The update is here!

@Mr.Strange

Ok, I wrote in another post about my 3 RL friends that play on console. I have spoken to two of them directly. In the previous post I mentioned one of the guys was ignoring tasks entirely. Well he has stopped playing, so he fits perfectly with your data set. I told him about the changes in the update and would that have encouraged him to come back or keep playing… NOPE to both. Although, he does prefer FPS, in those games he ignores/hates doing bounties/assignments as well.

Second friend enjoyed the Tasks before, does not like the new ones “because they take too long to finish after work”. Still playing not sure how much longer he will continue. According to him Tasks are unrelated to his playing or stopping, other games are more of a factor.

I did not speak to the 3rd.

All three started playing because of me. None of them are on the forums, I stared playing because I enjoyed Puzzle Quest on the 360. Just a bit of insight the raw data does not give.

1 Like

Demo,
I’m in the guild. I’m on a mini vacation/golf trip since Fri morning so I will tell you what I get when I get back and log in. There should be a decent amount.

I hope so :slight_smile:
And I know You re in the guild Strat :slight_smile:
Have a nice weekend

I’ve tried, but I can’t get my laptop in my pocket lol. Jokes aside my breaks at work arent long enough to justify bringing a laptop with me, nor would i be able to use it while commuting due to lack of wifi I’m not sure about the ps4 psp syncing however I am sure that not every ps4 owner has a psp.

1 Like

Vita works too, though you’ll face the same issues.

you can play this game on the vita?

Remote Play.

If you set up the ps4 so you can access it through the internet then you could use the vita to remote in each hour ad well to collect tribute. Of course the vita would need to be connected to the net but some do have 3g built in while otherwise you’d connect through WiFi to something that can see the net.

1 Like

Man, this last update killed it for me. I was a paying customer too.

Tasks are nearly pointless and boring now. Really, am I supposed to level up an entire specialized team (no more getting souls from tasks either!), do 20 boring battles because I don’t like the team, then get 5 gems? I can’t skip the task to get one I may dislike less? I can understand some changes, but going the route of making tasks too easy to making them undesirable to even look at is too much.

Arena has no trait stone rewards?

How am I supposed to get glory now? It will take a over a month of heavy play to get something in the rewards shop with the extremely large amount of 3 per PvP match…

Gathering souls seems like a long haul now. If I planned to still play, I would be kicking myself for wasting thousands of my souls saved up to level the new hero classes to max…Heros are still underpowered to the extreme.

With making tasks so boring and tedious, along with making it much harder to get souls, there is little to do on the game past getting to rank 1 on PvP. Doing that will be impossible for new players now too that aren’t willing to spend money. Nearly everyone on PvP has a max leveled team of purple or better it seems. How can a new player compete with that? I am sure it will frustrate them very quickly into quitting because they can’t win a single PvP match.

Sweet sauce. That makes me want a ps4 over a xbone.

I’m not sure what level you are or how developed your troops are. A few things that may help you based on my own experiences both with having a developed squad on console and starting out on PC.

Join an active guild. This above anything else. You don’t need to be in a top one but If you’re in one where everyone does play and donate, the key and gem rewards will add up which both can be used for chests and armors (if you need them).

Maps. Even the smallest of returns on maps should still get you some gold, souls, glory, and traitstones. Tyri can help get you more if you need them.

Valkyrie. Build all your teams around her. Yes it’s annoying to have to rely on her but there’s no better alternative.

Develop your kingdoms and sign on frequently to earn as much tribute as possible. I have Whitehelm has my home kingdom for maximum glory returns. Yesterday I earned several hundred glory just by logging in and doing nothing else.

It may seem frustrating at first but within a month I managed to get from Level 80 on PC to about 180 now with most troops and a 5* kingdom (granted it had 10 troops so it was fairly easy but 3* should be attainable to maximize tribute chances). So while things may seem hard and slow at the start, it should escalate quickly.

We at pc/mobile get traitstones. [quote=“Nivisec, post:128, topic:8989”]
Gathering souls seems like a long haul now.
[/quote]

Did they not increase the souls gain in arena from 2-300 to 500?

There are no traitstone rewards for completing arena on PC/mobile either. Just the 1 you may gain after each fight.

that was the one i was referring to. I thought that they had been removed from those fights for you guys.

I’d imagine a lot of people are thinking the same. Progress is just so slow and the console version really doesn’t feel like it’s catching up with content.

I’d say I have played this game more than is reasonable (for the average player) and I am nowhere near all level 10 or 3 star kingdoms (I have only one that is 2 star, got for glory in latest tribute). This feeling of little progress, coupled with slow console updates, has made the issue with removing daily tasks feel like a death nail.

Was torturous getting to the guilds requirement this week. Need more troops, kingdoms and features quick

What level are you?

I am level 180

Oh I am not referring to me about new players part. Just new players in general is what I was talking about. I’ve been playing a while, or was. I’d probably have quit a long time ago though if progress was as slow as it’ll be for new players now though.

There is nothing to do when I log on other than hit PvP Rank 1 in an hour or so. Tasks are all crap and multiple runs of the Arena is boring even if it does give 500 souls I guess, as someone pointed out. There was some fun in earning glory to get rewards shop items or open glory chests, but that is gone.

I also kept getting the craptastic win 3 revenge battles as a daily quest. There is no way to complete it because no one attacks me. I even set my team as 4 peasants and I am lucky to get one loss a day.

I look forward to the PvP revamp as much as the next person. To me it does make that much of a difference as far as retaining a desire to play. More gold, more glory, more keys. It made the difference for me on the PC between just treading water and gaining enough resources to improve my towns and troops all around.

i would love to be a fly on the wall when the Pipeworks team looks at the data in the aftermath of this recent update, just to see the effects/consequences on the player base from the changes (players that have been added/lost, new emerging behaviors, etc). I suspect that if the numbers support their original claims, we’ll hear about it, but if they don’t, we won’t. I also imagine there’s been a HUGE uptick on the treasure maps front, as people turn to them more and more for traitstones, resources, and glory.

At this point, the only time I log in is once a day to collect my daily PvP glory (hit rank 1 before the update took effect) and kingdom tribute. I’m not even sure I’ll do the PvP laddering when the event updates Tuesday. My girlfriend who was an equally avid player has dropped it entirely since the update. When I offered to log on for her to at least collect her daily rewards, she told me not to bother, as the changes have turned her off the game. There’s just no real incentive to keep playing for any longer period of time, as the tasks aren’t fun/worth it.

Of course, this is purely anecdotal, but reading other comments in this thread makes it seem like it’s not a totally isolated event. I doubt it will affect those in the top guilds from playing though, as at least their reward/incentive system remains intact, even though the guild rewards destroy the economy/balance of the game as much or more than the previously repeating tasks structure.

If the development team chooses to keep the recent update in effect (with regard to the recent tasks and rewards changes), my guess is that the game will see a period of attrition before rebounding through a base of entirely new players who weren’t aware of the changes/update, and they’ll take the recent changes as their baseline. The high level players will continue to outstrip them however when it comes to resources, and the progress in general for newer players will be slower and more laborious. There will come a point where the skill curve between those generations of players will curve acutely upward, and I imagine that will be the point where player retention issues will manifest once again (if not sooner, from the tedium fostered by these recent changes).

4 Likes

If I got 100 glory everytime I see a post complaining about the top guilds and how they have ruined the economy I would never have to farm glory again.

Look for a better guild it really is that simple. Most top guilds have minimum trophy and gold donations while the lower guilds do not.

1 Like