2.0 PvP Preview

6 Likes

Im so hyped cant wait.:slight_smile:

Thanks for the preview!
But I’m wondering, the more I played, the higher rank I will be? If so, that kind of rank might waste players lots of time on those top 10 ranks. I don’t want to see we stuck on this game. :frowning:
As you see, defense loss will lose points, but you know, it’s AI that controls my defend team, so, it might be not fair that defense loss will make my rank fall down. I mean, sometimes not my defense teams are bad, it’s AI don’t know how to play it good.

OMFG. Guess we’re all going to find out if we’re as good as we think we are. And I think my invasion teams are going on defense.

3 Likes

The same… you WILL get a bit more glory however if you revenge them.
The exact numbers for this might change over the first few weeks as we balance things out though… we’ve been testing it with a network of 2000 bot accounts. Nothing can prepare us for what 10’s of thousands of players will actually do though!

5 Likes

Won’t that incentivise people to have weaker Defense teams since they can just make the points back on the Revenge and get better rewards?

… I’d love to see what kind of teams those bots are using :smiley: Sounds like it would be fun to watch…

@Sirrian noticed you said “see you when 2.0 goes live” and not “see you in the next preview” just wishful thinking on my part? :sunglasses:

2 Likes

1 Like

I don’t think so… if you put in a weak defense team you’re going to be a VERY attractive target for people and you might find you get attacked A LOT and lose a whole bunch of points.

4 Likes

Are we still limited to the 3 Revenge matches then?

2 Likes

Not exactly… the system will remember a bunch of your defenses, and occasionally offer you one… once every 2-3 battles usually.

3 Likes

Fair enough, thanks for the answers!

So to sum up, basically a weak team will get you attacked a lot, and you are unlikely to be able to keep up with the losses in PVP points even with the revenge matches, meaning it will be a better strategy to have a stronger defense so you don’t lose as many points.

One last question: Do we get any PVP points for a Defense win?

I assume that… uhhhhm… ‘disconnecting’ from a game now counts as a loss? Please?

I had lots of network outages! My phone ran out of batteries! The bus drove into a tunnel! Gamma radiation! THIS PROVES NOTHING!

6 Likes

“I’m going into a tunnel, in a canyon, on an airplane, while hanging up the phone.”

Yes indeed!

You bet!
I KNOW that a few people will lose a few points due to honestly unfortunate circumstances, but it’s the only way a system like this can work.

8 Likes

Time to quit PVP then (at least for me). I react pretty allergic to leadeboards since I made only bad experiences when they are involved. And casual battles also don’t seem to be worth the time. Maybe 1-2 battles in between farming to spice things up.

I can live with those changes as long as you don’t offer the event troop only as a reward for, let’s say, the best 10%.

2 Likes

My iPhone has a glitch where it crashes whenever a Great Maw eats one of my team… this is so not my fault and Apple refuse to fix it…

11 Likes

You say in the video that rank 5 is the new rank 1 and that rank 1 gives a higher reward than before, but now both of them are less.

Tier 1 in PvP now:

• 2,000 gold
  • 300 souls
  • 10 glory keys
    -100 glory

Tier 1 in PvP in video:

• 1,000 gold
  • 100 souls
  • 10 glory keys
  • 50 glory

Each time you reach a new rank you get to collect the rewards, so add up all rewards prior to rank 5 too :slight_smile:

EDIT: If you did that then I don’t know xD I can’t check the video again my phone internet is far to lame to run a video without 10 minutes loading :S

1 Like