2.1.5 Arrives!

Changed troops:

Changed weapons:

@Sirrian: Soul Blade has a typo: “Gain 10 Soul.”

4 Likes

That is just what happened. You noticed I did quoted Sirrian on that right?
I’m not alone in my displeasure as you can see.
And I did not say SHE was around a month. There have been a too many nerfs and ‘adjustments’ to cards since I’ve been playing. An opinion yes. And many cards have there been up for refund in, say, the last 5 months?
“The “fact” that you’ve never seen games nerf things this much is either blatantly incorrect, or your sample size is too small for you to be calling out such a judgement”
I’ll stand by my statement dispite your displeasure of it. Since you can’t possibly know how many games I have played I say your “judgment” of my statement is blatantly incorrect.
I will not dispute with you farther. I free you to jump on other people for expressing their opinions.

Omg there IS a weapon that makes souls holy sh/t! I need to make a team with phylactery!

1 Like

We’ll fix that

There is a difference between “just because people are actually using” a thing and an unhealthy rate of play. A large one. All you have to do is look at the numbers.

I can conclude from your result that you have a low sample size. How many games do you actually pay attention to the balance and patch notes of other than this? You will notice that almost every game out there (that has continual balance maintenance) has a history of using the nerf bat as needed. See League of Legends, Hearthstone, Overwatch, any MMO on the face of the planet, and any game with developers that have heard the phrase “power creep”. So from your conclusion, I can deduce that you either have a small sample size of games that you keep up on the patch notes for, or you happen to be just flat out wrong. Do I know this as fact from having seen numbers or asking you? No. Do I need to in order to reach a sound and valid conclusion here? Also no.

And now for the tastiest morsel of the bunch:

Now the second half of that is an opinion. The first you have stated, which I will dispute after stating that there was a heavy implication, as your original statement did not directly reference anything but Valkyrie in any other way.

Have there been too many nerfs? Oh, maybe. But that’s because of things that flat out broke the balance of the game. Maw’s devour was just ridiculous, having him able to 100% team wipe you in a single turn with nothing but skulls and a quad devour. Did it happen often? No. Did it happen? More than some might think. More commonly than Death first turn four troop kills presently, that’s for sure. Mab? Was incredibly strong. Still is. That patch ended up being an overall buff though, because her third trait wasn’t working prior to it. Golem losing Impervious? It had to in order to buff countless other troops. I can keep going, if you wish.

The amount of buffs and nerfs have been proportional, I feel. That is entirely up to personal interpretation, and you have a right to disagree. But please, I implore of you, provide some supporting evidence.

2 Likes

The devs do a lot of things right in this game. Valkyrie just wasn’t one of them.
Cosmetic changes? That is fun. I am relieved the treasure hunt music is the same! I love that bit and was wondering where I was going to find it if it had changed.
@Nimhain and Sirrian I give you credit for a lot of things. Valkyrie? Nope sorry.

@Sirrian Hmm, well, based on that logic, mind showing us the data for which shop items players pay for most often? When you do, may I suggest you heavily nerf that as well and make them all even going forward, just to be fair?

lol - well if the game were all about shopping that would be a reasonable thing to balance!
Fortunately it’s about puzzle/combat though, so I think we’ll just stick to balancing that :stuck_out_tongue:

For the record though, even though I can’t share exact numbers, our best sellers are Gem Subscriptions, The mid-to-large sized Gem Packs, and the weekly troop/traitstone packs.

3 Likes

@sirrian any idea when iOS will be available?

Oh i just found out that THERE are new races,in the store, but still nice. :grinning:

We’ve been contacting Apple to try and find out what’s gone wrong. So far no response.
We’re going to attempt to bring the servers back online for the iOS version shortly with 2.1.0 (instead of 2.1.5) if they don’t solve it shortly

1 Like

Careful there, you are overusing the word “though”… It might get nerfed at some point… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Ok thanks, that would be good

Please please please bring back the hero stat bug

Why would we spend money on appearance packs if we hardly use the hero due to its lackluster stats?

1 Like

We’re going to look at a small rebalance of the hero stats in the next 5-7 days, and give a few more points out. He/she was fun with the stat bug, but it was going to be a bigger problem in the future if we left it there, since it would get bigger and bigger and bigger over time!

5 Likes

Sirrian, I looked at the avatar race packs in the shop. Would it be possible to show what the hairstyle and detail options for them are before purchase?

3 Likes

Giggity. However i like big heros.

Oh god. I just opened up the game & my hero is a brunette.

shudder

3 Likes

5 Likes

Should it instead be “that’s messed up right?”

P.S. Psych is the best show ever. My boyfriend and I laugh at each other and say his signature catch phrase weekly (“did ya hear about pluto?”)

1 Like