Top 50 Guild League Table History

True, I don’t play it myself but some of my guild mates do, particularly at the start of the week to grind gold/glory… I wasn’t referring just to ranked PvP :wink:

1 Like

Yes here for trophies the majority are coming from arena and I wouldn’t assign that towards the popularity of the dawnbringer as opposed to how the current meta is so limited in variety and unfulfilling to play repeatedly. If the Dawnbringer was to removed from the game with the current meta in place it would likely be a game breaker atm.

2 Likes

What’s up? The Weekly Top 50 update is up!

The weekly record was topped once more, stretched from 105,000 to 109,000 in a week by Anonymous. It’s unfortunate that this week we had the problematic 3.2 update and briefly, the Princess Elspeth bug, which it appears many Top 50 guilds benefited from accelerated trophy earnings during that brief period.

I record the statistics as they exist. I’m not surprised the devs have chosen not to take any action on those exploiting the bug, since it would be very difficult to accurately roll-back only exploit gains. So since the devs have not acted, my records continue to show the statistics as they stand.

Weekly Top 50:

1. Anonymous
  2. Intrim
  3. TUF: Unrepentant
  4. Marshal
  5. Dominant
  6. Últimos Guardianes
  7. Hoguns
  8. Solophobia
  9. francaise
  10. Artista
15 Likes

Nice one. Shout out to all who made this possible!

1 Like

Shout out to devs, who made it possible.

1 Like

Haha indeed, mustn’t forget the Devs.

I thought we weren’t supposed to take advantage of bugs. Guess I was wrong. I’ll jump on the bandwagon next time.

At least we had two of our heavy hitters from TUF:Abaddon visiting for the week to help make up for not using it.

2 Likes

Fun fact #1 - It wasn’t a normal push. Only 2/3 participated
Fun fact #2 - We did the math, and arena was still more trophy efficient despite the super bug
Fun fact #3 - Unicorns aren’t that special

2 Likes

Coming to you from (just after) PAX Australia, the Weekly Top 50 update!

Weekly Top 10:

1. Intrim
  2. francaise
  3. Anonymous
  4. Rock$tar
  5. TUF: Unrepentant
  6. Solophobia
  7. Dominant
  8. Últimos Guardianes
  9. Artista
  10. Marthos Guardians
16 Likes

Have you had the time to study the influence of the x4 speed on the activity of the guilds?

I have the feeling that there are a few very active guilds that are moving up very fast, but that the activity of the other guilds seem to decrease a little, on the contrary. In the top 50 and out of it. As there are some growing guilds that I expected to see in the top 50 fast and that still have not reached it.
I am wondering if it is just a feeling that I have and if figures are corroborating it or showing the contrary.

1 Like

No sadly I have not, but without doing the calcs yet, my feeling is the same as yours.

1 Like

It’s the Weekly Top 50 update for your statistical enjoyment!

Weekly Top 10:

1. Intrim
  2. Anonymous
  3. TUF: Unrepentant
  4. Últimos Guardianes
  5. francaise
  6. Marthos Guardians
  7. Solophobia
  8. Rock$tar
  9. Artista
  10. Magix
15 Likes

I’ve been working on something all day to help with this question. Should have something tomorrow.

One question, what was the date that 4x was implemented?

Hi Aelthwyn,
I finished a mod to my utilities page which will allow you to see the influence of the 4x speeds on each guild in the top 50. Please go to our utilities forum discussion to read more about this. (You will need to know the date when the 4x speed was released)

Sorry if I see your posts only know. It has been released on PC on June 20. On Mobile I am not sure… I would say August 31. Someone correct me if I am wrong!

Thanks a lot for your hard work.
I am lazy and was hoping that someone would have made an analysis of all these data provided by @actreal and now by you. :stuck_out_tongue:

I was hoping that the line charts would clearly show the before and after and make this as easy as it could be.

I hope my posts haven’t seemed offensive, as it was not my intention at all. English is not my first language and I am probably not explaining myself very clearly.

I am sure that your charts are going to help many people. What I am trying to say is that the data you are providing were already available for who wanted them. They have been available since this thread has been created.
I like to provide my guilds with figures and stats, so I already have charts like the ones you have added to your website. Of course mine can’t be compared to yours, because they are not automatic. Making them takes me a lot more time than just checking your website. And they are not as beautiful and handy. But I already had the information.

However seeing a chart and being able to read it, to understand it and to explain it, are quite different things. The trophies that the guilds are making each week don’t depend only on 4x speed. Many other factors are involved: the nature of the weekly events, members leaving, recruitment, changes of GL, push weeks, trophy penalties… and many other things.
Plus the chart for a guild will be very different from the chart for another guild. It would be interesting to compare them all, before and after X4 speed, to see if some general trends appear.

All that requires a lot of knowledge and a lot of time. I don’t have that knowledge, and I was hoping that actreal could have it. Which is why I asked if he had done some analysis. As for the time obviously he doesn’t have it, and I can’t blame him for that. The work he has been doing for 2 years is already amazing.

2 Likes

I understand and I’m sorry I couldn’t help more. Best of luck.

1 Like

I think your comments relate closely to issues I’ve been having as I try to create a coherent history of my Guild.

I used this excellent top 50 spreadsheet for my raw figures, however in charting the numbers 2 issues became obvious:

1. The ‘average’ number of trophies any guild is bringing in has increased over the two years documented due to changes in the rules and scoring. In the chart below this is most obvious around the time of the 2.0 release in May 2016-- this was when 2 and 3 trophy PVP matches were introduced. Consequently almost overnight the average take of all guilds more than doubled. I’d like to ‘normalize’ this change out of my chart but am not a statistician so not sure of the best way to do this.

2. Over the past 2 years the nature of top 50 guilds has changed. In Nov 2015 my Guild was in the top 20… we never changed, but the competition did. As more and more ‘hardcore’ guilds formed, ‘casual-competitive’ guilds like my own have steadily moved down the rankings, in spite of (more modest) increases in trophy takes. I’m fine with that, but again it means doing 9000 trophies a week means something very different than it did a year ago.

Here’s a chart that helps illustrate both points. The blue line is my guild’s weekly score over 2 years. The red line is the average trophy take of guilds ranked 20-50 (I left out the top 20 to avoid distortions from Anonymous and other heavy-hitter guilds).

If anyone can help me ‘normalize’ the left side of the chart without just making stuff up, I’d be grateful!

Also: if anyone has data for the top guilds from prior to Nov 2015 I’d love to see it!

PS-- this chart uses a 5 week moving average to smooth out all the spikes…

2 Likes

excuse me where is STRATAGEM currently in 5th please