3.2 Feedback and Suggestions

And that’s another mayor screw up. That means this entire mess could’ve been avoided if they’d just used the beta testers to do what they are beta testers for… :frowning:

But I expect all the comments in this topic won’t matter to the devs. We’re just a small minority of the player base and as long as the bottom line (i.e. income from player purchases) doesn’t drop, the devs will probably just think that their update is awesome and that they can just ignore the comments on the forums…

6 Likes

Well, if we look back to the patch before this one I understand this decision.
Beta testers too busy “testing” the new x4 speed option on live servers and another buggy patch.

My thoughts on that (copy/pasta):

In the past, issues we’ve found (such as the change to the filter UI everyone disliked) have not been addressed despite being found in beta. Not to mention that it’s more of a PTR-style test environment, and not at all the same as real testing. You don’t get good testing for free.

6 Likes

Lyya could you add light blue bar line with notification over the boards. Many comes here to the boards without have an idea that a fix for font and background while playing has been sent out and might arrive early next week. Such light blue notification bar so ppl can clearly see it, would spare you and ur team for some work.

That’s a good idea, though I defer to @Saltypatra and @Ozball on matters like official announcements. My purpose is to keep conversations moving smoothly.

2 Likes

after battle rewards poping one by one. We already know what we win exept trait stone. i suggest two pops

The only feedback I have at this point is this:

• Ask your player base before releasing things.
  • Let some of us test everything properly.
  • Do not try fixing things which are not broken.
  • And most importantly of all. Actually listen to us. I cannot stress this enough.
5 Likes

The buttons on the world map have turned really ugly - they just don’t fit into this game. And one could believe, the original programmer for graphics has left the crew. Is it so ? I also don’t like the new troop card look.
What I like, is the way how the treasures are presented, when you use the keys. And it’s nice, how more info windows pop up when you move over the troop cards, believing the presentation of objects got better all in all.

3 Likes

Increase the “rarity” of the Guild wars score by a level so it pops up at the end of the rewards screen.

I made an account just to chime in - the new UI is terrible.

Your game is GREAT - one of the best F2P games I’ve ever played. The devs really dropped the ball on the UI though.

It feels like the game is a pet-project and a single developer just decided to start reworking the UI without any oversight, feedback, or testing.

There’s a ton of great feedback in this thread, please listen to it.

Thanks!

5 Likes

I don’t have much to add to what you have said, but I just wanted to lend my support that someone else feels the same way you do. You really described everything very well.

This game had flavor, it had a unique spirit and feel. Please please patch in the ability to allow us to go back to the original UI, including the card styles and the main board look.

This is a business for you guys right? Bottom line? This is going to hurt the bottom line. When I have to create a forum account and come here instead of in game, there’s a problem.

This was one of the best games ever and it could be played for so long with so much enjoyment. You really had a good balance of fun and looks and nothing off-putting.

Please don’t throw it all away. There is no way that I could show this game to someone now and introduce them to it, it looks embarrassingly horrendous and you need to know that.

12 Likes

They just need to go back to the old theme. I have guild members actually deleting the game. I have put a lot of real money into GOW To just quit. I’m Hoping this new update is temporary & they just bring the older look back I feel this new theme will cause a seizure. The last update was bad enough to slow me paying my hard earned money…This new update was just to much…please fix this back. I don’t complain about troops But this new theme is atrocious my platform is the Xbox One

4 Likes

I am not sure if this has been reported but in guild war the ‘Fight’ button in the attack page is in the same position as the ‘To battle’ button on the pre fight page. On my first battle I pressed on the fight button then it switched so quickly I accidentally pressed on the ‘to battle’ button without being able to change teams.

There might be people saying this is my fault, but this is basic UI usability. I won’t be the first person or the last to do this.

This is on Android tablet.

2 Likes

Just a congratulatory message to the devs for completely ruining one of the best f2p games.

People who have invested over a years worth of time and effort daily into your game are now quitting due to your terrible new interface - I run a 30-player guild on PS4 and i am losing members as each day passes! There was nothing wrong with the old style and so why did it require changing? I have not spoken to a single person who see’s this as any sort of improvement and all it has done is make your game completely unplayable and no longer fun. I would list some form of constructive feedback but the its the whole interface that is the problem. This is not fair for all the time, effort and money people have invested. it is a real kick in the balls. Please resort back to the old style before your player base completely falls off the cliff.

5 Likes

@hatchet
Welcome to the forums! I’m not going to commiserate over the poor direction they have moved the Gems interface in. There are thousands of posts here to read. I share your sentiment.

However, there is a patch that should release next week. In the interim you might want to relax/eliminate almost all your Guild requirements until then.

Thank you so much, it means a lot to me that someone personally addressed me to tell me they feel the same.

As it has now been announced that just some things will be fixed (readability, background of the board will be solid again), but the old UI will not come back, I personally will quit. From what I have understood - I’m not a native English speaker - the soulforge and dungeon layouts were actually a “sneak preview” of the new UI. I did wonder about the weirdly different buttons in the soulforge, but never thought much about them. But all of that just shows that there really is no way back for us. They will not give us the old UI back. I have told my guild leader already that I will do my GW duty this week but to kick me next one as I don’t play more than that and obviously cannot meet gold/trophy requirements anymore.

It’s not just readability. I switched to a non-healing/barrier hit-all-enemy deck, meaning I don’t have to worry about regaining armor or life anymore and if it’s gone it’s gone. That way I can live without numbers. But it’s just not fun. I find the transparent background far less horrible than the sidescrolling rewards, to be honest - I get nausea from the auto-scrolling - but the different troop design just made me stop caring for them. I cannot phrase it in a better way. I literally don’t care anymore if I win or lose, if my troops fall or not, if they are traited or not. It’s like with the new sci-fi design they lost all their personality and charm for me. I used to care so much especially for some we got to know through the storylines (and mourned that we couldn’t replay those) and now I don’t even care about these guys anymore. It’s like some random sci-fi game now where you have some warships all looking the same.

I treated this game much like an RPG, where you get to know and love your characters/troops and I got immensely attached to some of them (and played, according to steam, 321 hours in a bit under three months because I wanted some of the troops I liked the most so badly, but they never dropped for me, sadly). Now it all feels so soulless. Might as well replace them with a generic card deck and put a picture of the three of clubs instead of my fav troop in there, I couldn’t care less. Feels weird to suddenly have nothing to do with my free time anymore right now…

I still hope for a miracle… but I doubt it will occur. They had started the new UI with the soulforge, they will not give up on it. No matter how long we scream for the old one. And let’s be serious: Most people will grumble but stay until they have simply adjusted. Some will quit, but new ones will come. The game will not fail because of this. The devs know that and will, because of this, just sit it out. I’m pretty sure that as soon as readability and board backgrounds are fixed, most people will stop complaining and that will be the end of the story… sadly.

15 Likes

The font/text readability is far from the only readability issue the game now has.

The new borderless card design was supposed to make troop art more visible, right?
Yeah, no…

Also what are those pieces of concrete with a tiny color dots in the middle?
20171020010417_1
The important info here is the color of a traitstone and it is the SMALLEST part of the icon.

These gradients are making me nauseous and prevent me from reading colors easily.
20171020010901_1

Btw I know how souls, trophies, diamonds, or gold coins look like. The important info is the NUMBER OF THINGS that you get after a battle so this is yet another readability fail.

Plus as ppl have already mentioned the horizontal scrolling needs to go, like, yesterday.

But these things are not as important as the overall look of the new UI. It killed the fantasy spirit and no matter how much you tweak it still will be awful.

The game hurts my eyes and gives me motion sickness after just one battle and tbh I’m thinking of quitting. Yet I’m a GM of an awesome guild and that’s THE ONLY THING that’s still keeping me around.

28 Likes

Some of my suggestions:

-Try to implement the option to go to the old style. Seeing how you updated only half of the game, it should be possible. The old style was fitting very well with the game setting. Everything was visible and it was well suited for people that don’t have 20/20 vision. Now it’s a problem even if you do have 20/20 vision. When everything was cartoonish, it was consistent. Now the game looks like a half decomposed Frankenstein’s monster, with different styles of fonts, icons, colors and everything else.

-Make the filters actually filter cards by the colors I choose. If I choose for example red and blue, I want to see only cards that are red + blue, not all the cards that have red OR blue in them. What kind of filter is that? if you can’t do that, then …

-… add the option to filter by arcane traitstones

-When crafting, make the option to click on individual traits and see the requirements. It’s ridiculus that I can’t see that in game, and instead I have to exit the game and go to the GoW database.

-New star level design is… well, bad. I suggest using only one star with the number in it or the number in the shield with the star next to it.

-Remove the chat icon from the middle of the screen to the side, maybe under other icons. And it’s too big. I am not in the game to chat, but to play. Who wants to use the chat, it will still be there. And FFS, give me the option to remove " so and so ascended peasant to mythic". I have absolutely no interest in that information. Actually, it’s the only reason why I have the chat disconnected.

-Resource icons take too much space in the upper right corner, with glory wings being placed closer to the middle of the screen. Money icon and numbers is bigger than other icons. Some icons are cartoonish and colorful, some are black and white and money icon is quasi-3D? WTF is that??? Make all of them one style and same size and in one row. I suggest not trying to invent hot water, but to actually copy how it is done from games that got it right.
For example: Screenshot_2

-Fonts should be visible at any point in time. Make them bold and put some background so that they don’t blend with whatever is under. Or a stroke that would make them at least a bit more discernable from the background.

-You should bring back the counter for green jewels in events. I was trying to see today how many do I need until next reward and couldn’t find it.

-Let us stay in explore menu after the battle. Having to select the same things over and over again like it is now is just annoying.

-The ascendancy level color is what, two thin stripes? Make them larger and clearly visible. Today I had a match where at first I didn’t even realize that the opposing team had mythic cards.

This is off the top of my head. I am sure there will be more.

5 Likes

Same here.

8 Likes

The game has progressively getting worse and worse with every update in the last months. It’s like there was a plan to ruin the game completly on purpose, it’s hard to think those were choice made by professional with the goal of making an improvement. I don’t even see the point in giving feedback at this point: it not something that need fixes, it needs a complete rework or a major rollback of a couple of month.
I don’t understand how someone could think it would be a good idea to completly change the game without testing or even a preemptive survey. A lot of work done for nothing.
And now the desktop version is stuck with an unintuitive and uninspired mobile ui.

9 Likes