Was this week's event supposed to be THIS hard?

Yeah, I had this thought last night while completing. Bouncing around the map to search for these things is not fun. I wasn’t using the difficulty reset because that feels like an exploit.

IMO, explore needs a new interface in general. Should let you switch kingdoms on the fly (via dropdown or something) and put an end to kicking back to world map.

The explore memory leak (consistent slowdown/stuttering after ~10 explore battles) isn’t helping things with this event, either.

4 Likes

If they would just bring to the explore matchup screen (with player team and ai team) in the same kingdom post battle that would go a LONG way to making me happy! Taking the player back to the map is ridiculous, they don’t do it for PVP, thank god, they shouldn’t do it for Explore.

And a repick button. They need a repick button, like casual PvP. And difficulty shuffling to repick should not be a thing. This event would be a lot more tolerable to a lot more people if you could just use 50 gold to shuffle teams instead of suffering load times and a bunch of menus.

3 Likes

Personally i don’t feel forced, more like rewarded for spending a short time in a certain in-game activity.

It might not be very appealing as it surely gets tiresome if you have this mental state of “I need to do this to get that…” and this state of mind can be applied for anything on GoW. To me PVP is much more bothersome in this sense, as it is farming seals on weeks i have less time to spend in the game…

To break the monotony i’m even playing TH here and there again.

1 Like

thanks, i was wondering where the memory leak comes from, at least now i know, i wonder are devs aware?

2 Likes

I don’t understand why some people feel obligated to do the events. I just see them as a bonus. Previously, we didn’t even have the option and now we do, sometimes it’s something we’re already doing, PVP for instance, and sometimes it’s something we wouldn’t normally waste time on, TH for instance.

For those events that I don’t care for, I either don’t do them or do them partially. So this week, I’m only doing the first 50 snots.

9 Likes

It’s not about feeling obligated to do the events. It’s about the game mode being made irrelevant when the task is too difficult. your response just proves that. I’m sure the devs didn’t take the time to create the system so that people would just say “skip it.”

1 Like

I think the devs probably understand play habits in GoW enough to know that no event will attract all players especially if they add unique aspects to them. For example, there are many people that aren’t interested in TH events because they don’t like TH. Clearly, events aren’t designed to appeal to every single player every single week.

Like Draprion, I finish some events completely and do some partially. On rare occasions, I skip them altogether. (That generally happens for TH events; I just don’t have the time.) Anyway, every week isn’t for me and that’s ok.

5 Likes

that is precisely why im glad event rewards are as “high” as they are, if they were significantly higher id feel bad when the event says to do something i dont like

1 Like

I’ve seen it posted on the forums but I don’t think I saw a dev response. I’ve asked directly in chat with no response as well.

I started noticing slowdowns shortly after 2.0, though I had only been playing a few weeks at that point so may not have explored enough to notice prior to that. For a long time I didn’t think it was explore related, but now that I’ve started exploring less (essentially done with kingdoms) it definitely seems to be the case. Only time I experience it.

1 Like

“I just Retreat at the beginning…”

So from my post I guess it should have been clear that I was going into the match (how else would you Retreat?), and then Retreating.

Sorry I missed the memo that everyone else seemed to understand we were talking about scouting, and then backing out before starting the match.

I understand that SOME events aren’t appealing to everybody.

However, if you look at the prevailing sentiment, many people are saying NONE of the events are appealing. That is a problem.

Relax, it wasn’t completely clear. That’s why I asked.

Well, I’m not sure how much you can assume from posts on the forum. Forum users are always a very small percentage of customers for any game. This forum heavily skews towards vocal end-gamers as well.

I’d be curious to see the dev stats about event participation. Back in the old days, they said the old event system was very successful in their eyes. Yet, people on the forum often called them lame, and said they didn’t bother with them.

Yeah, I can only make my assumptions based on the data I have. The actually reality could be far from what we see here. Although I will say that my dozens of guild mates (in two different guilds) most of which weren’t on the forums said the same thing - not really worth the time.

I have completely skipped this week’s event. And last week’s event too. But maybe they are interesting for newer players?

1 Like

Me too.

I’m not sure about the current event system since I haven’t seen a dev comment on how successful or unsuccessful the current system has been. However, they said the old system was successful with early game players.

To no one in particular:

What have you got there? First world problems?

Tell it to my gym instructor / nutritionist / karma adjustor.

That was the basis of my original argument.

I can understand if end-gamers or highly-active players think they’re not an efficient way to utilize time.

But for new players, even getting to the middle and getting the 3 Epic cards is a big boost to their early game decks. If the event is so hard that they can’t even get there, there’s something wrong with the Event IMHO.

2 Likes

My general take away is that after I complete guild reqs its an opportunity for me to earn some free swag.
I used to try to at least get the troops each week, now I don’t even do that. Just whatever falls my way during the course of normal play. I’ll take my “extra” goodies and say thank you.

From a different perspective: I can see how as an early game, low level, player these events would be THE BOMB! Little to no Guild reqs means that I am free to do whatever I want and this is a clear way to target rewards that are fairly substantial. Most events offer close to 100+ gems, which means with a month of max events a low level player can get their Celestial Armor or Dragon Armor. That is a BIG CARROT to low level players. :wink:

4 Likes