3.2 Feedback and Suggestions

I really dislike the new UI. The overall look has lost a lot of it’s charm. When I logged in this morning I actually thought it was bugged and stuck on minimum graphics.

I opened about 350 gold keys but when I finished the chunk of 50, having skipped to see the summary, I had to scroll to slide left to right. It’s awkward.

I also did a few of my treasure maps and found you have to click the “?” icon to see how many maps I have left. I liked it before where we could click to start then have a second screen tell us how many before we choose to do one or not.

The gem board also seems tiny. I wish I had a picture of the old one now so I can compare. The graphics also seem to have lost their punch and have a slight blur to them.

Am I holding out faint hope of the possibility of going back to the old UI by the poll suggesting it?

Everything’s just more cumbersome and clunky now. Even our Hero screens no longer indicate our home kingdom.

6 Likes

Yes, please!

5 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. I am having a hard time with my old eyes and that game board background.

1 Like

I agree wholeheartedly. This is supposed to be a fantasy adventure game. I loved pulling new troops cards, and now they don’t have the same oomph to them. The whole UI does nothing to support the fantasy theme, and it’s a major setback.

5 Likes

The reason you haven’t seen it mentioned is because you can still do that.

Woah. Thanks! It also means scrollbar is near invisible :slight_smile:

the new UI basicly stops me from playing right now, please revert the changes or atleast bring a option to switch between new/old UI.

overall i like the game, but in my opiinion the new style is ugly and dont fit the game theme.
and the shadows on the world map are useless. overall the world map is too dark now

3 Likes

I remember when I first downloaded this game about 2yrs ago, it was like puzzle quest on crack. I purchased everything, and played everyday. I couldn’t believe that this game existed… Now, I can barely stand playing for 10 min. Gems nerfed, legendary tasks nerfed, and now this UI…Was it bring your kid to work day at 505?

9 Likes

One day in. I did the bare minimum today - I’ll see if Friday or Monday bring the old UI back and if not, that’s been it for me. Just GW and Dungeon today. Learned a bit more from that:

• Stun is apparently now signified by three small red crosses. Just another slap in the face of people with red-green-vision problems.

• I’m honestly getting almost some motion sickness problems by the sidescrolling rewards. Also it’s absolutely horrid to open 50 chests and have no clear, quick overview of things anymore. All the sidescrolling everywhere is honestly annoying.

So yes, for me I have come to the realization that a mere readability fix will not solve this. Even if the font issues are corrected and the gemboard background goes solid (I expect these changes will happen), I will quit. I have understanding that the devs want to ‘modernize’ the game, but this is not GoW for me anymore. I don’t have fun anymore. The things I did today held no joy, not just because of my vision issues but because the game is just lifeless now. Might as well not list the troop art anymore at all, it’s all so sci-fi and cold now that I can’t even find myself caring about what came out of the chest anymore. This is not my beloved game anymore. For me, it’s honestly old UI or quitting.

I might only play this game since three months, but made it to level 755, which should show that I played a lot. I had actually saved up some money because I wanted to buy the Deathknight armor and whatever else to get to VIP 5 for the chests next month (so far I’m VIP 3, which might not be much, but I usually test games for a few weeks before investing to see if I will stay with them). So at least, I guess I can be glad that I will save a lot of money I would otherwise have deeply regretted spending.

I don’t expect the old UI to come back. There is no way the devs will do that, it would mean admitting a super-huge mistake and shoving money down the drain. I expect adjustments to the new one, but no old UI. And so I guess all I can say is thanks for making a few months of my life honestly better - the game (and the awesome community) helped getting me out of bed after a heavy surgery. But unless the old UI back in a few days, it’s goodbye from me. Funny how my plans yesterday morning were so different, haha.

14 Likes

Treasure Hunt is a freaking nightmare on the transparent board. Gold bags look like blue coins against the sky at the top. Blue coins look like gold bags at the bottom. I can’t focus on a damn thing.

Started getting a nasty headache on my first TH game, and suicided all my moves just to finish it. I have never done that before.

2 Likes

Count me in for the group that dislike the new GUI. Mostly because it left the fantasy motif and entered Sci-Fi. If it were just the visuals, they could be tweaked and fiddled with until all the text is easily visible on all screen sizes. But unless there’s a major overhaul to all troop art, as well as the map and backgrounds, it’s my opinion that there’s a major clash between them and the minimalist card boarders and stat values. It doesn’t go with many of the quest story lines as well.

I want to re-emphasis a point I’ve seen others make here, the lighthearted fantasy feels replaced with an edgy space campaign. There are dozens of match 3 games, and while I really liked the CCG mechanics of this one, I also picked GoW because of the theme. If you could shift back towards that it might quell some of the alienation long time players are feeling.

To mention one detail, as a mobile player I like the new troop sort features. However, if I’m trying to find my level one troops I have to sort by level and then swipe seemingly forever to get to them. Removing the scroll option really hurts mobile IMO.

Good luck Devs. We’re all rooting for you.

3 Likes

See, I’m relatively OK with the minimalist new UI. The problem is the transparency behind everything, coupled with a thin white font that doesn’t have any sort of border. Figuring out what things say is suddenly much more difficult, ranging up to completely impossible (team power on a Glacial Peaks home kingdom for example).

If the devs just fixed the damn readability issues I’d be much more receptive to the stylistic changes. But man, as it stands now… I’ll do my 5 Guild Wars matches per day and that’s it. By then I have one of those sick-feeling headaches from too much eye strain.

1 Like

I miss being able to see my Arena troops I’ve already chosen while I’m choosing the next one (make sure I’m not blocking colors, selecting the right mana generator, etc.). I don’t want to have to memorize or write down my arena troops in order to build a decent team.

2 Likes

At the very least can we please have a check box option as to which UI we want to use Old or New that way for us who are having issues we can continue to play the game we love in a manner that doesn’t cause eyestrain to the point of headaches and sometimes worse.

3 Likes

Gems is Epic, dont make it look “Mini”. Graphic downgrade Fail. Hurts to play. The Symbol for killed Units looks like a Knight Restaurant Sign. Make it a Tombstone with RIP on it or a Skull. Everything looks Liveless now and boring. I dont pay for this Update, Sorry. VIP Level Ten, Player Level 1200++, i stop spending any Money on this Mess.

5 Likes

Erm…

Test before release?

9 Likes

My advice
Fire the Genius who brought this brilliant idea on Monday morning meeting!!!

Come on 505 Games! Did the community ask you to do these changes? Certainly not! Even less something like that!
So why not going fishing or watching videos on YouTube during your workhours instead of ruining a game?

Changing for changing doesn’t make any sense. In my opinion any modification should lead to an improvement. Here it gets worst…

Still time to revert it back!

4 Likes

We’re all broken hearted now. Lol

I am understanding you did a lot of work on a new UI, and are not wanting to undo all that or make it a waste. But please, please, please make optional. Give us a switch we can use, to change between old or new look. Because some of us play this on phones, or smaller screen, and we cannot see how many star a kingdom supposed to have, and really hard to tell in battle, which numbers mean what, so hard to keep an eye on how we are doing in battle. Plus, like many people mention, it really is bad for eyestrain, headaches.

With every update lately, it feels more like a totally different game, less like the one we loved from the start. You pushed on us a new AI, nerfed gems, say collusion OK in Guild Wars, but we have no choice but suck it up or leave. It also feel like the bugs are getting more and more outrageous that you introduce each time, and honestly some of the fixes feel like a bad joke. It is hard to have such confidence that you are trying hard with this game.

Lately, it is so hard to be enthusiastic to play…I have been sticking around not to let down my guild, but also genuinely hoping you will start to see the game has lost a lot of its fun and charm, and start going back in a positive direction. You know, it is not shameful to say, OK, we made some mistakes…we try another tactic here. You could maybe roll back to an earlier version, and then try to rework these changes in a more stable and fun way, before rolling out again.

6 Likes

I think they do not want players to play for 8 hours a day. They cannot decide if they want to slow game down or speed it up. They have tried both multiple times so in their indecision they just said heck I will just make it unplayable…mission accomplished people are quitting game.

3 Likes