. Just wanted to toss that out.:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thank you Dev for finally putting with the traits on a card - WHERE to find the stones :slight_smile: I love @Lyya’s grid but I play a lot on my phone…this makes it easier

Exactly, a new feature with modest rewards but with enough “visibility” is better than one that can sometimes be very profitable but extremely rare.

You’ll get used to Mithran’s (Peng)long posts… :rofl:
This pun is specially dedicated to @Cyrup and @Saltypatra “Longboi” fangirls! :wink:

3 Likes

The Gnome nerf made me go from mildly annoyed to outright angry over the course over the past few hours of zero gnomes.

Casual players who only play 10 matches a day will never see a gnome the entire time this game keeps their attention.

Terrible decision to put the drop rate so low. Please fix ASAP.

7 Likes

Hi guys, can we please redirect the gnome comments to the existing gnome thread(s?):

I would like to keep this discussion relating to other suggestions/feedback as well. :+1:

Yeah it’s brutal they nerfed them already. We have 30 people in my guild 2 of which were lucky enough to be on playing and talking about gnomes in our discord channel. Guess how the other 28 are going to feel when they finally get on later…

Edit: Back to the economy comment I’ll grant you there is one in the game in so far that there are resources to manage by individual players however I don’t care if player A has more than me due to some random drop rates. The game isn’t going to break with gnomes popping up every 100 matches or so. I don’t consider this game having an “economy” in a traditional sense where we purchase and trade things between players as in most MP games where anyone would consider they have an “economy” I’ve played.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, this really is the only topic about 3.3 until something else comes along (Raid/Bounty/Invasion aren’t active yet). Especially since now the players feel really slighted by what just happened.

I’d be a lot happier if they kept the gnome as is, and just increase vault key drop rate during vault event. At some point I’d like to own a Cedric/Valvraven/Treasure Gnome…

1 Like

Earlt thoughts on immunity to mana drain:

This is more of a general observation. I know this particular trait will be fleshed out more, however for the moment I noticed it is on a lot of cards that I rarely see in PVP, GWs. This is a great way to revive dead content: the majority of troops that fall by the wayside as early as mid game. I don’t know if that was the intention, or how it will play out over time, but I would love to see more innovation like it!

Please add a play again button to challenge screens.

3 Likes

Just wanted to say THANK YOU for adding the kingdom name to cards. May not be visually appealing, but I really appreciate being able to easily tell what kingdom a card is.

4 Likes

Just because you disagree, doesnt mean its wrong. In this instance, it makes you wrong.

I’d also like to request getting back the ability to see what troops you’ve already selected during Arena. It’s hard for me to remember what each troop can do, so not being able to check isn’t great.

2 Likes