Originally published at: http://gemsofwar.com/2-2-patch-notes/
The 2.2 Update is coming tomorrow…
- There are 3 types of Events that can be run. They may be available all at once, or at different times:
Troop Bonus Events:
- Troop Skills get increased by 25%
- These events can be based on either Troop Type (like Knight or Dragon), or Troop Kingdom (like Khetar or Adana), or both!
- The Skill Bonuses will apply to all game modes including the Arena
- When multiple Troop Bonus Events are run at the same time, the bonuses will stack.
Bonus Resource Events:
- Using a combination of either Troops, troop types, Troop Color, or Troop Kingdoms, construct a team that rewards bonus resources at the end of a victorious battle.
- These events will sometimes apply to specific game modes and difficulties.
- Complete specific objectives such as: Killing enemies, killing troops of specific types or kingdoms, summoning troops, or playing treasure maps, to earn points.
- Based on your point total, collect rewards for the event as you progress. Each event may contain up to 6 rewards.
- These packs give rewards for reaching certain levels in the game.
- They may only be purchased once.
- They will give appropriate rewards instantly, if purchased by a player who has already achieved some/all of the levels.
- There are 2 types of Growth Packs: Growth Pack I & Growth Pack II
Growth Pack I:
- Costs $30 and contains $150 value of rewards
- Gives rewards at levels 10, 20, 30, 40, 50
- At level 50 gives a bonus random Legendary troop
Growth Pack II:
- Costs $50 and contains $250 value of rewards
- Gives rewards at levels 50, 75, 100, 125, 150
- At level 150 gives a bonus random Mythic troop
Path to Glory
- Path to Glory Packs are 30-day subscription packs, that can be purchased once per month
- Players may purchase both subscriptions at the same time if they want
- There are 2 types of subscription packs: Path to Glory I + Path to Glory II
- These packs may be repurchased once they expire.
- You will not miss out if you do not collect them on consecutive days (i.e. if you have collected the Day 5 Reward, and you miss 2 days’ play, then when you log in, the pack will continue from the Day 6 Reward, running all the way up to Day 30).
Path to Glory I:
- Costs $15 and contains $75 value of rewards
- Each day gives random consumables (Gems, Gold, Souls, etc)
- On day 30, gives a random Legendary Troop
Path to Glory II:
- Costs $50 and contains $250 value of rewards
- Each day gives traitstones
- On day 30, gives a random Mythic Troop
- $5 Bundle that gives 1 VIP key and a few miscellaneous consumables.
- VIP keys can be used even if the player isn’t VIP 5.
- Can be purchased 3 times per account.
- Costs $5 and contains an old event weapon along with a few miscellaneous consumables.
Typhoon of Keys
- $100 bundle that has been brought over from the console versions
- This pack contains a huge selection of keys of all types (including VIP)
- 240 Gold Keys
- 120 Glory Keys
- 60 Gem Keys
- 30 Event Keys
- 15 VIP Keys
Other Shop Updates
- Shop tabs have been reorganised to improve Shop layout
- This includes Gold and Soul purchases now sharing a tab
- We are changing the weekly rotation of shop bundles to always include the following:
- Troop Bundle
- Weapon Bundle
- 2 Traitstone bundles of specific colors
- Gem purchases of Gold and Souls now give significantly more rewards
- Chat is now available in Treasure Hunt mini games.
- Treasure Hunt now displays the number of turns taken as well as, current number of earned Traitstones.
- Redeem Codes have been disabled in the Store.
- Arena rewards have been increased.
- New load screen has been added to game start up
- Chest menu now always defaults to the Gold chest screen, rather than highest chest that players have keys for (like gem or event).
- Increased his boost ratio from x1 to x3
- Base damage increased from 2 to 6
- Now gains Magic at level 16
- Spell now cleanses Gorgotha.
- His legendary trait has been corrected to the original version. We’ve fixed the problem that caused his trait not to end the game correctly.
- Empowered changed to Fast.
- Mana Cost reduced from 24 to 22
- Spell changed to do Life Steal instead of flat true damage and life gain.
- Spell changed so that killing an enemy gives +10 to all Stats.
The following troop will be available for refund for the next week:
- Fixed an issue where Guild Statue levels weren’t displaying above 100.
- Fixed the issue where Kraken’s original 3rd trait would cause the game to get stuck if used to end the battle.
- Fixed Guild chat messages – they no longer disappear when typing multiple lines.
- Fixed Infernal King’s 3rd Trait triggering despite being stunned when he is killed.
- Fixed various Avatar visual issues
- Fixed an Avatar issue where the headwear displayed was matching costume Armor, instead of the selected custom headwear
- Improved load times on Android and iOS devices.
- Fixed an issue where guild tasks were not resetting correctly if a player was not in a guild when the weekly reset happens.
- Fixed an issue where PVP Defences show as 0 PVP points.
- Fixed a guild issue were number of guild members were sometimes displaying 1 more than actual guild members.
- Fixed an issue where a player could start a new battle while in the middle of a battle through chat, causing the game to crash.
- Adjusted team scores to take into account any Guild Stat bonuses.
- Improved the load time of the News menu when the game first loads.
- Fixed an issue where currency in Treasure or Arena intro was overlapping the menu popup on 4:3 devices
- A “ghost” Orbweaver Hero may be triggered when it summons a Giant Spider on damage that caused death. (This doesn’t affect the game – it’s just a visual issue)
- Summoned Troops’ traits are sometimes not triggering correctly for some players.
- Troops summoned by the AI can occasionally have higher Skills than normal (particularly on higher Warlord difficulties).
- Transformed enemy’s traits are sometimes still triggering after being transformed for some players.
- Guild Rewards may not be sent out correctly for some players when too many players complete tasks at once, particularly after Weekly Reset.
- The Lion and Tiger Weapon is not working correctly for some players especially on older or slower devices.
- Troops that get summoned into a team slot, where a troop had previously been killed by a status effect (such as burning), may very occasionally be inflicted with the same status effect.
Please note this Update only applies to Steam, iOS and Android versions of the game.