3.2 Feedback and Suggestions

Even with Peryton at mythic, I have 7 stars and progress 290 / 300. Its impossible with 13 troops to have 8 stars.

1 Like

So I checked and my Dragon Claw is at 7 stars. And I don’t believe there is a mistake on the map. I have 5 Gold stars but 2 of them have become Blue. If you look closely at the map. There are 3 gold and two blue in my mind indicating that those are the two above the 5 gold stars making a total of 7 stars. Though at a glance it looks like 3 accented as opposed to 2 accented.

Visual confusion? Yes, but not a bug.

4 Likes

Exactly! We’re basically being used as paying beta testers… :frowning:
Yet they have a group of players that volunteered to be beta testers, but they didn’t test the 3.2 patch. Seems rather stupid to me to have a group of testers but not use them to test… :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

But then they’d have to listen to the beta testers and you know, listen to player’s feedback. That can’t happen, it’s not right.

2 Likes

After thinking about it I wonder if they introduced the new layout with placeholder “generic” white icons. They reworked almost everything to a cool 3d, it only makes sense the icons would go that route too. Same with the font. There are entire menus unfinished so it wouldn’t be out of the question that the text and iconography would be as well.

Obviously it would have been better to release it complete, but Sirrian did say they had deadlines and had to get it out regardless.

If that’s the case then along with a few bug fixes and a couple tweaks to a few readability issues on the cards then this may not be so bad long term.

I get that we all miss the old style, but honestly I think we can mostly agree that it’s mostly the familiarity that we miss. I was a harsh critic of this update, but my love of the game and a little time has me looking at it from the other side. Most of the finished stuff really is better. Imagine if they went from what it is now to what it was… the backlash would be crazy. What they had really was a step backwards from the new, it’s mostly just getting used to the new stuff. I bet you over the next update or two all of the generic looking white icons are replaced with nice 3d icons and text that really stand out as a positive change.

I’m not saying it’s all good, the troop selection menus really need to be able to scroll from front to back and the headache inducing board while playing was clearly an error. Of course a fix is already on its way and maybe the devs will listen and fix a few usability issues in the near future.

All that being said, I plead with the devs…once the next update or two completes this new interface, how about we concentrate on bug fixes before we decide to overhaul the entire game again.

Is it? I don’t feel like any of the tasks I used to perform are accomplished any more efficiently. Aside from filtering by two troop colors, everything is either the same or worse from an interaction design perspective, requiring squinting and scrolling where none was needed before. From a look and feel perspective, the new UI is a mess, though I admit that this is more subjective than objective. I have years of experience in interface development and work closely with graphical design and interaction design teams in my job, and this likely colors my perspective, but many others have expressed similar views.

I would love to understand the perspective of those who have made peace with the changes. Are you finding certain tasks to be more efficient than before?

21 Likes

Have they changed the look of the runestones? In reading through this, that is what I am gathering. You may say, “Well duh, just take a look!” but that is one of my problems with the new update. I have not seen a runestone yet.

I play on an iPad 2, which has had its difficulties rendering the various versions. It was crap by the end of v.2, but v.3, for all the things I disliked about it, resulted in the game playing very well. With 3.2, I am back to crap, and the runestone icons do not display. Nor do any icons won in battle, or on treasure hunt, or displayed in my collections screen. Can’t recall, but I don’t think they display in the tribute screen either. I can say for certain in about 45 minutes.

That’s the point, imo if you change something at least make it better, with this new UI, i don’t see any improvement, it’s taking more time to search for a troop it’s also take more time to understand and read the infos on the screen.

I wouldn’t mind the ugly color if at least i could do what i was able to do before quicker or easier but it’s not the case and that really suck cause i really like that game and i feel i am Playing a complely different game

4 Likes

Absolutely NOTHING apart from being able to choose two colours when searching for troops could be described as better than before. Personally I don’t even think this is better because the actual interface and search function on console is far worse than what we had before. On the old version it was far easier to search red/blue undead by just clicking undead in troop type and selecting red. Try it now, it’s painful.
I’m still so pissed at this absolute abomination. You can’t sugar coat it in any way, shape or form. It’s total crap.

9 Likes

I must say i find it really weird they launched the fix for pc about elsp and black beast on console even if everything was fine. Why delibarately sabotage console version? The result is we now got 3 more broken troops that was working as intended before the fix. This just make no sense

1 Like

I cant see what i loot in kingdoms emissars gifts if i want to skip animation!
i click kingdom, i clock “skip” and windows disappear.
i want to know instantly what i loot, not full skip it.
(and btw new loot window terrible)

1 Like

((Actually the post I wrote is trash and I’m sorry I wrote it and especially sorry if you saw it.))

No, but I have come to terms with it because it’s not going away. That post was me looking on the bright side. It’s either that, or stop playing entirely.

2 Likes

Fair enough. I get where you’re coming from.

2 Likes

I’m willing to give the new UI a fair shot rather than just do a knee-jerk “it’s ugly, I quit” - but between the weird scrolling of rewards while opening chests / winning battles, and the severe eye strain / fatigue from having to focus super hard to see information during fights, I get nasty motion-sickness type headaches after playing for even a little while. So I can’t even attempt to live with the new look for a while to see if I like it.

that’s my reason for speaking up. Game updates shouldn’t make you feel physically ill, and it’s a severe enough problem judging by all the similar reactions here that it’s clear not nearly enough testing or thought was put into the new UI.

5 Likes

That’s a tough one, because as much as a lot of people don’t want to know about or admit, 99.9% of games made (like movies, books, music videos etc) are basically an attempt to tie-in ‘higher wisdom’ (esoteric knowledge) to lower ‘base’ forms of entertainment and pastimes.

Meaning if people don’t actively search for higher wisdom themselves (at some Initiatory Society like Freemasonry, etc) then the idea is by playing a game, reading a book, etc they’ll have ‘insights’ that seemingly come ‘out of nowhere’ to them from being exposed to esoteric knowledge in an indirect form.

Okay, lol, to get to the point here, ‘Suncrest’ is obviously a kingdom based on the ‘Sun’, which is, to keep things simple, one of the closest symbols you can get to the ‘Highest Power’.
What they did was shift the old icon which was pretty scary and generally hard-to-pin to anything resembling the Power of the Sun in esotericism (besides that ‘third eye’), to one of the Ultimate forms for symbolism of the Sun in esoteric teaching - the Pheonix.

So as the Sun ‘dies’ and is ‘reborn’ day after day, showing us it’s ultimate power of eternal ‘salvation’ for mankind, so the Pheonix Rises again and again after death.
(Like Freemasonrys symbol is of a Pheonix with two heads looking both ways, the eternal Sun looking for forwards and backwards, to Light and Darkness, Life and Death, etc )

Ultimately though it does look like a form of ‘make-work’ project, since although the new icon does make more esoteric sense, it just doesn’t look that nice.

I think it’s safe to say that the old person who did the icons and UI before is ‘gone’, and someone new is there to take his place… (probably a Freemasonic ‘favor’ or something, letting an inexperienced guy join the team).

Will be interesting to see if the new units though maintain the same quality as the old ones, since maybe another way to look at it was the ‘old’ guy maybe was doing both the UI and the units, and wanted a break and wanted to get the same pay but only concentrate on the units, opening up a new position for the UI etc.

I opened two threads stating and wondering just that, to me there’s no way those whack black/white/blue icons are ‘finished’, they would have to be placeholders till the ‘final’ versions come out.

But the threads were opened to point out another problem, assuming those whack icons are temporary placeholders, why weren’t we told?

Better yet, why -aren’t- we told?

Meaning all this hubbub and one dev can’t come out and say (flat-out directly answering the darn question, not some ‘vague’ idea or thought) that, -Yes-, those are placeholder icons so stop worrying guys.

On top of that, they should not just make sure to tell us, but to tell us -Clearly- as a ‘Message of the Day’ when starting up the game.

Haven’t we all seen various things in our inboxes along the lines of, “Hey Guys! You got Free Stuff! Sorry about server being offline 2 hours here’s some gems!”

Well guess what? If a "Message of the Day’ is that easy for them, why not add a simple message like that for all to see, like "Hey Guys! We know those certain icons look like trash! Don’t worry they’re temporary while we bring out the new intended ones! Here’s some gems for your eye-strain! "

lol done and finished, and we wouldn’t have to be having these inane conversations in forums etc…

What happened to gaming it all seems to be going backward, I remember any mmo I played always had various messages posted for you so you know what’s going on, a game like this that must be swimming in money can’t be bothered to do that?

pfft no wonder people are upset…

lol eesh…

3 Likes

These stats are displayed in the bottom left corner of the ‘Troops & Teams’ screen, which can by accessed by clicking the ‘Troops’ icon at the bottom of the main map screen.

1 Like

Efficiency is coming at the cost of usability - that is to say, where there is any being gained at all.

For example:

Tributes’ loading stuff can be bypassed relatively fast now, but we can’t actually see what we’re getting - or even how many kingdoms’ tribute we got - because the things fly by too quickly if we do that.

LIttle hint, you always receive 1 less gem then kingdom tribute

Example: if you get 5 gems that mean 6 kingdom tribute