2.0 Known Issues

Maybe the Black Beast can eat himself!

1 Like

Well if I remembered correctly, once all other allies have died, he should still be able to heal and create skulls, even if he can’t eat anyone any more. So either I misremembered that, or this troop is back to being near useless in Arena, which would be a shame because I like using him.

1 Like

Fair enough. If that’s the intent then he’s been like that for at least a few weeks now (at least outside of the arena), as I’ve noticed it a few times in some of the Zaejin challenges. I guess it will be up to @Nimhain or @Sirrian to confirm the design intention on this one.

Yeah, as I said, I might just have misremembered, and it’s working as intended. It’d be good to know. If it’s a feature, it’s too bad but at least I’ll note it down. :slight_smile:

When 1.0.9 released we listed that there was an issue with the Black Beast not healing or creating skulls if he doesn’t devour someone.

Unfortunately the issue is still around, as we have not been able to address it.

3 Likes

Oki, good to know my memory is not that bad yet. Thanks for the reply, I’ll wait for the next fix before I pick him again. Still went 8-0 though. :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t know if this has been mentioned (not going through 600+ posts; sorry), but the pvp tier doesn’t reset until you play a rated game in the new week. It stayed at tier 1 until I played the first game, then it went to tier 16.

I’ve noticed this as well, and keep forgetting to report it. I don’t THINK it’s been mentioned yet. PVP Points do change before that though it seems, meaning it should be mostly cosmetic.

The pvp points did rest to something around 580. I’m not sure why they use that as a baseline. It seems like there is a natural gap to add 5 tier levels. The tier itself didn’t reset with it. It stayed level 1. I thought it was a glitch when my cell phone account didn’t reset it either. I didn’t notice that my main account didn’t either until today. I would have expected it reset as well after you log in.

So this is interesting and maybe helpful. I just opened GoW on my phone only to get tributes, and when I opened it up on Steam some time later, it had set my invade team to my defense team. So it literally was because I opened it, I didn’t even have to go into the PVP menu.

That is because you have been squashing other bugs.

I just noticed while hunting for arcane beast traits tones that turos (spelling is off I’m sure) has been doing his second damage even though in the matches he wasn’t damaged… any one else notice this?

Black Screen in guild chat. Still operable though…

Going back after tabbing out gave me a permanent loading screen which I had to close.

3 Likes

Nice Warcraft III quote :grin:

2 Likes

Sorry if this is well-known or old, but it’s new to me, and I’m not spry enough to find mention of it elsewhere:

I was playing a PvP match just now with my usual team that includes my level 19 Giant Spider, and its ability to summon level 20 Spider Swarms (which is I guess due to it’s magic rating of 20, although my Spider Swarms are only level 12s), but whenever I managed to summon a spider swarm, it was lower level than my usual. The opposing team’s only remaining member was Dokkalfar, and his ability to summon lower level Giant Spiders than the one I had fielded. My spider swarms were (astoundingly!) the exact level of the spider swarms you’d expect to be summoned by the giant spiders that Dokkalfar kept summoning! Now, this battle got to be heinously boring and repetitious, so after ten or so minutes I just retreated, which cost me the ability to see the name of the player I’d been fighting, which will make it harder for you to track this critical issue…but I have to say I’m pretty sure that your program was pulling the spider swarm stats from my opponent, and not from me. Nothing in play prior to my team slaughtering Dokkalfar’s associates could memorably have lowered my Giant Spider’s magic level to the point where my swarms would be as puny as his giant losers’ swarms. Thank you for your kind attention to this critical, critical matter.

1 Like

The preceding screenshot shows a spider swarm I summoned (it’s in my first slot!) with my giant spider. The following screenshot shows the troop as it exists in my troops display.

As can be seen from these screens, I like booze. More than that, however, I was unable in any way to reproduce the original error I encountered in PvP. This fight was with a team that was thrown together by a helpful person in chat whose name I didn’t notice. Vexx was there, so just run your chat logs through the batcave datalyzer and I’m sure this will all be obvious. Do note that I got a much higher level Spider Swarm than the one I have developed on my own. Is that supposed to happen? I like it much better than the problem I had where it was far smaller in stature and capability than my troop…

1 Like

I don’t think this has been seen yet, but there has been a few bug floating around still from the summon changes.

Also if you use Alt+PrtScrn it will only capture your active window, and if you’re in Steam, Steam has an inbuilt screenshot button: F12. In case you don’t want to always show us your desktop :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thank you for the screenshots. We’ll investigate this further.

You’re all welcome, and yes, I knew about the Steam screenshot button, because I hit it accidentally while trying to hit the PrtScrn button. However, and this is key: my screen prints were saved to my readily accessible OneDrive, or whatever that stupid Microsoft thing is called, whereas my Steam shots go somewhere into the bowels of Steam, and I had no desire to muck about in there. Meanwhile, I think you people should just assume I screwed something up in Steam that gives me random spider swarm capabilities.

On two occasions now I’ve had my win streaks ended due to the ai casting soothsayer’s spell when no purple gems are available to target. After the failed cast, AI’s turn is not ended, and they make no moves.

1 Like