3.2 Patch Notes

@Ozball please check again I’ve collected my tribute twice and had over seven kingdoms each time and only gotten about 470 gold each time. That used to be a couple thousand gold.

5 Likes

Im dizzy after 3-4 PvP matches. My eyes can simply not cope with this new board and cards rework…Too many colors, it’s too hard to focus on, I am red/green color blind and have bad eye sight. I will hang around crossing my fingers that there will come a ninja fix.

Edited to be a little more constructive:

1. The chessboard 8x8 routers should not be see through for the background, its already enough colors with the gems on the boards. This should be easy to fix to not make the chess board see through, some minor adjustements.

2. The skill numbers on troop cards while playing needs to be more visible. This can be solved by for example adding a little black plates and add white/light green numbers inside them.

13 Likes

Is this what it took to fix wisp?

3 Likes

You can’t just slap the label of “bug fix” on changing a long-established gameplay mechanic and avoid the fact that it fundamentally changes a major way in how the affected troops are used. At the very least, you need to issue refunds and rebalance affected traits accordingly. For starters, Plague, Moloch, Ketras, Maw, Courage, Doomclaw, Drakkulis, Jotnar, Dracos, Elemugrim, and Behemoth all need to be looked at and to a lesser extent, Yasmine’s Chosen, Queen Mab, Venoxia, Jarl, Sheggra, and Khorvash. Big, huge, (and repair and invention) could stand to be addressed as well, but they weren’t that great before Unity, and are pretty much filler now.

For starters I’d give all the stat affecting ones just a small boost of +1 (+3 stats for maw/ketras, -4 stats for plague, -2 for moloch, etc), Behemoth a boost of 50% (like his dungeon counterpart). Mythic troops with a random buffing trait (Jotnar, Doomclaw) really need to be favoring new troops every trait fire, but barring that implementation being too complicated, they should at least be kicking out two random buffs. The status traits were already pretty powerful (well, the ones with useful statuses) and might be okay. I’d make a notable exception for Yasmine’s Chosen here, since she needs that entangle on several troops be better than Webspinner levels of spell damage, and the chance is too low for it to reliably hit the front troop (and do, you know, what entangle is supposed to do). Perhaps the trait could be entangle a random troop and the front troop on green gem matches? Or, again, just two random troops if that is too complicated.

I’m also going to harp on this for a bit. I was never for AI sliders being added in the first place because they too easily put looping on the table for AI teams, but removing it now really makes it seem like it was all just some sort of grand experiment that somehow worked its way into all our gameplay for months (and way longer for console). While I appreciate the want to innovate around trying to solve the game’s major problems, the core gameplay features really should be staying more or less consistent. Calling this a “minor feature” doesn’t help, either.

I haven’t even gotten to the interface yet. Mostly because I have only seen pictures and not used it so far, as I’m not updating my game client until it literally forces me to, which will hopefully not be until the end of the week.

To sum up:

• Call a nerf a nerf (all troops with match traits) and issue refunds accordingly for affected troops.
  • Rebalance all match traits to fit the new restrictions.
  • Please be consistent with what you want your core gameplay experience to be going forward.
  • Interface looks bad, but I will need to judge it on usability later.
18 Likes

I also collected twice but hardly got the usual amount of gold from my kingdoms…

4 Likes

I guess since I cant really see what the troops stats are, so ill just to continue to use mine until I win or lose. Since i cant see.

2 Likes

Please put the game look back to what it was before. This looks terrible.

13 Likes

The text is unreadable. The font is very unfriendly to my eyes, all lines are the same thickness and with my poor eyesight it makes it super difficult to distinguish one letter from the other.

The lack of a solid background makes it x100 worse.

Please give us an option to use the old UI. Because I can’t play the game like this anymore. I want to but I am NOT ABLE to.

17 Likes

Yes, please give us the option to use old UI system!!!

13 Likes

You are still getting the same as before but now it shows the amounts of stuff without all the bonuses applied (which is stupid). If you check your total gold before collecting tribute you will see you are actually still getting thousands like before.

BIG mistake Devs, trying to add all of these new features all at once.

3 Likes

I honestly don’t mind a lot of the changes and I think there’s a lot of negative backlash simply b/c people don’t like change. Overall this largely feels like a waste to me, and I think it steers the game away from the fantasy feel it had, but it mostly doesn’t bother me. (And I’m very excited for unique troop bonuses. It won’t solve all the meta problems, but it’s a great step in the right direction. I’ll take 6 different, crappy battles every day over 1!)

What does bother me, and it really bothers me, is the readability issues. There are really fundamental areas where the game is now much harder to read.

1. The most obvious one is also really bad – the actual playing of matches. We’re talking about the absolute core of the game. And I can’t read stats now!!! This pencil thin font with nothing to make it stand out from the background. Then, b/c the kingdom backgrounds are so vibrant, it makes some of the gems on the board difficult to see. It’s just so bad. I like the intent, I guess, but the execution just seems blatantly off the mark.
  2. Why go with Black & White on the Kingdom screen and then White & Black & Shades of Gray in other areas (like Bonuses)? It seems like there’s all this great new color and then some key areas end up feeling more bland.
  3. How the heck do I know what the daily color is for GW now? Is it the color of the “War X” (which I can barely read)? So so bad.
  4. Why isn’t my guild highlighted more in the GW rankings (you know, the thing I actually care about and want to see at a glance)?
  5. Does the Results screen really need to use so much real estate that I can only see 2 people’s results at a time?
  6. Those Banners. Why are the banners so big and the color bonuses so small? It honestly looks comical and the sizing should be reversed. At the end of the day, I want to know the color bonuses, not the flag, so why is the important info so small?
  7. Is Brown now Gray in the daily defenses section? I honestly wasn’t sure until I figured it out via process of elimination (and this should be clear to begin with).

I guess at the end of the day, I don’t really understand why this was even a priority. Who asked for this? What’s the justification? A little context would also be very helpful.

Edit: Added Bonuses and the general B&W colors to my list.

6 Likes

For those that are giving constructive feedback, thank you very much.

I’ll be putting together a document of feedback and community suggested fixes over the next few days as players settle into the new update and UI. Right now there are a lot of gut feeling reactions, which is completely normal, so I’ll be noting down the common themes there as well.

24 Likes

Please add Filter by trait
Filter by spell effect is very important for Guild Wars

4 Likes

Well put. The fantasy feel is definitely gone. The border around the troop is hard to take imo. It’s like the troops have lost their identity and status they once had.

6 Likes

I agree, I will probably be quitting GOW, if they don’t fix or at least alter the UI especially for the confusing game board

4 Likes

I’ve been through many games where they revamp the UI. Sometimes I hate it, sometimes I like it but I always get used to it.

My first impression is that it’s really hard to see info that stood out yesterday. Hard to see numbers, for example the new stun animation with the XXX’s is hard to notice unless you are really looking for it. Basically, I just can’t glance at the teams and see what I need to see. The numbers, mostly the numers don’t stand out and any other things like stun and freeze just kind of blend in the the cards now.

2 Likes

Dang it - Here I set up my week just to make sure I had different troops, come to find out it starts next week.

Hopefully folks do because right now first 3 Rounds of GW have been 2 Wisps, Kry, Mab.

And cant even see the Teams Score now, FFS.

2 Likes

Second tribute and I notice a lot of change missing.

2 Likes