3.2 Feedback and Suggestions

Absolutely spot on bill, it’s pure retardation of the highest order.

I know it’s been said above but cannot find the post.

Create a fucking QA workflow. This is basic for every software and specially for major updates. You don’t even need to invest money, just open a closed beta and allow a certain amount of people to join - IE 1000 players, with a minimum of 50 hours into the game. I’m sure you would have the volunteers. Make it only visible on forums, as it’s the place the players that actually care a little will come to discuss the game.

A single week (or even weekend) to test this mess would have give you a better release with:

• No Elspeth/blackbeast/priest bugs. Anyone would have notice
  • Feedback about the UI and it’s usability.
  • Better ideas that can match or deliver a better update, for individual troops or game mechanics. The “nerfs” to Wisp and 4-5 passive traits activation looks as the decision of only one person. Where one think is right, maybe other can suggest something better or simply agree.

I know the game is free but you’re making money of it. That means that you can spend resources more than your time to make it better and, at the end, get more profit with a more polished game.

Until now I believed this is one of the best communities for a F2P game. Full of feedback, ideas and positive attitude. From where it comes? From a game we loved. FFS use it in your advantage unless you just want to make it a moneysink with no personality and definitely random decisions.

11 Likes

Feedback: This update SUCKS. I thought I was playing a video game, not working on Windows 98 Software from an IBM computer.

Ideas: How about you leave well enough alone and stop screwing up your game with your lame updates and patches? I think the majority of your most loyal players were completely content with what you had BEFORE this latest ‘visual update’.

Suggestions: Rollback this most recent update and give us back the visuals you had before. What you have now looks like complete garbage. Also, with this update, it makes it next to impossible to read a lot of text on the cards. Small WHITE font on a pictured background? Who came up with this crap? Colorblind trolls?

In all seriousness though, I do have to hand it to you 505 games. Congratulations in taking your prized jewel and flushing it down the toilet. Keep this up and you’ll be competing with 2K for ‘the crappiest video game developer’ award in no time!

9 Likes

I can appreciate the fact that the developers worked hard on the kingdom and troop art and want to show it off. But changing the look of the cards and battle screen probably not the best idea.

They should implement a gallery mode where we can view troop and kingdom art in fullscreen with zoom. Even include sound test to hear all the roars and stuff.

That would be awesome!

2 Likes

Bonkers, innit. I had hoped that this update would, amongst other things, tweak and improve some of the more bizarre functionality on console. It has, if anything, made it considerably worse! I suppose, thats my main gripe; I can cope with the aneurism inducing design, the fact that it looks half finished etc - but to regress, this far on usability is just mind bending!

I defy anyone to filter Undead & Necromancy (on console) - and tell me that the system works

1 Like

Hello devs. The troop art is beautiful!! Is it possible to make ‘barrier’ glow a little brighter? Thank you.

1 Like

can we get refund to all troops affected by the gem matching traits will only trigger once per board match calculation? some are not worth using now. i rather use the traitstones on other troops.

2 Likes

On my 27 inch PC screen the following is barely readable. On my 8 inch tablet it’s not:

gw2

gw7 gw3 gw6

gw5

5 Likes

UGLY ! AMATEURISH !

Was this shit tested before release ? ROLLBACK ! FAST !
And don’t tell us that it’s impossible to do.

6 Likes

Bring back a sensible compact rewards screen, especially for chest opening summary one.

it must all fit in one screen. dont force ppl to scroll to get to the most important info, right after they already clicked “Skip”

10 Likes

I don’t notmally complain but this update actually hurts my eyes as others have said before

The new Traitstones looks terrible ( it was bad enough trying to figure out what Traitstone I need by working out the dots, but this makes it much worse ) !!

Also the vitriol that some have said on chat Is just astounding

4 Likes

It seems like the Kingdom hourly Emissaries have been nerfed, i use to get 5-6,000 gold from 10 kingdoms now i get 5-600 gold from 10 kingdoms. Anyone else have this problem? If any Devs could shine some light on this that would be great

1 Like

Funny, as much hate as the current UI is getting, I think the old UI looks even older. Maybe Win95? It’s honestly always struck me as a bad, dated UI. Definitely looks like old school “programmer art”.

Not saying I like the new UI, mind you, but I think there was a good case to be made that the old UI looked very dated and the idea of updating it was good in theory.

1 Like

‘Is there some boss you are answering to…’ - Well, Sirrian said in Twitch stream (when introducing this update) about the outlook that “it’s the feedback from (head?) Apple, Google and Microsoft that it looks easier for new players”. A silent take over from people from high places that certainly dont play this game.

1 Like

It’s a visual bug, it doesn’t show the rewards from random kingdoms, but we get all of them. The devs promise to fix it with the next update.

1 Like

The new UI looks like it was designed by me. It sounds like a praise but it’s not.

The icons are in different sizes, styles and placed randomly or wherever it was more convenient without sparing more than 5 seconds of thought. The numbers and texts are sometimes cropped, sometimes going out of the boundaries and of course hard to read.

I don’t mind the new style even if it suits space exploration game better, but I think you need to hire an actual designer to help you with this. Even though the nephew of the boss has done a lot of work, now go and get a professional to finish it.

7 Likes

+1 for not liking the new Stun and new Silenced icons. Too easy to miss, even more if a troop has many effects (play with Dragonette, you’ll see. Or rather not see :p)

5 Likes

And Barrier . It’s barely visible.

6 Likes

I agree with the first two (especially the second one, but they don’t have quality control, so the better suggestion would probably be to finally (after 3 years) hire someone independent (without bias and creative input invested in the game) to do QC). But I am not sure about the last one. I think the beta testers are hardly listened to. I don’t know if they even had access to this patch. I can’t imagine many of the beta testers actually giving positive feedback on the AI back to the devs…

1 Like

You are correct in that no build of 3.2 was ever released to beta.

6 Likes