The update is here!

[quote=“Flooderdooden, post:139, topic:8989, full:true”]the progress in general for newer players will be slower and more laborious.
[/quote]

I’d like to point out that the “slower and more laborious” progress is the progress ALL players experience on other versions of the game.

You were spoiled with the glory and souls from tasks, and in order to bring you all the newer features that had to be fixed. What some of you have learned as “normal” income was simply too much to bear. That’s all my fault for errors in the original task system. Your painful period of readjustment is totally my fault.

But we need to bring all versions of the game closer together. That’s the best long-term path for everyone.

Just to add one thing with all that though.

The economy of the game has also changed. Maps is the easiest thing to point to where gold, souls, glory, gems, and keys were made available if you were lucky to get one.

Then maps were made easier to get thanks to Tyri. Then traitstones were added to maps as well.

Further, each kingdom becomes easier to power up as more troops are added to them. While not all are unlocked on console yet, Ghulvania, Mist of Scales, and Khetar have 10 troops apiece to them. Heck Mist of Scales not long ago only had 6 on console, 7 now, 2 being teased and 1 more on top. So getting kingdoms to 3* and more for double tribute chance is far more likely in general.

PvP changes (coming soon to console) further increase resource rewards from the 1.09 version. Plus the tasks themselves still give gems which can be used for almost everything else in the game.

So even though 1 aspect on consoles was rebalanced (or nerfed for those who used it more), there are other tools in the game, both current and forthcoming that not only offset the changes to this one aspect, but also probably give you greater returns than the way things were prior to this update.

It’s not quite the Apocalypse scenario that things are being made out. (Apocalypse is coming soon to consoles hopefully though.)

2 Likes

I for one think the new pvp update cannot come quick enough. More gold, trophies and glory every match. Yes please.

It will also speed up leveling kingdoms to 10 for the lower level players. That’s probably the biggest difference between the top guilds. Most members of top guilds can donate all there gold into the guild since kingdoms are done

You may be right with regard to previous differences in the various platforms, but at the same time, not all platforms are created equal. As people have mentioned in other threads, there’s likely a difference in playing patterns between PC/mobile versions of the game and console versions, as people can consistently check in on the former platforms to readily/consistently collect their kingdom tributes, which also can contribute another alternative to growing their various resources. Those on consoles mostly miss out on that opportunity and likely have more truncated play sessions due to a console’s nature/limited portability, and the recent changes have functionally limited the avenues for collecting the full spectrum of resources in shorter play sessions (with exception of going the treasure map route, which would be tedious/not fun). Not everyone is a Talia that has the time to knock out all the tasks everyday (much less for worse/less diverse rewards), and until changes come that move the game back in an interesting direction, with more time efficient ways to accrue the various resources, you will likely lose a certain segment of players (my household included). I understand that such an outcome is acceptable for your team because you’re looking at the big picture and have a vision for the game, and ultimately that’s okay. I honestly developed a bit of a backlog in the months since discovering Gems of War, so now I have the opportunity to experience something new. Perhaps I’ll check back in later in the year to see if things have changed in a way that’s more positive/rewarding.

I apologize if I’ve come across as incessant–I promise this is the last post you’ll get from me on the topic. Best of luck to you and your team in molding the game the way(s) you see fit, and good luck keeping your older players, as well as attracting new ones.

No hard feelings at all! I think your contributions to this discussion have been quite civil. I did want to correct one common misconception that you, along with many others on this forum have posted:

Console players, on average, play MORE than mobile folks. Longer sessions, and more overall play time, by far.

2 Likes

1 Like

Console and PC players have sessions of gaming.

Mobile is just small bursts to pass time

1 Like

i mean more overall play time! I find that unlikely but not improbable. Seriously though what happens when you make that version more accessible?

@Mr.Strange, I found the “Use 10 Treasure Maps” task is spelled “Treasue” today. i took a picture, but i need to compress it, it wouldn’t upload. Also, do you have any time frame for when the Arena bug (where the hero’s weapons are the same) might be getting some love? Are we waiting for the next update?

JSYK, you can upload a picture to (say) imgur and link it here too.

1 Like

No screen cap necessary. The typo is clearly explained in your post!

1 Like