100 things you wish you knew about Gems of War [DONE]

@volk @Annaerith I don’t know how to reply to two people, so I @'ed you both.

This is good info!

As you can see from video #4 I’m not afraid of saying things that might be controversial, that said, I try to avoid hard “do this” or “do that” in my videos and prefer the “here’s how it works, here’s what I think” approach.

So what would be a couple of “soundbites” that I could say?

This is just brainstorming but something like:

“Your team power goes up as a combination of (kingdom power, guild… etc) and correspondingly, the teams offered in PvP go up as well. If you want to slow your game progress to take advantage of X, do Y. If not you can do Z.”

Well, things you want to avoid if you dont want your game progress to skyrocket :

• Levelling your kingdoms (like the armor ones which aren’t all that important)
  • Fully traiting troups, especially if they are legendaries
  • Levelling legendaries you won’t use
  • Joining a high level guild (because it raise your stats and masteries which is worth a lot of points)

i didnt have time to add but this is also essential:

the main factor for pvp difficulty increase at early game is not general “player value” but the account level

so while early the pvp might seem hard, if there is any chance to be able to win pvp battles already - its probably better to just grab it while the difficulty is low. many players early on are scared to pvp and prefer to raise their account level before trying, as in to get stronger, but focusing on icreasing account level leads to the opposite of wanted effect.

1 Like

Just to make sure I’m reading this right…

Are you saying that those using Ashtender’s account linking feature are at risk of permanent, no-appeal account banning?

Considering Ashtender’s extremely high visibility on these boards, I find it impossible to believe that @Sirrian and @Nimhain wouldn’t have reached out to @Lyya if that were the case. I also refuse to believe she would continue to offer the feature if she got any pushback from them whatsoever.

So hopefully I’m just reading this wrong.

2 Likes

No, you aren’t at risk. When you sign up to her site to use the collection, you personally are not making calls to the GoW servers. (Presumably, Lyya’s IP could be at risk however.) That Sirrian warning was made to people explicitly using the unofficial API that Sam published with their credentials to interface with the GoW servers.

6 Likes

Asha is correct. Your account is not at risk by using my site. The risk you assume is that, if you distribute your permalink, other people will be able to see your troop progression. This information is not exposed officially. Otherwise, everything functions exactly as if I had looked up your profile by tapping your name in chat (for example).

6 Likes

Why when asked about it you said yeah, there is a possibility of ban with any unauthorized API calls?

Im probably missing something obvious as usual lol

I may not have been clear. The possibility of a ban is there, but it’d be my account or my IP that gets banned, not yours. It’s a risk I am assuming; if I get banned then the service I provide will cease, but your account would not be affected.

6 Likes

Btw, this isn’t quite accurate. The Troop comes with maybe 1 or 2 arcane traitstones when you purchase a glory chest from the weekly offerings in the store - which those arcane are to help get one of the traits. You will need to get others that are not included to get the other traits . Case in point this week I am working on Shadowblade. Absolutely love him and want that second trait enabled - I need Runic water and magic (6 of each) - Get them through Glory Chests and Gem Chests - otherwise I am farming farming farming.

But that’s just one troop. There are 300+ and all need arcane stones.

I dunno… Before I start recommending it to other people in a video, I would have to be totally confident that you’re right about this. What Sirran says here in regards to the API and “account banning” sounds pretty clear… GoW Official API!

I’m curious how some IP could make calls about my account and it trigger a ban on your account? I feel like I’m not seeing something…

It’s made about your account, but by mine.

You won’t get confirmation from the devs on this, and that’s okay. I don’t mind if you choose not to highlight this feature in a video as a result. I’m just clarifying for the forum membership that it’s my account and IP at stake, not my users’.

4 Likes

Oh yes I’m more just interested in the technical aspect rather than anything else.

I boost your site all the time so people will find it if they want to

@Volk @Annaerith

I still don’t have enough info to comfortably make a recommendation. I don’t understand why you would favor one strategy over the other.

You have to kind of spoon feed me here. This is an area of the game I have been completely blind to.

Can you reccomend simple advice along the lines of (possibly over-simplified):

"Do A if you want B, but if you want C, do D instead.  Here are the pro/cons of A, here are the pro/cons of B"
1 Like

the most simplified is:

• dont be afraid to pvp, if you get new deck strategy try again maybe you can beat pvp with it
  • dont focus on leveling account, instead try to get directly better cards or develop the ones that work for you
  • if you want to maximise your chances to NOT increase pvp difficulty but still gain resources do more treasure hunting instead of other activities
  • developing any random card will not increase your pvp difficulty, developing the most developed card you own and the cards that you are using - will or can increase the difficulty

thats all i can think of for now, will get back at you later

1 Like

Not sure if it was covered, but in game you can type “mythic”, “legend”, “epic”, “ultra”, “rare”, “common” in the troop search box to get a list of troops at that rarity (current, not base). Note that “rare” will also get ultra-rare as well as Dragonmoth (his spell is infRAREd, so it triggers).

What exactly are you talking about I’m a bit lost?

From what I gather, fully levelling your kingdoms doubles your Tribute chance to 20% and triples your actual Tribute reward from those kingdoms. And yet people report that they see a REDUCTION in the amount of gold they get from Tributes (or is it from PvP?) while at the same time, the game difficulty has increased?

Yes that part’s interesting. I recently made traited Gorgotha mythic, and was surprised that my defend team score didn’t increase at all. Of course, Gorgotha isn’t in any of my team slots and I haven’t used him much.

I also wish the difficulty ramping were spelt out a little more clearly. Really not interested in running into the end-gamer’s current dilemma of playing the same opponents over and over again ad nauseum.

In my case there appeared to be a definite uptick in difficulty that occurred around level 290, and another one around 400. Still, I can’t discount that the constant in-game updates may have coincidentally tweaked AI behaviour around the same timeframe.

from my observation the biggest difficulty spike, after player account alone, occures around the time when the player starts completing his kingdoms to lv10, and another when 5*ing them

about lv10 kingdom spike & benefits: if you compare lv9 to lv10 the difference in benefits -beside the bonus stat point- are low in comparison to the difficulty spike

also i can mention if you give up most of the bonus stats from lv10x5* kingsoms you stay around like 2k team score lower from the maximum

the gold drop is in PVP maximum gold offered, the minimum raises along with you but the maximum raises along only as long as there is still “power” distance between you and the evenemy, when you are close to reaching maximum “player value” and the distance is enclosing the maximum gold begins to shrink down to the minimum

it has nothing to do with the tributes

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying that @Annaerith. Makes sense to me now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can anyone explain to me how the +25% to their skills work not understanding as well as the troops gaining +25% to skills totally lost here _help_please__thank you