1.0.8 Preview Part 3 - Shop and Kingdoms

A note on free scouting. I hope its made without the need to click the scouting button once its activated. Would save a lot more time.

4 Likes

I couldnt agree more.

It seems to me that you cannot obtain VIP points when buying gems (only “gems daily” and special packs…).
Is it right?
And can we have some informations about how much VIP points we need to level up?

I thought it was the other way around, you only get VIP points when buying regular gem packs, NOT the gems daily or special packs…

It’s both actually!

I think it’s misleading. On your top figure, you circle the VIP shield which means to me “for VIP people only”. For gem sale, it will provide a discount but there is no “+X VIP points” like for “Daily gems” and special packs.

It’s not.

Buying regular gem packs also rewards VIP Points, but you’ll have to click the offer to know how many you’ll earn.

On this video, it’s misleading because Sirrian didn’t click so how can we know?
And can we know how much VIP points we gain for each gem packs?
EDIT: Are you a dev, Zelfore?

for each dollar you spend you get 5 vip points

Yes @Machiknight is correct. US$1* = 5 VIP Points

Edit*: That ratio may vary based on different currencies

To clarify those images
If you haven’t spent yet, we will show you how many VIP points you get on those basic gems packs
If you HAVE spent, we instead show you how many bonus Gems you will receive (we could have shown both, but it looked cluttered)

When the confirmation popup appears before the purchase it WILL show how many VIP points a purchase is worth

And the VIP System will retroactively include our previous purchases before 1.0.8?
I think I can dig up all my electronic receipts from my mailbox…

Yes - all purchases were recorded on our servers going back to day 1, I believe… all the VIP points you’ve earned in the past will be awarded

2 Likes

Or if you are playing on Steam, you can go to the Badges, find Gems of war, click on “how do I earn more cards” it will tell you how much money you spent.

At this stage we can pretty much just wait for it to go live and figure it out then… but I, also, would like to know how many VIP points we need to hit lvl10.

The new kingdom system gives us back that reason to actually max out things, which is good. On the other hand, I hope this doesn’t continue to restrict us to 8 troops per kingdom. While we’ve been seeing another kingdom unveiled every two months like clockwork for a while now, having some more flavor for existing ones who haven’t seen anything in ages would be great - particularly ones where it’s nearly impossible to make a good team (not that a troop should be made just for that purpose).

My read on what was shown in the video is that you need to earn enough Kingdom Power points to level your Kingdom to max and these points come from acquiring Troops, crafting Traits and levelling Troops.

Presumably every Kingdom has at least enough Troops already such that you can gain enough points to max out Kingdom Power, which means that Kingdoms with more Troops just make it slightly easier to max Kingdom Power.

Hence there is no reason to limit Troops per Kingdom, although there’s some encouragement to keep Kingdom Troop numbers somewhat balanced.

The question is whether maxing out a kingdom via points will require absolutely 100% everything. Because if that is the case, adding more things to it would provide some flexibility - say, if we could upgrade 10 troops to lvl15 and not use traitstones on half of them - and then that 100% aspect is gone.

Of course, with ascension levels in the mix, it becomes very difficult to make that 100% thing happen for real, so there is likely enough overlap already that it won’t be both possible and enforceable.

You are doing the game a pay to win, I understand yuo have to earn money but this VIP system won’t give you more money, it will reduce the player number

That’s what I keep saying! :smile:

Free players will be able to obtain anything a VIP player can so no it’s not turining into a pay to win. If you play more then them you’ll get more then people who pay will get. Yes they will get more gold with less playing but no status or troop bonuses to make your fight against them harder. I am a free player and don’t have money to buy anything so I am not taking sides, I’m just saying how stuff will be. I 100% agree that players who contribute to this awesome development team should get more in return like VIP they will get. If I could I would pay myself, not for the need of anything, just to support this guys who are doing a hard job to give as new content constantly.

5 Likes

Nah, he is just a person who spends way too much time on the forum :stuck_out_tongue:

In the video Sirrian said you get 5 points for every dollar you spend, no? I think I only registered that information, so didn’t notice anything to confuse me :slight_smile: