2.1.5 Arrives!

Those troops don’t even come close to Valk. She’s the single best blue mana generator in the game. Wake up and smell the farts.

She also got protection too.

Because once you’ve cast her twice you then have to cast someone else to actually win the match.

I can get 15 souls with TDS and kill most of the enemies in Easy Explore with ONE cast. My TDS team is twice as fast as my Khorvash team with Valk.

Of course that would be ideal. Obviously the Devs didn’t agree. Not being superglued to Valk is a good compromise no matter how much you want to poopoo it.

It is the only real solution.

The logical alternative is to make other troops as useful as valkyrie. Nerfing valkyrie and giving souls to junk cards? Thats dumb and anyone who supports it is either stupid or doesn’t need souls.

1 Like

Are the No-Bend Brothers supposed to explode gems? I would think destroy, none of those abilities are bad.

Or they could possibly be in a third category. They don’t need to max souls, they just want to be able to use other teams without Valkyrie and still get SOME.

We went from using Valkyrie for 80 souls or using literally any other team and getting 10.

No Valkyrie isn’t nearly what she once was. But those of us that are completely sick of her can now use something else without being completely shut out of getting any souls at all.

2 Likes

Awesome soundtrack, thank you! :blush:

Makes souls that scale.
Avina (Deals 3x damage to undead.)
Banshee (Was in the infinite loop team and still is for some people. This was a soul buff to that team.)
Wight (Thematically makes sence.)
Has necromancy
Acolyte (makes the rock worm team more viable i think?) (Works with dead thematically i think?)
Flesh golem (the newish valkyrie, makes mana, and gives bonus to souls.)
Keeper of souls (He keeps them not makes them so it makes sence that he can increase the size of the net)
Sacrifice (no clue why)
Sac priest (it makes sence theme wise.)
Warlock (IT makes sence)
Zombie (confirmed that that a certain kingdom is now themed as soul kingdom.)

No-Bends are ridiculous…my opponent never got a turn

I’m a bit saddened to see our Hero stats are back down again.
To me it made the hero viable to use once again, but now I guess it’s back to the cupboard for mine. :disappointed:

5 Likes

We’re going to have another look at them.

2 Likes

I used to, actually. She gives 16 souls per cast. Double necro made that 32, with 8 from the four kills, which is 40. My fastest explore team could consistently do this in under a minute on average.

Agreed, but they seem unwilling to do that. More/better options are still needed. Right now, I’d consider the only conditionally viable “replacement” for valk to be Banshee. However, if Valk kept Necro, she would have always been the best, no matter what other troops were added. Because of the power and utility of the other troops soul gen was given to, as things are now, you still “have” to use Valk (or TDS, and maybe banshee). Valk is just slower now.

At the same time, she kinda needed to lose necromancy or she would have always been the one stop shop. And by that I mean, because they made a pointless change to have necromancy change the cap, she needed to lose it. And by that I mean, there was a whole thread of preemptive complaining that everyone will still have to use Valk because she had necromancy and would still be sooo much better than everyone else. If necromancy had just been changed to something unaffected by soul generators (such as +2 souls per kill as I suggested), then every single necromancy troop would gain a bit of extra souls just for being on the team. It would have been a buff disguised as a nerf, rather than a nerf disguised as a buff.

2 Likes

What percentage of people need those souls?
What percentage only need some souls?

Why not keep them both happy and keep valkyrie as useful while increasing options?

Why not keep everyone happy and remove soul generators and give the same valkyrie level rewards to all troops?

3 Likes

Excellent post.

Why is iOS still down? Apple push it through already!

Nerfing Valkyrie to make the other junk cards more relevant is the worst possible excuse for a nerf.

What orangutan is going to start using these daft troops for 25% of less than optimal souls :dizzy_face:

3 Likes

We’ve actually discovered a small problem with the way Necromancy is working at 25%, so we’re going to revert that to 50% for now (update will happen a little later today). We’ll keep a close eye on that though, and we may push it down to 25% later

3 Likes

Pretty much nobody. But only because the troops suck. There was mention of an upcoming legendary having a soul trait, and this seems like a partially preemptive strike.

I happen to agree with you in that the whole necromancy thing is a straight nerf. However, because this nerf is now in place, maybe we can try to build toward some actual variety. It would have been better if they put out more viable alternatives before nerfing (other than TDS), but the result now is that more viable alternatives can exist.

The problem with Necromancy as a whole is that you need a soul generator to take advantage of it. Even at its old 50%, the gains were simply too small otherwise. The troops that currently have it are not only not that great overall for the most part, but also have very little synergy with any of the current soul generators. Necromancy was pretty much only relevant because it was on Valk (and in certain instances, KoS and Death, who could be combined with Valk/Spider). Now that it isn’t, it is basically irrelevant and everyone just kinda has to suck up gains being overall lower. More necromancy options doesn’t really help much when baseline gains are so low and they aren’t good and don’t synergize with any of the soul generators. More generators (even small, more prevalent, and most importantly passive gains that you don’t have to go out of the way to get) and more baseline gains would do something for actual variety. Lets hope it won’t take another two years for this to happen.

3 Likes

Even he looks too intelligent to celebrate a nerf.

1 Like