3.2.5 Feedback and suggestions

DAMAGE TEXT AT TROOPS - IS BLACK!!!
UNREADABLE!

pls, mb u should TEST patches with Testers, not with cats and dogs?
how it possible to provite production server with BLACK TEXT at units?
set it white with black outline or smth

2 Likes

I was wondering why it wasn’t permanent to begin with (at 50%). If it’s half the Deathknight armor, make it half the price and let us keep it. As for the stuff that comes with it, that can be adjusted as well.

Basically, what I’m saying is, the Ring of Wonder should be like a mini Deathknight armor. For about $25, you get the armor and a couple of keys (or gold or souls or whatever), you can equip to your hero like armor and BAM, you’re up 50%.

I wouldn’t even mind it perma stacking with things like Deathknight armor. If you want to pay $75 for both, you definitely should get to keep both and use them at the same time.

Edit 1: And I say this as someone who currently owns neither. So, I’m not just saying this to benefit myself. I honestly feel it should be permanent and those willing to pay $75 (which is a good sum of money) should be able to keep and use both the Deathknight armor and Ring of Wonder at the same time.

I say, leave the monthly subscriptions to things like Path of Glory. If you buy the armor, you get to keep the armor, the Ring should be the same deal. Make a proper $25 bundle for it and let us keep it.

Edit 1: Now, I will say if you want to give us more things like Path of Glory (a day to day subscription service with neat stuff given everyday), great. But, if the armors are permanent, the Ring should be too and fairly priced.

That’s my opinion on it. Hopefully, others agree with me.

2 Likes

I think the new UI is the best until now. Yes, a little flashing during the battles, but nothing too bad. Plus the particle effect is very cool. A lot of work has been done, and mostly good, this should be considered and appreciated, IMHO.

3 Likes
  1. Battles are unplayable, too much flashes, it is now like childy game
  2. New mana symbols are AWFUL, earth looks like piece of s… it is like painted in MS PAINT
  3. No 1 key chests, gold is now right to glory keys

After 500 hours I’m stopping playing by now. It is disgusting, insulting and UGLY.

2 Likes

So anybody like this stars wars update? Who need 3D glasses when you can play GOW?

4 Likes

I like the update)) including the flashing and new status effects. frozen is not quite well visible, but in general I like new animation. there are some things to improve:

1. the names of the kingdoms and the stars are totally unreadable

pesonally I don’t care about it, but it is important for new players

1. tasks menu doesn’t show amount of gold donated or left to donate, only percentage, which is not informative. this is really inconvinient

2. reward tab after pvp battle still requires side scrolling which is inconvinient. I need to make more moves every time I want to see the gold earned from a battle

3. button “continue” in pvp defence wins/ losses window overlaps with button “skip” in ranked pvp which may cause its accidental hit

4. this annoying pvp score screen is still here. I dream about it being removed some day))

I liked the old design a lot, it reminded me epic Puzzle Quest, but anyways complete new UI is much better than half old + half new which we observed lately

P.S. I run Infernus in my regular pvp team, and I consider watching 'em all burn to be really fun :grin:

3 Likes

That task menu is horrible. I usually check it, see how much is needed, and then go get the gold. Now I have to do math to figure out percentages. :confused:

6 Likes

Wow I totally didn’t know this one. That’s atrocious.

I was coming here to point out that the donation box for legendary tasks blocks out the amount completed already. Similar issue, as it turns out.

Can’t even see how far the blue progress bar goes.

6 Likes

more RNG in our lives :grin:

I’m glad the Renaissance bathroom signs are gone after troop death.

1 Like

PLEASE for the love of Khorvash can you note the comments on Guild tasks. The percentage thing is so user unfriendly it’s untrue. Surely that’s a simple enough fix?

5 Likes

The only things I have found positive about this patch are the ones that bring back some previous ideas (vertical rewards, proper screen aspect ratio). Rest is just an eye / ui garbage.

Congratulations dev team - you have finally made me quit your game.

2 Likes

With all these updates with new UI, all we can do is bet on how many members will leave the guild and stop playing.
All the translation bugs we alerted the devs since months are all still here! Now I cant even open just 1 single chest if I want to. Troop filter still a total crap despite the very nice addition of selecting 2 or more mana colors. I want to select Zulkari kingdom? You would think in 2017, that devs would understand the concept of just pressing UP to go directly from A to Z, but no! Too complex probably… Lets scan ALL kingdoms list.
About the new UI look, I already wrote enough about that mess (with often bad language, my apologizes). But as I’m a man who love to understand things, I would be very happy if a dev could explain me how changing everything in black, white and grey is improving a Fantasy game?!?

Here my advice: in next update put the world map in black and white and also the Gems of war title screen still have some colours…so put it in black and white as well.

One thing is certain, you all at IP2 should thank the guy who had the idea of the guild concept because without it, many people would be long gone from this game.

2 Likes

My only request has been mentioned at least 2 dozen times here - A setting to turn off the animations. WAY TOO MUCH

TOO TOO MUCH… I’ve actually stopped watching (which slows me down now even more) to wait until all the hooopla fireworks is over

2 Likes

Not much attention has been given to the persisting text visibility issues yet, so I’ll go ahead and mention a few:

Adding a partial shadow backdrop still does not make text readable in all areas. This an an example. Please consider, again, just bordering the text in areas where it is applicable.

The grey numbers are pretty hard to see in most areas. Consider at least a lighter shade here. And border where applicable.

image image image
Thank you for finally shadowing at least the right side of the text for the mana numbers. This is an improvement over the last version, but it is still really hard on the eyes. Please consider putting a full border around the text.

Other text, like troop type, continues to go unbordered and unshadowed, tiny and almost unreadable with certain color borders:
Consider dynamic coloring for the text if you have to have it remain a solid color (black on light background, white on dark backgrounds). If not, please border the text!

Names on the map occasionally bleed out of the field they are given for contrast so they can be read consistently, which honestly doesn’t contrast enough… you get the picture.

Also, this menu really should be called in a static location and not a relative one:

Then there are a bunch of other issues that I’ll attempt to recall offhand, many of which has already been mentioned (tossing aside subjective complaints for now):

• occasionally switching tabs in a menu (eg., mail) will play the “cursor” sound twice
  • back button location is still not consistently in the same place to exit some menus (sometimes upper left corner, sometimes kind of in the upper left area, sometimes in the upper right of that specific screen, sometimes in the lower middle)
  • reward screens are inconsistent (can click “outside” some, others don’t have an “outside”, some still have horizontal scrolling, some must be dismissed by a big button lower center)
  • 200 chest option is great for Gold and Glory keys, but having Event Keys be openable 200 at a time without even a confirmation dialog is inviting mistakes to happen. Many people would be devastated if a misclick cost them 200 event keys, considering how long they take to build up a supply of, and how useless they are if you use them at the wrong time. The ability to need to open 200 Gem Keys at a time is debatable as a necessity, since you generally need mass quantities for their primary usage of mythic hunting but most players would still be semi-conservative.
  • We need the ability to open gem and event keys one at a time back, regardless of our stock.
  • animations (statuses, flashy particles, etc) need to be able to be individually disabled or put on minimal mode because they are overwhelm the play area and make it difficult to get the relevant information
  • when deciding to donate to a guild task, the percentage complete of a task is less useful information than how much gold it has/needs specifically. Please consider putting numbers back. And also having these numbers be actually visible when the donation menu is open.
8 Likes

Give an option to turn off the new bright status effects it hurts my eyes

1 Like

Can you follow the steps in this article:

I am not accusing your device, but it’s good to rule out device problems to be sure. I say this because the new particle/animation/status effects and UI should be making the game FASTER because A) Flat vectors B) Smaller files, etc. What specifically is slow? The overall gameplay? In a match only?

Remove the daily task of using 1 & 3 gem keys or put back the option of using 1 key at a time. I don’t want to be punished for having to waste 9 keys just for the sake of 5 gems.

2 Likes

@Nephilim is there no visual indicator of your kingdom power anymore with out actually clicking on the kingdom and going to the power tab and reviewing your “next power level” ? I’m on a 12’ 4k display and I can’t see anything like the old “blue bars” we used to have on the kingdom names…?

Maybe the 1/2 circle with the stars in it could be highlighted in yellow something else highly visible as a visual indicator for the power to replace the “blue bar” we were used to in the good ole’ days :thinking:

2 Likes

I won’t say again what have been said on that unnecessary animation and the lack of “disabled” button. But today, in 8 fights (dungeon + GW) i got an eyestrain, thing that never happened to me on GoW. I have like a big dot in my left eyes, constantly, since 1 hour and still.

Last game that make me the same was Marvel PuzzleQuest, that should recall something to some devs and players. The animation on cast was so flashy and blinky that people complain of strain, epilepsy fear and so on. And devs absolutely don’t care about it, because they prefer to keep their “artistic work” and I left by beloved game because of this.

A big portion of the players want this animations removed, or removable. that’s a fact. And they have many respectful reasons for that. And some others have reason on the top of that.

This is not because it’s unnecessary
This is not because it’s awful
This is not because it make the troop stats totally unreadable
This is not because it’s hard to relate what animation means what
This is not because it drains battery on mobile while people already complain of battery drain and devs don’t care of it and go the opposite.

This is because it hurts. In the true sense of the word, not a parabole. My eye hurts, it’s medical, end of the story. And i won’t lose a percentile of my vision for a game. And moreover when the animation is not a bonus or something that give a positive aspect on the game.

If devs need an explanation of what players are complaining, I advice them to watch this.gif during 2 min, every hour, every day.

I just hope that those flashy things are only for the Christmas period and will go after…

15 Likes