2000 Glory in a day!

Flying through PvP with Maw, IK, Mercy, Sheggra.

Dont judge me, I needed a change!

I have had 3 defences all week. Won them all for 9 glory.

1 Like

Not judging you bro, just trying to help you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sure enough he had a glory hole, before he decided to fill it up within a days work.

2 Likes

Your invasion team is good so is it reasonable to say you can get 20 pvp wins per day? Average 40 min then 10 quick map another 40 min will give you 160 glory for 1h20 of playing time , not counting def win and tribute. Try this my friend and you will get more then 500 glory every week

1 Like

100 per week is probably closer to my limit. My time spent isnt quite that condensed. I am usually talking, messaging, eating etc. while playing.

I dont enjoy treasure maps to be honest. I am hoping new mini games will also allow glory rewards

1 Like

I think you’ve hit a couple good points here that deserve to be expanded on. Maps may be the best source of resources per time spent, as long as you aren’t picky about what resources you get. Low-level players need everything, so the random distribution of rewards from maps doesn’t seem negative to them, and they probably don’t have quick enough teams for PvP to make maps look bad in terms of time/payout ratio.

High level players are likely to value certain resources less than others, such as souls. They still need keys, gems, and traitstones, but guild tasks are better for keys and gems, and they’re more likely looking for specific traitstones, so Explore mode is more efficient. Guild tasks raise the value of gold astronomically, and PvP is the best source for gold. Once guild tasks are reworked, other options might become a little more comparable.

So even if maps were the best source of resources, high-level players would still likely value maps less than other options, because they don’t value all resources equally. But on average, they already are a highly competitive source of glory, which all players need pretty much equally, because it’s used for things both new and old players have the same amount of: new troops. And traitstones are still new enough and rare enough that few people, if any, have an abundance of the most valuable: minor reds and arcanes of all colors.

2 Likes

I also don’t like map, it’s why i play them quick , but untill we get the new pvp system this is the fastest way to get glory

1 Like

this. But if you like playing maps (to me its an addictive thing) then the usefulness wears off. I mean its never minor red anyway :baby:

1 Like

So what i have gathered from this thread is that the op, got most of his mana from maps and is a god at treasure hunt. I want to see those treasure hunt games move for move.

1 Like

No need to be a god treasure hunter, my average move is 40-50 and get average 10 glory per maps

1 Like

Unfortunately on console map glory rewards are still bad - the most recent update apparently only changed the image on the rewards, you can still get all the less desirable ones. This makes glory per map way worse, somewhere around 15 per map.

1 Like

Hmm. I don’t do a ton of maps and was a little unclear on how the change took effect. I noticed that the pictures on the right changed a bit, but hadn’t noticed any instances of getting rewards that didn’t jive with the images. They blow through so fast it’s hard to follow unless you’re really looking for something specific, and mostly I’m trying to count the glory. If I’m playing moderately quickly, I think the 15 estimate is about right. Hopefully, the rewards can be brought into line with the PC version soon.

I haven’t tested it myself, but someone posted in the bug thread that this was an issue. I’ve been wanting to save my maps until it was fixed to maximize glory rewards.

1 Like

Yup i mentioned it and also posted a video showing vault still reward souls and red chest reward gold

2 Likes

I also think maps are the best source of minor traitstones. Which I need a lot of…

4 Likes

I use challenge to get specific minor stone it work fine

1 Like

Good for Traitstones in general. I’m about to do a 100 Map run and breakdown and will absolutely love the 300+ Traitstones I will get on top of the 100k+ Gold, 1200+ Glory,100+ Gems and 100+ Glory Keys.

1 Like

Solution would be to release armor giving +100% glory

5 Likes

I’m already counting my money… Just in case. :grin:

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure this has been fixed on console in the past couple days. I’ve done about 60 maps tonight and haven’t received any gold from red chests or vaults. I also got 5 gems from a single vault, which I wasn’t getting previously. I feel like I’m getting a touch more glory than I normally get, more souls (seems like the red chests are giving souls at a higher than 25% clip, at least tonight), and less gold.

I play on Xbox One, for what it’s worth.

1 Like