100 things you wish you knew about Gems of War [DONE]

the “skills” here means only the stats so:
life armor magic and attack

Part 5 is up. YouTube link embedded at bottom of OP.

edit: OOPS I did a MAJOR whoopsie… hold tight for fix.

edit: FIXED

edit: OH MY WORD AGAIN

1 Like

Ok after a litany of errors, I finally have Part 5 up !

:wind_blowing_face::weary:

:laughing:

2 Likes

Thank you. Question about the Color on Mana / Magic when you collect Mana. How come my mana to charge my troop is different than my Magic number? How do they work together?

Another question that has always mystified me, is a bit more complicated. I have Soul Blade which does 28 damage. However sometimes (and I have not figured out why) I go to a different kingdom in Explore mode and it’s at 30 and I haven’t done anything different. In fact can’t seem to figure out why this gets triggered.

are you sure it is not a “blessing” trait procing into +2 magic?
also could be guild statue bonus turning on/off

1 Like

I don’t follow what you’re referring to. Are you talking about the “Bonus Mana” animation that allows you to know what Banner the AI team is using?

i think he means in the card “spell page” on top left - when troop needs mana it shows colors and amount of mana needed - while when troop is filled it shows number of magic that troop has instead,
it can be a little confusing at first

Yes it can be very confusing.

I’ve never liked that the Magic UI element and the Mana UI element occupy the same rough area.

true its not the simplest design but i find it very practical (considering the tiny space devs have to work with for mobile)

The fundamental problem IMO is that the Magic stat does not ever need to be displayed on the main card in the Fight interface. I don’t care what the Magic stat is because it doesn’t tell me enough that I can actually do something with that information; what I care about is the specifics of what my spell does which are on the Spell Details card when I click my troop.

3 Likes

The final video is up.

Thank you to everybody that helped make this series come alive !!!

3 Likes

bump, @KrudlerTheHorse will you be ok with it if it goes to community guides? i think it deserves a place where all the new players could find it more easily :grin:

Yes, it should probably go there, if you can do so please go ahead :slight_smile:

1 Like

done. 10chars

1 Like

bump
could we have one guide for new players be stick on top of the cathegory please?
could be this one :slight_smile:

1 Like

What a compliment :slight_smile:

Thanks to everybody for helping put this together :slight_smile:

For those interested, I also have a “Core Strategy” series which a different kind of beginner guide. It’s over here: null - YouTube

edit: I also forgot about the “Mega Team-building Tutorial”… it’s 20 minutes long but absolutely PACKED with information: - YouTube

2 Likes

I just finished watching all of the videos myself. The best I have seen so far. Thank you!

2 Likes

How up-to-date are all these videos and the advice given in them?
Is anything wrong or different nowadays?

It’s been a bit since I’ve watched them, but overall, the advice would still be relevant and good. The videos wouldn’t cover any of the newer content like Raids, Invasions, Pets, Bounties, etc., but they would still give good general advice. There have been some interface changes as well, but overall, I’d say they are still worth a watch. Odds are good you’ll learn a few things.

Edit: I just reviewed the topic list and all but a couple items are still 100% relevant. The only ones that might be questionable or out-of-date now are some of the stuff on the hero classes (all perks apply now - you don’t have to choose one, and there are more classes), the “game is not p2w” discussion is arguably a bit more complicated now with the introduction of Raid/Invasion/Bounty/Pets (though you can still accomplish everything in the game without spending money) and there have been a lot of changes to the User Interface, so where to find and how to do certain things may be different than in the videos. For example, TH and Arena are found exclusively in the “Games” menu now, the hero and kingdom interfaces are quite different, etc.

1 Like

A beginner question: The trait of the bard with 50% more mana- does it effect only the hero or the whole team? I reckon it is for the whole team but am unsure. Thanks in advance :slight_smile: