2.0 Known Issues

I just had two. Lost 26 points … so looks like we’re back to it being difficult to make progress…

1 Like

I’ve had 2 revenge matches, so it appears to be working again.

I am defeated and the opponent is immediately available in my queue. This is not a good system for high level play. I am perpetually spinning my wheels.

What? For defense win I get 3-6 pts and for loss 15-21 minus?

How on earth that makes sense? Considering the gimped AI driving it should be the other way around.

11 Likes

Yeah what the hell. Getting -16 here.

Also just had enemy (resurrected) IK not have Aflame trigger on hit.

Huh…that’s exactly what was happening just after release. I would have thought they’d adjust the numbers when they re-implemented losses. Go figure.

1 Like

I also have four defense losses in this event but only two in my battle log (which is not overflowing).

Again: go figure.

You’re worth 39 points. Highest in my queue.

Given the staggering defense losses this is probably a bad thing.

Otherwise I guess I’m flattered?

Solution: 4 Wraiths on defense.

Hm, someone will need to do the math on whether it’s best to be weak (and lose all matches, banking on people picking on hard targets) or strong (and losing more often to progressing players) or in between…

1 Like

I don’t have four Wraiths.

I have skipped you twice now. My options are rather limited.

I have two defense losses, but have not been able to get revenge.

Is that how it is supposed to work? Should I not be seeing REVENGE in the ranked lineup?

Then again, let’s all just remember that the greatest revenge is compassion

Yeah, Whateva. The truth is I would like to pop a cap in the glasshat, dinglehoffer that ate my AI.

and the PvP point scoring system has become a joke once more…

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure that the developers have a fix in mind. At least, I sure hope they do. :fearful:

1 Like

I’ve never understood the reasoning for losing a trophy or now with 2.0 losing points. You go into a match and if you win you get points. If you lose then the opponent gets the points. You shouldn’t lose a trophy from a previous winning battle for losing the current one and I don’t see why you should lose points as further punishment for losing. The fact that the opponent will now progress on the leaderboard while you stay where you are or possibly fall a place or two should be punishment enough.

I know you don’t lose trophies anymore just using it as part of my explanation.

Im guessing they accidentally rolled something back with the weekly update. That said, I think they made defense losses a little too weak when it finally settled down last week.

The point of losing points is to keep inflation down, to keep the top ranks reachable. Otherwise, it’s all about speed and number of games, and having an early start means it’s impossible for someone else to ever catch up. The goal is to measure how well people play, not just how much or how fast.

Granted, there are some problems when this is applied to a system where you only participate in some of the battles, and the AI plays for you in others. Feel free to attempt to design something better though.

Okay, here goes:

1.) Remove points gained/lost for games the AI plays for you.
2.) Increase the penalty for losing games yourself, to at least five times of what you would get for winning at higher ranks.

Now it starts to matter how well you play, instead of how many other players manage to draft you as opponent.

1 Like

If I remember correctly, under pre-2.0, once you reached PvP 1, you only received 1 trophy per win. So before the loss of a trophy was implemented, some players were exploiting the system where they could Alt-F4 out of a match and somehow keep below the PvP 1 rank but continue to win 2 trophies per win. I’m not exactly sure how that all works because it seems the 2 trophy win would still cause you to continue climbing on the PvP ladder, but it was something like that… maybe someone else can explain it better or clarify it :slight_smile:

1 Like