3.2 Feedback and Suggestions

Lol, I can’t believe how frigging bad the new graphics are. Apart from the cards and weapons, it’s so amateurish it’s unbelievable.

10 Likes

I’ve just found this little… “gem” on the FB and absolutely need to share it with you :smiley:

zombies

26 Likes

That is beyond hilarious!:rofl:
And I actually think that Zombies are far more fantasy than the new UI. Actually, despite being absolutely not a fan of zombies, I don’t see how they are sci-fi at all. The zombies I’m thinking about are basically undead (and we have a zombie already, don’t we?) just like vampires, ghouls, wraiths… They’re fantasy.
But if zombies are considered sci-fi… maybe the new UI is considered fantasy?!:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

6 Likes

no way not even then!

4 Likes

Can we please, please, please get a kingdom indicator back on the troop cards? I just had to use an external site to find out what kingdom one of my missing mythic troops belongs to. That information should be easily available in the game.

I shouldn’t have to search each kingdom separately to get this information - searching the troop by name should be all that is required.

4 Likes

There is already a zombie in the game. He doesn’t seem to have ever bothered anyone.

2 Likes

i would never suspect that zombie was sci fi… he must have hidden a laser blade in his stomach

1 Like

Well, his guts are kinda glowing purple… so maybe our zombie is sci-fi. But then again, that can’t be it - nothing is more glowy than our radioactive-green button which flashes eyecancer-yellow when pressed, which would make the UI sci-fi as well. There must be a different explanation why zombies are sci-fi… it’s a mystery.:thinking:

1 Like

well obviously zombies didnt become “undead” by dark magic, but by some mutated virus… since magic doesnt exist right… uhh nvm… even plague doesnt approve of this scifi concept :rofl:

hmm all dark necromancers must be so happy now, going back to the future

1 Like

Zombies have been part of the fantasy genre all along.

When Sauron was called “The Necromancer”, what do you think he was doing? Hell, there’s probably tales of reanimated dead if I went back to medieval literature, before “genres” even existed.

Just say, “Eh, not interested in more zombie troops.” Don’t make up some bullshit about “wrong nerd genre” when your fanbase is nerds.

7 Likes

Zombies are a classic part of D&D since the original “white box” set. 'Nuff said.

2 Likes

Pmsl. Are you sure it wasn’t you on an alternative account Mike? Lol

I don’t know what straw it’ll be to finally break my back (eyes) but this is pretty damn close.

Acid-yellow text on an acid-green field? Seriously?? I want to claw my eyes out. It hurts. ALL OF IT HURTS.

13 Likes

The gallery page (Gallery – Gems of War) has some really cool mockups of what I assume is a future UI update. The game looks so pretty! These prerelease screenshots are also in some of the stores, like the Google Play store.

When’s that update coming? It looks so good!

4 Likes

To quote the comedian Christopher Titus:

“Holy Sh-… God Da-… Wow.”

That is so bad I can barely read it. And that was AFTER clicking on the picture and zooming in all the way on my phone. Got to hand it to them, that’s some quality craftsmanship right there. Pfft.

2 Likes

Wait… there’s something in there? Okay, now this is… ridiculous.

Dear devs, it would be lovely if you could check out a page like this one:
http://www.vischeck.com/examples/
Where you can see how a person with red-green-blindness views the world. I have been told (by someone who isn’t red-green-blind) that the “correct” pictures on the left side show very different colors.
I am not completely red-green-blind (it’s not as bad for me as the right pictures show), so I can, for example, still discern between our button being neon-green or neon-yellow (when pressed). But this image linked by @Versheenah? I can’t. There is NOTHING for me in that green arrow. I have no idea what’s supposed to be in there.

Also maybe this will give you an example of how horrible the green button is for me. While not quite the quality of the neon-yellow, it does always look ‘yellow’-ish to me (I think. It’s hard to describe this crap when you don’t see what others see) and that is VERY difficult when the text is white and burns in the eyes.

3 Likes

I have no problems looking at most of the UI but the Blighted Lands background is way too overpowering. It hurts to look at purple gems on that heavy red background.

Can we please go back to a solid background

This is very easy to see where all the moves are. All the coloured gems really stand out

This is a lot harder to finds moves. The gems don’t stand out at all

10 Likes

I’m not sure if anyone else already brought it up, but is there any way you could add like a checkbox or something in the filter troop menu to reverse the order in which you filter the troops? ATM you can filter alphabetically from A-Z and Z-A, but i’d like to see the same when you filter troops by level for example. Since you removed the little scrollbar thingy it takes forever to scroll to the bottom when you filter by level for example.

Just adding a little checkbox or something that gives you the option of filtering by ascending/descending level/rarity would be great.

8 Likes

If these have already been mentioned please disregard. I feel like the UI is improved from when it first dropped, but I’ve come across two things:

1. I cannot identify what kingdom a troop is from by looking at the troop card. If the icon could be put back or another line below the troop type or something.
  2. The only way I can check my kingdom power level is to go all the way into “Manage”, it would be nice if that was at a glance like it used to be. Also, that little shield with even littler stars to show you what level the kingdom is? Nigh impossible to read.

Thanks for your efforts to get the UI to something everyone can be happy with.

1 Like