3.1.5 Known Issues (PC/Mobile AND Console!)

Lame. Kills I earned while the bar was full are not counted towards the next level, either.

3 Likes

Game (3.1) crashing on mobile/Android. Problem & Solution (seemingly):

PROBLEM:

1. Game crashing after short time when playing on my Note 2 phone with 4.4 Android.
  2. After crashing, the program will not start again.
  3. After restarting phone, the GoW-icon is replaced with a gray android-icon with the characters ā€œSDā€ on it, and when clicking on it, it says program is not installed. Also in Google Play it now says the program is not installed.
  4. If I close GoW before it has crashed, at first it looks OK. But after restarting phone, the icon has changed again etc, see point 3).
  5. I reinstall GoW again, and everything repeat from point 1). I did this about 5 times. Keeping all settings on lowest, donā€™t change anything.
  6. Then, after installing, I made sure to actively deinstalling the game, before installing again. That meant that the game lost its linking to my main PC-account (i.e. starting over as a new account). But everything still crashed as explained over. I tried this twice.

SOLUTION:

GoW was automaticly installing on my SD card, and I decided to try to move it over to the internal phone memory:
From the Android Settings, I went into the ā€œApplication Managerā€, and clicked on the ā€œSD CARDā€-tab. I scrolled down to ā€œGems of Warā€, which had a green mark meaning it was installed on the SD card. I clicked it, and clicked on ā€œMove to device storageā€.
So far this seems to have fixed my problem.

Thanks for the detailed information. We will investigate that further.

Iā€™d be interested to know if other players who are having issues have SD cards installed?

Not sure if mentioned, but i know a bunch in my guild have had it happen, sure others have as well.

In GW, after a 3rd straight win, it bugs out, pops up with Internal Error and counts it as a loss.

Has happened to too many in the guild on the same fight for it to be a coincidence.

2 Likes

From a guildmate:

Settings not accessible on android after a clean install, until after finishing the tutorials and choosing a username.
This means you can no longer immediately click settings after a clean install and link to your account.

The settings icon isnā€™t available anymore on the top bar during the tutorial

1 Like

Tried for some hours on Lenovo Moto G4+ (Android 7, 2 GB RAM)
Okay, this is not a top-phone, but itā€™s far from being a dinosaur.

In terms of UX, this is a big regression for me :

• Obligation, or near, to play at low graphical quality, rendering horrible pictures (and usually this is not something i care of, but here itā€™s very ā€¦ awful :slight_smile: ) Canā€™t we have the possibility to remove those useless animations, like mana coming to the pool instead, of using very low resolution jpgs ?

• Battery drain worst than previous one (that was already very high). 25 % in less than one hours, doing around 10 fights I just hope it was due to the need of re-downloading some data and it will be better after

• Not smooth anymore and slower than before. Yes, even with x4 speed :smile: The speed enhancement makes lag bigger, and then donā€™t compensate it, so at final, it takes more time :confused: Same at x2. Even x1 is slower than before ā€¦ When I use exploders like Gorgotha or TDS, i can see explosions one by one. Doing a bunch of match-4~5 results in the same ā€¦ And there are no more smooth animations, every single and simple one lag, like a simple match-4 for example. Many time shift between an action and its animation (eg : a 4-match, and sensible time after the name of a triggered trait appears). Really a pain for the eyes.

• Filtering unit is just a mess, especially kingdom search ā€¦ But it has already been discussed when PC get the previous update I think.

Well, if i could have played same visual quality but couldnā€™t benefit of x4 speed, why not. But even to play the same things as before I need to play at low quality. And itā€™s still not confortable, due to lags.

Iā€™m really disappointed in fact :confused:

Only some loading times are better, and make this point more confortable.

4 Likes

The UI is getting a reword in 3.2 so the lag issues and graphic quality issues could be fixed then, maybe.

I tend to agree. I have a OnePlus 3, and whilst it does not lag I really miss the smoothness from the old version. Explosions and cascades not happening simultaneously look particularly bad (relatively speaking).

Having said that, the loading times are so much faster for me! I love not staring at that spinning wheel any more.

It might just be that I am not used to the new animations, but if I play on anything faster that 1.5x I have no idea whatā€™s going on.

2 Likes

I am having issues on my work WiFi connecting to the game. I have had no issues connecting to any previous version. It seems there is something with the Unity Servers that my work WiFi does not like.

Getting ā€œYour connection to the server has timed out. Please try again later.ā€ and in the background, it gets about halfway through ā€œLoading assestsā€¦ā€. The scrolling Tips on the bottom keep changing however.

I think something has gone wrong. I bought the daily deal and gem bounty twice the daily deal gives 50 diamonds buying it twice would give me 100 and the gem bounty gives 20 buying it twice gives 40 so I should have 140 diamonds from that. The dungeon bosses give 20 so 3 a day times two days is 120. Adding them together should give me 260 but I only have 180.

General issue: I am not seeing splash screens upon leveling up. I just get my traitstone reward and get dumped back on the world map (with the level-1000+ bonus mail already in my inbox).

Not an issue: load times seem much, much better than they used to be! There are hiccups associated with downloading new troop art (which isnā€™t on my phone for some reason?), but once the image is local everything feels much faster than it used to.

Edit: UI issue. The control buttons at the bottom of the screen now toggle their respective menus (yay!). But now the kingdom menus donā€™t toggle. Once I press on Whitehelm, I canā€™t dismiss the menu by pressing the kingdom seal again. I have to press outside the menu area.

The Diamonds from the dungeon are not guaranteed, theyā€™re all random chance. Double-check the bottom line of rewards:

So you have a 25% chance to get Diamonds from the first two fights and a 50% chance from the third fightā€¦which means you could go days without getting any Diamonds (unless you pay Gems or money).

If you have 180 Diamonds, it looks like you got a reward of 20 two times out of six possible rewards in addition to the 140 you purchased.

3 Likes

Tried to play GW twice since the patch, got ā€œInternal Errorā€ both times. :frowning:
The error seemingly happens before trying to connect to the server, just after the match ends.
Update: Got a different opponent on my third attempt, it worked, so the problem is definitely connected to certain defenders in particular.

Iā€™m having no problems with an SD card install on Android 6.0 on a Moto X Pure Edition.

Game crashed twice in PvP has also crashed in Soulforge. Using Note 3 with Android 5.0 last updated Aug 26th. Game also crashes while on kingdom screen.

is the loading battle bar with the gems spinning around part taking much longer than usual for anyone than usual?intended or just too many on servers since patch hit?lol

It just crashes to home screen. Also with power save mode on. During a GW matchā€¦ Graphics quality on ultra-rare. First generation ipad air.

A couple of things Iā€™ve noticed:

• It seems like the ā€œOffersā€ screen is doing weird things. Iā€™ve noticed it appearing underneath tutorial messages (e.g., when Luther pops up to intro the new quest lines.
  • Is it just me, or is the AI for the new quests set to ā€œeasyā€ mode? They arenā€™t taking 4-matches or skull matches. Seems odd that these would be even easier than the standard quest lines, or class quests.

Iā€™ve noticed the AI leaving 4-matches in explore mode on at least one occasion. Iā€™m not sure what changed behind the scenes with the decision trees, but I think some branches need pruning.

Pretty sure Console AI has done this since the dawn of creation (someone from that side feel free to correct me). If so, this is likely intended. Welcome to the era of less-predictable matches!

2 Likes