2.0 Known Issues

Having given this some more thought I think I can even refine it a bit. There’s four situations, AI wins/loses for you, you win/lose by yourself. Let’s assume we have these two variables:

W - Whatever you would currently get for winning.
P - You current PvP score.

1.) AI wins for you. Your PvP score remains the same (your opponent loses points though).
2.) AI loses for you. Your PvP score remains the same (your opponent gains points though).
3.) You win by yourself. Your PvP score increases by W.
4.) You lose by yourself. Your PvP score decreases by W * P / 1900 points.

The last one might need some explanation. You need 1900 points to reach tier 1 in PvP. The further you are below that threshold, the less your risk, you gain more from winning than you would drop for losing. At tier 1 it’s exactly balanced. Above that it gets increasingly risky, at 19000 points a single loss would cost you as much as you would gain for winning 10 times.

Allows skilled players to climb higher than unskilled players, decoupled from the number of games played. Also doesn’t impact those players much that only want to reach tier 1.

3 Likes

I think the developers are trying to incentivize winning on defense. Your system doesn’t do that, since losing intentionally gets you revenge battles and goodies that way, but winning earns you more meager rewards.

1 Like

I am now at Tier 1 and have not gotten any rewards for tiering up. The same thing happened last week too.

@Spherix your comment “Otherwise it’s all about speed and number of games” . . . . .

It already is that way. Just ask DHJL and Sister.

1 Like

@Nimhain Usually the reward screen goes like this:

1. Victory
  2. Rewards screen
  3. Tier + pvp points
  4. Traitstone

Whenever I get a level-up, the traitstone doesnt show, but instead you get the level up screen and choose a mastery. Guess it’s just not displaying correctly. Too lazy to actually check if I get a traitstone when I level-up.

Sry if that was already reported. Count see myself read 500+ posts to check.

it has been reported and is visual only

It’s a known problem but send a Support ticket (link in header) if you haven’t already to get your tiered rewards refunded.

Working, but I’m not sure how reliably. I’ve had 30 defense losses today, but only 18 revenge opportunities have shown up in matches. Is something wrong with the revenge match system?

Only losing life removes barrier @Pasa, burning can damage armor all day long and barrier will stay up, but if there is no armor and burning would deal damage to health then barrier will fall (this means that the enemy will have to have 2 armor or less) I can confirm this from experience, poison will destroy barrier whenever it triggers because it is life damage

I really like this mechanism, especially part 4… concern that it might incentivise people to use MawTroll defence teams even more though…

1 Like

Except skull damage will be nullified by barrier, and remove the barrier, even if it’s only enough to damage armor?

And an explosion from Gorgotha removes barrier even with full armor.

@Spherix I meant only losing life from status drops barrier, (including surpression), when it comes to spell damage or skull attacks it will prevent all of that damage source

damages from status effects don’t drop barrier unless the target life

Ah so. Not consistent with spell and skull damage that always proc the barrier independently of what it would hurt.

I seem to be getting some real points on my invades now.

I’m nearly lvl900, past whatever the cutoff was for being capped at 40 points. Up until at least 15 minutes ago, all of these fights would have been 8-10 points lower. Same people.

Not sure if this had been covered, scrolled back about 100 posts and did not see…

I am no longer getting rewards after a battle. The new summary rewards screen comes up, but is blank. Anybody else? Hard to get a screen shot as one click advances screen.

@Sirrian mentioned in another thread that they were going to be making some changes to the higher level point gains. I’ll see if I can track down the thread…

EDIT: Here we go

1 Like

Of course, the (defense) losses seem to be 3-4 points more now…

Exactly! It’s the same output. I play a match worth 47 points and lose 11 on defense. No change.

EDIT: Not so bad. The break from attacks helps.

On another note…

I now have no idea how the team rating works. Got a team of four lvl1 untraited Commons and its worth 8045 points??

I mean, Legendary Commons but still…

4 Likes