1.0.8 Preview Part 1 - Chests and Keys!

Yes! A preview for the preview please xD

Haha! Very observant - that was actually Nimhain’s home kingdom though… her character on our test servers is called “QA Cat”.
My Home Kingdom is Whitehelm, just because I like the shield!

I wonder what are those stars below kingdom pictures :neutral_face:

I guess Sirian always felt at home in the knights’ kingdoms, eh? :wink:

Hotel ratings. Obviously :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just one think:

patch 1.0.7 : 450 gems → 40 magic key
patch 1.0.8 : 450 gems → 50 gems key

and the conversion is:
1 magic key → 1 gems key or 2 gold key

hmmm, was it implied that the conversion would be beneficial

I can not find here !!

I will spend my magic key before the patch

and can we know an estimated date of arrival of the patch ?

1 Like

Magic keys hold three troops while the new gem keys only give you one right? Unless the base chances for higher rarities are three times better than they are now I cannot see how gem keys are better than the current premium keys.

Hmm i made a mistake:

1 magic key → 1 gems key + 2 gold key
so it’s ok

+1 for this, having an approximate date would be really convenient.

And for @xSidarothx video says that actually gem keys have 4 times higher chance for higher rarities. In comparison to magic keys which have 3 times higher chance.

The approximate release date for 1.0.8 is before December 21st, if everything goes well.
Otherwise it’ll be approximately after January 4th.

Cross your fingers and hope mid-December! Hope for a Holiday Miracle that nothing goes wrong!
(P.S. Just jinxed it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

2 Likes

I suppose it could mean a couple different things. Could be that it indicates the kingdom level, though there is the little shield below each that said 10, so I’m not very certain about that one. Could be it indicates how many troops you’ve got from each kingdom. Could be it indicates how far in the quest, though that seems unlikely too. Or maaaaaybe the kingdoms have some kind of upgrade too…?? Haha I doubt that too. These are all wild guesses! Nothing seems obvious, so who knows!

Also, I wonder what the little green shield next to the hero means… Hero level? It also said 10. I didn’t pay quite close attention, but I didn’t think the hud changed much otherwise…

I can’t watch videos with sound at work, any chance for the transcript / bullet version of the update? I feel all left out and stuff. :smiley:

-Razlath

I think it’s for the passive abilities, there was some mention that troops from different kingdoms will have unique passive abilities (that are connected with their kingdoms) so stars maybe indicate how far skills have been upgraded for that kingdom. But this is also a wild guess.

Summary?

Gold Keys = 1x Common/Rare
Glory Keys = 1x Rare+
Gem Keys = 1x Ultra+
Event Keys = 1x event-specific troops, i.e. kingdom based - so good for newly released kingdoms.
VIP Keys = we don’t know.

Keys can also give us resources instead of troops, looks like more than a troop would be worth. This is also where we get Traitstones, which as far as we know are used to give troops passive traits; they have their own tiers corresponding to troop rarities.

Existing keys will be converted into new keys based on that last bit in the video - so 1x Iron = 1x Glory PLUS 2x Gold, and 1x Magic = 1x Gem PLUS 2x Gold. This is roughly equal to the current scheme of things where Iron is three troops including at least one Rare and the same for Magic with Ultras.

Gem Keys have a higher chance of legendaries than Magic Keys did (although how this works with less troops is unknown).

The price of Glory Keys (in Glory) is apparently not a big deal, I heard something about us getting Glory from PVP.

… not necessarily in that order.

2 Likes

Thanks Shimrra!

Any word on whether keys will be skewed to favor (not guarantee) cards you don’t have? I have seen this approach taken in other games with pretty good effect. It helps a bit when fighting the RNG element of loot crates.

-Razlath

No mentions about it in the video.

Why are consoles so behind on patches?

Basically this. I think. Probably?

@Sirrian At the end of the video, you said “see you when 1.0.8. goes live.”

Does that mean that video previews 2 and 3 were a red herring? Or that you youself won’t be doing those previews? :slight_smile:

Also since you are adding multiple openings, i think a slider with a custom number would work wonders, if you can make a useful formula that scaled decently :smiley:

@CrowdedWorlds @Sirrian

What changes will the new key and glory system bring to the treasure hunt? Hints so we know if we should stash or burn our maps?

Excellent work on this game all around btw.