2.1 Guild Tasks Nerf and Replacement

I apologize, I didn’t mean the Development Team drives players away. It’s the nature of online gaming.

Big changes cause players to leave because “their” game isn’t what it was anymore.

Simple economics say that Gold Contributed is out of circulation.

The reason the “Gold pool” grows is because there are more players, therefore more battles (where most Gold is “created”)

Well i cant say i expected ya to come out and say we are trying to drive away old players xD But i’ll stick around anyway cause i love you guys :heart:

3 Likes

Yeah, sadly no game has a retention rate of 100%.
A percentage of players will drop from any game every day.

We’ve been lucky that our big changes so far seem to have improved our retention rates (even PvP in 2.0 which caused a bit of angst on release actually ticked our numbers up some). Some players do indeed leave, but our changes have had overall positive effects so far. We’re hoping that we can do the same with the Guild rework

The Gold Income issue has kind of crept up on us in a number of steps:

• An increase of PvP rewards a couple of times about 12 months ago
  • The general Level of players has increased gold rewards in PvP
  • It DID get pegged back by the change of City Levels requiring Gold
  • Removal of Gold costs on battles ticked it back up though - a LOT
  • 2.0 PvP has increased gold income again (people play more AND get more)

So there’s been no time in there where it jumped significantly enough to say “Guild Task Nerf”!
But we find ourselves in a position now where we DO need to address it.

3 Likes

Maybe using Gold as the ONLY currency to complete Guild Tasks is an issue to look into. Either different resources can be used or you can increase the amount of Gold needed. As is, I can make the 36,000-38,000 Gold to complete in less than 90 minutes BY MYSELF. If my Guild was 30 members like me, we’d complete 50+ Tasks daily

Once your Kingdom levels are all 10, all Gold goes to the Guild minus Gold chests bought.

The main issue with big changes is that we, players, endure these changes better than being involved.
I will prefer more communications and a real impact of the community on your choices. What we could expect for a small game like GoW (small comapred to D3 for example).
You’re going to send a preview, a part of the players will rage and will have this feeling that this game is not GoW anymore. Why don’t you try to discuss about your game design ideas better than testing them directly in the game? You will receive some feedbacks at least… I don’t really understand what you can loose doing that.

I have to like this… though of course @sirrian has to say it :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes, this was the whole purpose of my thread. It’s clearly coming, so let’s get ahead of it and talk about what we want to see and what would make us happy.

The obvious thing to me is Guild-exclusive rewards. Enable us ways to unlock troops, cosmetics!, etc. that we can only get by working together. Then I’ll care a lot less that I’m not getting Gems and Glory Keys bc I’m getting other cool stuff that I wouldn’t otherwise get.

But that is just scratching the surface. I’m sure folks have other creative ideas (including the Dev team, which is holding back on us :wink:).

1 Like

Thank you @Sirrian, the dev team has made playing and supporting this game a pleasure. I say this knowing full well that y’all are Aussie, much like my ex-wife, and don’t hold it against you!

2 Likes

Exactly. Let’s get creative here.

I mean there’s other ways to get Glory keys. Maybe we could actually trade Glory itself for Gems via tasks? Maybe we could cough work together as a Guild to earn those ever-elusive Arcane Traitstones?

The possibilities are endless. Yes, my guild is active and yes I’m getting a lot from it. Yes, I also have contributed like 30% of the gold my guild has received the last week or so. The rewards are getting kind of boring…

I agree. Gems and Glory Keys ad nauseum. Let’s get some interesting stuff! I’m not expecting Arcanes to get any easier, but I would definitely welcome that.

Other things to consider:

• The Tokens/Masteries system is meaningless after the first early stages. They could do some interesting stuff with this untapped Token currency.
  • Guild levels are meaningless after the first few. Could certainly do more with this.

There are already systems in place that could be reworked to be far more interesting/relevant. My creative juices aren’t flowing right now (too much work and no play makes Studs a dull boy), but I’m very interested to hear ideas.

I think the game is due for some sort of currency expansion akin to Traitstones or Ascension to keep things fresh. (What is that currency? :shrug:)

1 Like

Because the guild tasks are retroactive. The more people in your guild the higher the cost and the more rewards. [quote=“Sirrian, post:13, topic:9255”]
Guild Tasks will neither be nerfed NOR left untouched.
[/quote]

What does this mean?[quote=“Sirrian, post:13, topic:9255”]
Will you get less Gems and Glory Keys than currently? Yep. Will you get lots of other cool stuff instead? Definitely!
[/quote]

Not sure if this is going to end well. What other cool stuff could you offer that is not already easily given through guild tasks passively or actively?

I think i know exactly where this is going and each thing hinted at has already been a feature request for months. Omg this is going to be good.[quote=“Sirrian, post:18, topic:9255”]
has been so successful.
[/quote]

Feature requests, i have noticed the number of feature requests that have been implimented is now in the mid to late 30s or 40s. Even the pvp 2.0 update had about 10 feature requests to my knowledge.

2 Likes

i think there has been more dev responses in this thread than any other ive encountered! way to go studs for making sirrian come out of the woodwork :DD

1 Like

It’s Friday here… they let me out of my cage :monkey:

10 Likes

definitely looking forward to the task revamps :smiley:

Still waiting on the 2.0.1 preview unless you wanna be an awesome guy and just bring the patch out already? :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I’d say this will be so bad it could almost kill the game. They don’t seem to appreciate how much of a negative impact this kind of thing has on players.

Can’t be bothered talking about it; like trying to squeeze cheese out of a turnip

3 Likes

I’d like to see a guild task for packs of Arcane Traitstones (or Runics).

1 Like