2.0 PvP Preview

Yeah, I was just thinking that. xD Okay, so it is higher.

1 Like

I am! :smiley:

Since when the rewards are added up?
In Arena, you gain the last rewards only, no?

Also assuming you do at least 1 ranked game you get a further 500 gold and 50 souls. (At the end of the week)

I don’t really understand what is the purpose of the “Casual” mode… Who is going to use it whereas you can win 3 trophies for your guild with the “Ranked” mode?

In fact, I don’t really like the system of 3 trophies for the most difficult opponent… I am quite active so if I fight against one advanced player the gap in terms of troop stats should be low. But, for a low level player this gap will be huge, no? So that means that these low players could not gain 3 trophies by fight and it will be evident that their trophy contribution will be much lower than a well-advanced player.

Another point: we loose ranked points when we loose a defense. How did you control the distribution of opponents to be sure that one specific player is not bullied?

2 Likes

Do lost battles still lose trophies? Because if they don’t we still might see “accidental disconnects”.

Anyone who wants to test new teams for PvP without the risk of losing anything important. That’s actually the reason this feature was requested by the community.

I’ll assume there is some kind of scaling in place, so the ‘hard’ battle offered for a level 50 player is not the same as the ‘hard’ battle a level 300 will get.

5 Likes

That may be true, especially on Casual+Hard where you have nothing to lose. Still, since trophies are now worth much less than PvP points (which give actual rewards), that does not matter much.

1 Like

How are the PvP rank points adjusted for differing difficulty levels (if at all)?

My guess is that difficulty is going to be properly removed from PVP this time. From what I understand they tried to do that in 1.0.9 but something went wrong and it had to be shelved for 2.0.

1 Like

sooooo…
…the high ranked lvl 1000 players with all legendaries fully traited get the arcane trait stones every week?

not a big fan of the new system in theory - lets see how it really works when it is live^^

5 Likes

In theory yes, but at the same time with the system being “shared” among the whole community, rather than it being essentially PvE against player made teams (which it still is, but there is more riding on each battle than just gold, glory and trophies now) they need to have something in it for everyone, even the higher players. For lower players, even the lowest rewards will be nice. I think it’s mostly the upper-mid players that might not see as much in the way of gains as other groups. Just my speculation though.

Not always… I think we may see some repeats of our Australian hero, Steven Bradbury:

7 Likes

Haha! I remember this happening! This was amazing!

I literally only know that one because of Hover Car Racer.

1 Like

I for one want to see those ai vs ai matches. [quote=“sethrogensbackhair, post:27, topic:6752”]
“see you when 2.0 goes live”
[/quote]

So no new news about an update to summoner classes then?

So if we lose a defense there might be some rng where we might not be able to revenge them then is that true? [quote=“Sirrian, post:36, topic:6752”]
I KNOW that a few people will lose a few points due to honestly unfortunate circumstances, but it’s the only way a system like this can work.
[/quote]

Does this mean skill canceling is in 2.0 so we can’t alt f4 out when a skill can’t be completed?

Tyri is lookin mighty good as a casual.

Could it be that we can collect from al previos teirs as we reach them that fudges the math to be higher for you sirrian cause if so i think it was not fully fleshed out in explination.[quote=“yonizaf, post:47, topic:6752”]
Anyone who wants to test new teams for PvP without the risk of losing anything important. That’s actually the reason this feature was requested by the community.
[/quote]

I did not make this request to my knowledge but i did request a way to test my teams. this fills the latter of the requests and i like it.

Better yet does this mean that level 1000 will only face themselves?

1 Like

As would I, though I doubt they would tell us the data as it would provide a little too much insight into how the AI operates, and how well it does with various troops. … I still want to see it though <.< >.>

Should a thread be made to request an ai deathmatch series from the developers? Like a whose going to win @sirrian’s ai team or @Nimhain ai team? FIGHT!

1 Like

I am told that bug is fixed (at last!)

I believe we’re going to cover that next time. Just wanted cover PVP in the first video.

1 Like