3.2 Feedback and Suggestions

They will not be going back to the old UI as just posted by Sirrian in another thread. This is what we are getting and we are stuck with it

1 Like

I really have no desire to play. They new UI gives me a migraine. There are plenty of other games that don’t.

LISTEN to your playerbase.

5 Likes

I posted this in the poll thread but i’ll put it here as well. I created a forum account to come here and ask Why they did this I’ve noticed like 2 things that are better the rest just makes everything so hard to read.

White lettering on the varying background of the card picture. Bad idea You need a static background color

There is a reason all the colors also have shapes so those of us who are colorblind can still tell the difference. So making the guild wars attack screen tell me what color today is by the color of the words “War 1” is a bad idea. Because now in order to know the color of the day i have to go back to the schedule screen and check.

The Battle button Standard color and highlighted color are to similar i can barely tell them apart. Knowing what you have highlighted is very hard to see.

The team scores and team names in pvp blend right is to the banner backgrounds Again varying background colors bad idea.

The troop screen well i like the edition of the stars on the top to denote card rank. Not being able to read any of the other information without clicking on the card to make it bigger is horrible. Almost all the info is completely unreadable on my 50 inch tv.

Removing the kingdom symbol from the troop cards is odd it’s info i’d like to know but to be honest i could never tell what kingdom symbol was what on the cards anyway. so ehh

The banners now have kingdom names this is good TY

Seeing if a troop can be ascended and/or traited at a glance is much harder now. I use to be able to whip through my troops and notice them at a glance. I can’t do that anymore. Now i have to stop every couple of lines and look harder to see if i can ascend or trait something.

When in a battle the stats again on a varying background can not be read. The Board its self needs a background and a boarder with out it its just so hard on the eyes.

I play this game everyday. I am a level 8 VIP so i’ve spent some money. I like the game but as it sits after the update i just don’t know if i can continue playing. Please Please Please fix this fast and i’f you can’t please roll back the update until you can. Because i fear if this isn’t fixed fast you are going to lose alot of players an that’s bad for everyone.

2 Likes

I had a hard time finding it too, but it is there to the left of News. But it should be easier to find.

1 Like

try to adjust the design of the stats and text like this:
mab_r1mab_r2mab2

Im not an expert or designer and i dont use photoshop. I give you an idea to have , imho, a better look.

I thinks we need in the main window stick it up to , a bar to see all the resources. Similiar to the old UI.
And please throw away the horrible glory icon.
Thanks.

5 Likes

I like the new streamlined look for the most part, but I have a few design issues.

First and most importantly, please please please remove the ‘troop’ icons from the battle screen. People are rightfully calling them ‘medieval restroom signs,’ and I don’t want to contribute any more money to this game if I have to see them every battle. A simple blank void would be much more sleek. The amazing troop art is what is worth focusing on.
a1
These things are even behind Tyri in the treasure hunt.
Also, the hero class is free-floating, and moves down with the way I shape my window. Can it not be anchored nice and tight, up under the level?a2 Also, why is the glory not against the top right wall like the souls and gems are? Looks cluttered.
a3
Also, I am a game completionist, and would love to buy all of the weapons eventually… there would be more incentive to do so if this wierdness wasn’t occuring:
a4
Finally, it would be great if you could have some adjustable opacity for the background of the battle screen. This way people could set it to what works best for their eyes. I would like mine really dark, maybe even totally black. The Troops & Teams section would be better with a darker background as well, as there is so much going on on that screen.

Thank you for your consideration,
-Arcana

6 Likes

Thank you! Can you believe me I actually didn’t see that???

1 Like

As more and more issues get brought up, I have to think: whoever is making the decisions for this game is pushing the boundaries of Hanlon’s Razor to their breaking point.

3 Likes

During battles I often need to get off my chair and go closer from my TV screen to be able to read some bonus stats of troops that are written in green. Thank you devs for this unexpected fitness training even if it probably wont last long because I doubt I will accept to endure this crap Ui many more days. Oh! If it this was not enough, the white shield and heart on each troops are not only ugly but far too aggressive and burn my eyes. Thank you also for that.

That was probably the devs reasoning: “Why keep a beautiful and easy to read troop stats when you can invest time and money for an horrible illegible one?”

Put colours back in the game! Enough with this crap white and black menu in the world map!
THIS IS A FANTASY GAME!!!

7 Likes

I had a quick exchange with Nimhain (Developer). I reported it as a bug the first day because seriously thought they forgot and left a place holder icon by mistake as it looks so odd. I told her the exact same thing, simply leave it blank (like before).

2 Likes

I can believe it only because i think it’s currently in a bad spot. It should be left of the event title instead. That’s the area I am used to looking for it.

I actually laughed out loud when I opened the game and saw the new design. Who in their right mind would look at that and think it’s anything but a huge downgrade? I don’t care too much as I quit playing a couple of months ago, but I have to feel for the true end-game players who have put so much into this game. What a joke.

5 Likes

This new update strains my eyes and is giving me a headache. I cant play more than 5 minutes. It sucks, get rid of this garbage update before you lose a lot of players.

4 Likes

You don’t be getting the old version back as confirmed by Steve Faulkner aka Sirrian

Until a patch comes out to address the various issues, the following are three things I found which might help

1. Turn off the blur in settings.

2. Slow down your rate of play. The new UI and 4x speed is a really bad idea. If necessary, go down to 2x or even 1x speed. Consolation news is that after a while, your eyes tend to adjust. While it is no where as smooth as the original UI, it does get better.

3. For those of us who have played this game for a long long time, the old UI layout has embedded into our sub-conscious so that we get a huge amount of information during play without actively looking for it. The new UI will require us to retrain our eyes to get that information. A good example of this is health and armor. While not as clear as previous UI, it is not for me per se hard to see. I was however missing the info because of the placement. I realized this after losing a GW match which would normally have been an easy match. Because my eyes were so used to where the health and armor info was, the new placement effectively put it into a blind spot for me. As I was blazing through the match at 4x speed, I was not aware I was missing this crucial information and ended up losing the match.

Moving forward, the critical fixes would be the visual interface during matches. If these can be reverted to something which is fairly close to what it was previously, most of the reported problems would probably be resolved. The world map and other resource screens are less critical at this point in time.

One thing that I hope will be brought back are the defense sliders. Going by the lack of postings on the sliders, I think that they were not commonly used by most players. I did a fair experimenting with them and found them to be one of the bright spots in the 3.1 update. Used properly, they allow you to customize your defense team so that it will mirror the way you play. One thing which I was very fond of was the use of the sliders to create non-meta teams which had win rates which were comparable if not better than meta teams which were not using the sliders. This was especially during event weeks like the one we are currently having. I take it that defense sliders got nerfed because those who knew how to use the sliders ended up creating teams which were too tough to be fun for the player population who think they should be winning 99% of their matches. Hopefully once all the current problems get fixed, we will be able to come back and relook the defence sliders.

4 Likes

Or we could just delete the game! There are other games out there that don’t strain your eyes and cause headaches. Retraining my eyes is not an option at this point.

2 Likes

Have you all address the sickness issue that this game is causing now? This is a very serious issue that needs to addressed ASAP. I am 1 of those people

2 Likes

Sorry the blur does not save on my x box 1

Not sure how it works on Xbox. I am playing on Andriod mobile and there is a blur option in the settings. Found the graphics better for me when it is off.

why would you ever want this?lmao btw you know your not forced to play 4x um 1x 2x etc are options in the settings since speed came out xD