3.1 Game Crashing - Information Gathering

I switched my graphics to the lowest quality and my animation speed back to 1X and haven’t crashed since I did that.

1 Like

Does the game always crash at a fix point, is it random, or is there another way you can easily reproduce it? Unfortunately, I do not believe this is a reproducible issue. The app will crash anywhere and everywhere. It happens between every 1-5 minutes. I did notice a lot of crashes at the very start of a match and right after the victory screen.

When the game crashes, does it give an error or crash back to the home screen? It just goes straight back to the phone home screen and there is no error.

Does the game crash after resuming from a locked screen? It crashes after the screen is locked. Also, if you lock and open the app again, it typically has to go through the app start screens again.

What device and OS version are you running? iPhone 6. iOS 10.3.3 (did the same on the previous iOS; I updated about 12 hours ago)
iPad iOS 10.3.3

Is your device close to full storage? No.

Is the game installed on device or on an SD card. On the device.

What graphics quality settings did your device default to, and what graphics settings are you running now? Graphics quality defaulted to Ultra Rare, and I have gone back and forth through all levels to test. Same issue regardless.

What is the Blur Quality setting set to? Off

Have you tried enabling “Power Saving” mode to see if it helps? Yes. Same issues.

Did you notice the game slowing down or lagging before the crash? No. It’s a very abrupt crash to the home screen.

Did you play on mobile before 3.1, and did you have an issues with that? I have rarely had issues before 3.1.

Was there anything else you tried that managed to prevent the crashes from occurring? I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, power cycled the phone, deleted other apps that I don’t use, and I have tried to play with all other apps closes. No luck.

Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Today was my first glitch since the upgrade. It just came at a terrible time. During my champion battle in guild wars today the screen went totally black and then did a hard restart. When the restart was finished I went back to guild wars and to my surprise it showed that I hadn’t done my champion battle yet but my opponent had changed. So went ahead with the battle and after winning I expected to start the paragon battle when this screen popped up…

Is this something that you guys and fix so that I can get my guild wars points back. It’s a tight race as usual and every point counts and it would suck to lose because of this glitch.

Oh yeah…I use an HTC One phone running google play.

Game crashes at random points for me had two crashes at the load in of guild wars sadly have two losses from it, and a plethora of crashes directly after battles prior to it giving the items or level up info screen. I’m on an iPad with the newest updated op system not sure which that is sorry. In game name killacoastie I’ve had about 15 crashes already today. When it crashes I get no info it just full closes the game and I must reopen.

If you are playing on ipad air, ios 10.3.3, putting graphics quality on rare and power saving on seems to help quite a bit in my case. I haven’t had a crash during my last stints. However it is painful to the eyes.

2 Likes

Does the game always crash at a fix point, is it random, or is there another way you can easily reproduce it?
It only crashed once but that was just after I had fired Apothecary (transformer) with on 4-match traits active (EK on both sides, probably Mab on other side)

When the game crashes, does it give an error or crash back to the home screen?
Back to home screen

Does the game crash after resuming from a locked screen?
N/A I can’t remember if there was a pause in my playing session just before. I don’t think so though.

What device and OS version are you running?
IPad Mini 2. iOS 10.3.3

Is your device close to full storage?
No (4,5 GB of 28,5 GB remaining)

Is the game installed on device or on an SD card.
Device

What graphics quality settings did your device default to, and what graphics settings are you running now?
Ultra-Rare, that’s what I was on when it crashed. I did set the Power Saving to on and the speed to x2

What is the Blur Quality setting set to?
Off

Have you tried enabling “Power Saving” mode to see if it helps?
I already had it on

Did you notice the game slowing down or lagging before the crash?
No, it came out of the blue.

Did you play on mobile before 3.1, and did you have an issues with that?
Yes, I only play on this iPad and I haven’t had GoW crash on me before except when servers were failing.

Was there anything else you tried that managed to prevent the crashes from occurring?
Afterwards I put speed back to x1 and graphics on lowest, I have been able to continue GW without crashes since.

Note that I had played several matches before the GW match that crashed me, but those were the unlock matches towards soulforge and dungeons, and involved a different team on my side (TDS team vs Hydra/Dryad/EK/Apothecary).

1 Like
  1. Random, both in and out of matches, no reproducibility. Sometimes 5 matches between crashes, sometimes crashes again before I finish 1 match.

2. No error; immediately back to the home screen after a <.5 sec freeze.

3. Have had multiple crashes without ever going to lock screen.

4. iPhone 6, iOS 10.3.3

5. Nope, over half empty.

6. on device

7. defaulted to ultra rare, have switched between any and all graphics levels with similar rates of crashing

8. Off

9. Tried; helps minimally, still frequent crashes.

10. No slow down before instant crash, just a brief freeze

11. Have been on mobile for a while before 3.1, those mostly play on PC, and don’t have crashes there.

12. Tried changing game speed; no result. Tried closing other active apps on phone, no change on freq.

I was having the same crashing issues in my iPhone 6 Plus. I locked my orientation, turned OFF power saver and set my auto lock to never and it hasn’t crashed again. Drains power like mad but at least it’s not crashing

1 Like

1.In the beginning it crashed randomly,mostly mid-match.Now I get to the loading assets screen,then crashes every time.

2.Home screen

3.No

4.Huawei L21 Android 5.1

5.No

6.Device

7.Default was common,now set to mythic.

8.Not sure,default setting.

9.Yes,doesn’t work.

10.No

11.Yes a lot,never had issues before 3.1

12.Can’t access the game to try anything else.

Hoping for a speedy fix,missing guild wars,dungeons and more.Plus I’m on vacation,so I actually have lots of time to play for once.
Please fix this quickly.

This has been happening a lot more often on PC

Game crashed during a GW battle after I used Alchemist to turn blue gems yellow.
I was booted back to the home screen.
No error message.
Using Samsung Galaxy note 3, running android 5.0.
Device has about 3 gigs of storage available.
Game is on device memory.
Power saving mode is always on.
No slow-down before crash.
Playing on animation speed x 4
First time this happens. Had no problems before update.

1 Like
  1. Since the update, I have done the questline to unlock dungeons and the soulforge, so a bunch of battles there, plus 5 Guild Wars battles per day. I have had 3 crashes, and all in GW battles (which is very disconcerting)
  2. Crashes out of the app to my home screen
  3. No, while I am surprised each time and cannot exactly recall what I did each time before the crash, it is literally mid-battle each time. Just like a general start a move with a gem or look at an enemy card.
  4. I am running on a iPad Air with 10.3.3
  5. The device 19GB available of 124GB
  6. The device
  7. Ultra-Rare / Ultra-Rare
  8. Off
  9. I turned this on after the release of this version of the game the other day, and before I experienced my first crash.
  10. I switched to 2x game play at the same time as the new release, so hard to say, as it all feels differently now to me.
  11. I have played on this same device almost exclusively since the day the game was released for iOS, and don’t think I have ever had a crash previously.
  12. no, sorry
1 Like
  1. Does the game always crash at a fix point, is it random, or is there another way you can easily reproduce it? Irregular crashing when the game loads from zero: first I get the company logos, then the GoW splash screen, then the download bar fills completely, then a crash to the home screen. No way to reproduce it. And immediately after the crash the load starts from zero and proceeds normally.

2. When the game crashes, does it give an error or crash back to the home screen? No error, just immediately back to iOS home screen

3. Does the game crash after resuming from a locked screen? Not relevant to this kind of crash

4. What device and OS version are you running? iOS 10.3.3 on an iPhone 5S

5. Is your device close to full storage? 1.92 GB free of 12.35 GB

6. Is the game installed on device or on an SD card. Device, clearly, since it’s iOS

7. What graphics quality settings did your device default to, and what graphics settings are you running now? Defaulted to Ultra-rare, currently running Rare

8. What is the Blur Quality setting set to? Off

9. Have you tried enabling “Power Saving” mode to see if it helps? It’s already on

10. Did you notice the game slowing down or lagging before the crash? Not relevant, since this occurs at startup

11. Did you play on mobile before 3.1, and did you have an issues with that? Yes, several, but none obviously relevant to this

12. Was there anything else you tried that managed to prevent the crashes from occurring? Can’t figure out what’s causing it, so I can’t figure out how to prevent it

1 Like

1.Does the game always crash at a fix point, is it random, or is there another way you can easily reproduce it? suppose it is random, but only seems to happen when I’m in the middle of a battle. I have lost quite a few GW battles due to it, and can’t seem to duplicate.
2.When the game crashes, does it give an error or crash back to the home screen? I have gotten a few strange error messages, tried to screenshot, but it froze my phone. Normally, it just takes me straight back to my home screen.
3.Does the game crash after resuming from a locked screen? this has been happening before the recent update, so I try not to let my phone’s screen shut off while I’m playing.
4. What device and OS version are you running? I’m running on samsung galaxy s5, android 4.4.2
5.Is your device close to full storage? I actually had to buy a bigger SD card so I can update the game.
6.Is the game installed on device or on an SD card. it is installed on my SD card.
7.What graphics quality settings did your device default to, and what graphics settings are you running now? the default is ultra-rare, and it’s still set to that.
8.What is the Blur Quality setting set to? it is set to off.
9.Have you tried enabling “Power Saving” mode to see if it helps? I have… still doesn’t work
10.Did you notice the game slowing down or lagging before the crash? there was no warning.
11.Did you play on mobile before 3.1, and did you have an issues with that? yes I did, like I mentioned before, the game would crash after the screen locked and the game was running
12.Was there anything else you tried that managed to prevent the crashes from occurring? what can I do to prevent this?

1 Like

Same issue here, iPhone 6+, iOS 9.

I haven’t lowered the graphics because I don’t think that’s where the problem lies-- sometimes the game crashes when nothing much is happening! At any rate they’re set to the default except I upped animation speed to 2x.

I don’t seem to have as many crashes as some, maybe a half-dozen a day if I’m playing a lot, but they’re annoying and yes, I just lost a GW match thanks to a crash. :angry:

2 Likes

I posted a report on repeated crashes in another thread:

I told in that post that it seemed that the crashes had stopped after I moved the game from the SD-card over to the internal phone storage.

I just want to report that it really fixed it! I’ve yet to experience a crash after I moved the game.

Thanks for getting on top of this one! :pig:

1. Does the game always crash at a fix point, is it random, or is there another way you can easily reproduce it?

The crashes seem almost random. It does seem that the one place I’m most likely to have a crash is when scrolling through my Troops (which I have to do a lot of now that the Troops area has been totally borked!) but that still only account for about 30% of the crashes.

2. When the game crashes, does it give an error or crash back to the home screen?

No error, no warning, just blackscreen & back to phone homescreen.

3.Does the game crash after resuming from a locked screen?

Not that I’ve noticed.

4. What device and OS version are you running?

iPhone 6+, iOS 9.3.5

5. Is your device close to full storage?

No, just over half-full.

6. Is the game installed on device or on an SD card.

On device

*7. What graphics quality settings did your device default to, and what graphics settings are you running now?

“Ultra-Rare”, no Power Save, 1x animation, no Blur Quality.
I increased animation first to 1.5x and then to 2x.

8. What is the Blur Quality setting set to?

None. Haven’t touched it.

9. Have you tried enabling “Power Saving” mode to see if it helps?

No. Why would that help?

10. Did you notice the game slowing down or lagging before the crash?

The new crashes happen at least 10x more often and NO warning.

11. Did you play on mobile before 3.1, and did you have an issues with that?

Yes, but it was rare enough not to be bothersome.

12. Was there anything else you tried that managed to prevent the crashes from occurring?

No, that’s why I’m here, to find out if it’s a ‘known issue’. I guess it is now! Thanks.

Hey @Maxx,

Could you send through any of the crash reports you are getting? They should be located in the Gems of War install directory, and should provide us with some more information on what is crashing. It seems like some of these crashes may be caused to bugs separate from device specific issues like the image you have posted.

Hey @Jimzah, You may need to uninstall and reinstall the game to get the game to work again. It is NOT recommended to play around with Graphics Settings, otherwise issues like what you have mentioned can occur.

The code automatically detects the recommended graphics quality settings for your device. We generally err on the side of caution, and Common quality can look quite bad on some devices, that it is only recommended to move up a maximum of 1 level (so going from Common => Rare, as this makes most in-game images look considerably better). Going too much higher than this can cause the game to crash.

@Royalty and other iOS users. We have found a bug in our engine code which is causing the game to crash when the screen locks when Power Saving mode is OFF. Turning Power Saving mode ON should fix this issue.

We are currently investigating these issues. Please remember to give us as much details on your device and version as possible. Providing any more information on the generation will also help (e.g. as iPad could mean any of the iPad range of devices, where iPad Air or iPad Mini 2 lets us pinpoint the exact devices with the problems)

3 Likes

Hi @GoldPhoenix0 i know it’s not the good thread but im just looking for a simple answer, i hope you will be able to answer me

1- Legendary task doesn’t reward gems anymore, is it a bug? or is it intended?

2- we also wonder if blue statue will still rewards gems or they been replaced by gems keys?