2.1 Guild Tasks Nerf and Replacement

Guild task for traitstones? Bahhhhhh
It will be the ones i allready have 999999 of :stuck_out_tongue:

Top players and guilds should be rewarded ! We play hard and earn it. No slackers here :stuck_out_tongue:

How do you already know it will be bad for players when you have no idea what the changes are yet?

2 Likes

If they do add this traitstones things to guild tasks (which could end up being a good thing) or add a way to earn just glory, they should add a way to turn traitstones into flat glory.

1 Like

He’s dealing with the current changes to console tasks which were very significant. So I’d say any discussion about changes to a familiar system will probably be viewed in the worst possible light, even if it is an overreaction.

2 Likes

What if the devs are waiting for the app stores to approve the update and that is the only reason we are not playing 2.0.1?

1 Like

I live in the real world. They arent changing it to make everyone have easier access to more resources. Youll have less glory keys and gems, a lot less. Probably some traitstones etc. to make it appear like it is more balanced.

They tore the daily tasks to shreds on console this week and they are only a portion of what can be achieved in the top guilds that they think are taking the piss.

ps. Not an over reaction Shiratori :grin:

3 Likes

There are certainly glass-half-empty folks that will always have a negative response to change. However, now is definitely the time to speak up if you’re concerned. I’d just advise people to be part of the solution rather than a naysayer. “I want this” is much more useful than “I don’t want change that’s inevitably coming”.

1 Like

Even glass half empty people respond well to positive changes. These changes are simply to lower players resource earning potential, it has zero to do with improving your experience or enjoyment.

Some people respond well on here to any change. I dont know why apart from to be ‘in’ with the devs and get a pat on the back for being insightful

In terms of being constructuve: I think a way of earning glory in guild tasks would be great. As in, keep the tasks for glory keys/gems and add a new one for glory. The problem is they will also make anything earned less economical than it currently is. Earning a spin of a wheel for a random arcane/celestia would also be good

3 Likes

True. But also I can wait and see what’s done and then vocalize things. This update won’t hit consoles until 2017 at the earliest most likely so time to actually see whatever they have planned and work with it first.

I’m not sure what changes I’d want to see anyway. Traitstones yeah sure, everyone says that. Gold Keys… eh not that warm on that one. I’d rather wait and see the full extent of the changes first.

And @Robert, for months, I would often have 2 and sometimes 3 of the 4 tasks slotted with something I could not do at all leaving me with the thrill of making 50 matches, using 4 maps, fighting with 4 of 1 race, using gold keys, or using glory keys. That was not fun at all, nor were the rewards anything all that special outside of the “Use 4 maps.” So yes, the overhaul was welcome even if were a general nerf for us.

But I already had 2 PC people tell me they wish they had those so… guess it’s just a matter of perspective as to whether it’s really bad or not.

And also, them overnerfing things to start was safer since now they can adjust upwards and re-buff things so things do look better than they originally had. That’s better than nerfing some and then coming back with “sorry, still wasn’t enough, more nerfs coming.”

1 Like

Are you in one of the top 10-20 guilds? Do you understand how many Gems and Glory Keys they generate for their members every week? It’s absurd. And it’s bad for the economy and long-term health of the game. Some of us want to see this game continue to succeed indefinitely and are willing to be selfless in the process.

I for one would prefer not to see the game run itself into the ground prematurely bc we players held the devs hostage over a design decision they made not fully appreciating the long-term impact it had and bc they were too nice to change it for fear of players complaining bc they stripped out overly-generous rewards.

The change is happening. Either get on board now and make it something you can live with, or get left behind.

4 Likes

I am not. How many?

Hundreds of each

Good point on consoles getting it in 2017. Sure half the current players may have moved on before it is released. I suspect I will be anyway.

What tasks could you not do?

Thousands here.

2 Likes

Level a kingdom. All mine were at 10 and this appeared in spots 2 and 4.

Then the daily task would have “Level a troop to 10” (Mine were all higher.)

And this also didn’t include when I would get wonderful things like “5 revenges” (had 3 at most with no more coming no matter what I did) or “20 invasions” or “8 kills with the hero’s weapon”. The latter 2 being doable but the grind took way too stupidly long because of the bug (since fixed yay) that gave the enemy your kingdom bonuses as well as the fact the hero was extra week because he didn’t get your kingdom bonuses. So many of the daily tasks were ignored too even when doable because the time investment was way too much. I can do most of the 4 tasks now in the same time if not faster than it would have taken me to clear 1 of those grinders.

And what mechanism in the game that is broken allows this to happen?

(I’m trying to make sense out of this topic, because I don’t understand it yet.)

I thought I saw daily lol.

You on Xbox @Shimrra?

1 Like

Definitely thousands, and we work for those rewards.

Nothing broken. Once you level all Kingdoms to 10, all Gold gets Donated

I am in a great guild on console. I suspect it is a fraction of what the top pc guilds are earning as I am most definitely not resource rich. Taken months to collect my current stash of gems and keys.

I dont have a problem with more dedicated players than me having more resources. It is a linear curve, if guild members play more then they can input more gold and earn more rewards.

What economy does the game have? It is a single player game, doesnt affect me if some players have tens of thousands of everything.