3.2 Feedback and Suggestions

Why not ask players what they prefer and count votes ? As many people here, I think the new design is horrible and could make me stop the game.

2 Likes

If the majority do not like the new UI then it should be downpatched and that’s it , a vote would be even better

4 Likes

I wasn’t taking talking about scrapping it just making a few changes like with crafting if they listened to their beta testers they could have changed the % chance of diamonds before the update came out instead of waiting for complaints and changing it a week later. In this case if they listened to beta testers they could have told the devs the board is hurting their eyes and they could have changed it before it was released.

I am sorry but me and my wife (who love this game) will no longer be playing if you keep this new UI. Our eyes hurt, literally, it’s not enchanting and relaxing anymore.

We’re 39 y.o with a solid economy and play this game every day together (and pay for stuff every once in a while) but this turned a brilliant end-of-the-day-cozing-in-the-sofa fantasy game into a busy, stressed out blip-blop sci-fi-ish game.

No thanks. Change back or we quit playing.

17 Likes

You know the expression “you need to suffer to be beautiful”? I guess we got the most beautiful community right now lol

3 Likes

Are the changes to Guild War scoring already in effect? Specifically the bonuses for unique troop defenses?

It will start next week

There was many other things they could have spent the time on. I don’t recall the UI being something people were getting frustrated about. All the many other bugs, sure.

4 Likes

Some more Feedback after many games:

1- I end up losing troops a lot more because i am “surprised” they were so close to death. Meaning: unless you pay very close attention, it’s easy to lose track of your troop’s life, because it’s so blend. We need a big Heart with the life total in it!

2- Ah, the Kraken.
I decided to test this new Kraken fix by going against the usual team (Troll- Kraken x 2 - Mab) without my specific Anti-Kraken team.
And we still die in a terrible way.
There is a difference.
Instead of troll casting and then your entire team suffers 50 damage and is frozen, what happens is:
Troll cast, team suffers 6 dmg. Then some cascade for another 6, and another 6. Then the AI collect the remaining matches, maybe 2 or 3 more, for another 12 to 18 damage. By then 75 to 100% of your team is frozen.
Then he cast his first Kraken which is now filled. Last 2 troop suffer damage, then the blue matches for 6 dmg, then the AI makes 1-2 matches for 6+6 dmg, then the other Kraken casts, etc etc etc.

It’s still a Kraken loop of doom because you put an AOE damage on a trait, and it stacks with other Krakens.

The only change is we get rolled in 20 seconds instead of 3.

8 Likes

Hi guys!
I do not understand the reason for so many visual changes?
The game is very ugly. Very ugly.
It’s very unmotivating.
Nothing matches. The fonts, the new icons, the letters. Everything is ugly.

You urgently need to hire a designer.
It’s my favorite pastime, this game. But after that, I do not know if I can keep playing.
Good thing I’m not the only one who did not like it all.

6 Likes

As a UI/UX person myself, THANK YOU for making this post already! I was coming back to do a similar breakdown today when I have a bit more time, but you have already basically covered everything. Thank you for the time it took to deconstruct and formulate this. I really hope they listen.

X-Posting for less typing

4 Likes

I completely agree with you Bolatsi! The art style is one of the main reasons I play this game so much, it’s my happy place! This new “slick” UI is just so soulless and doesn’t celebrate the art at all.

10 Likes

Every major issue has already been discussed here. But I do want to chip in and say that I agree with others’ comments about visual style not matching and how confusing most screens are.

The worst part for me, though, is that the game now hurts my eyes. I love playing Gems of War (I have been playing it for almost 2 years daily) and I simply cannot play it now. I don’t know how an update could have been any worse than that.

2 Likes

OMG… Love this (if it is what I think it is … win/loss of GW-Defense)gw_def

4 Likes

Can’t do dungeons. Fight button does nothing, images won’t load. Great…

Not even going to start about everything else.

Whenever I finish a match, the game hangs, and I just see my name and character in the top left corner. I cannot finish any matches.

I shouldn’t need bifocals to play on my mobile phone.

Where is the progress bar on our kingdoms to see how far away we are getting to the next star?

Why aren’t my images loading?

Why wasn’t this tested by your fan base before implementing this? You need players to test, to help get rid of biased opinions.

I have an S8, the game shouldn’t be laggy when I scroll right to see my rewards.

Why is the UI a mix of the old and new?

It seriously feels like you rushed this out, consequences be damned.

You guys and gals need to go in game and read what people are saying, opposed to just reading complaints here. I absolutely guarantee you, you’re losing a large percentage of fan base on this repugnant update. Keep in mind, for every voice that takes the time to give you criticism, there are several more unsatisfied that won’t say anything, they’ll just stop playing.

1 Like

Absolutely, I’ve been on most of the day (PS4) and reading global, I think I’ve seen three maybe 4 people say they like it in nearly 10 hours. The rest are disgusted.

Dark days.

6 Likes