Some upcoming Gems of War changes (including more gems!)

Not to mention…you cite the economy of gems being a reason you cannot put gems into lt’s, yet if I wanted to spend 10k real dollars I could theoretically break your economy. So let’s call it what it is, you don’t care about the economy as long as you make money.

7 Likes

This, pretty much. It’s not about protecting the economy so much as protecting against players becoming too wealthy.

1 Like

Not for me, yet :frowning:

1 Like

The x4 is a poor excuse for them to nerf the GT rewards. But could they have said: “we need to make more dollars so we are going to nerf your gem income”?

About the LTs, I guess that they underestimate how many LTs top guilds can do, and so on, the number of gems dropped.

4 Likes

I just feel like my VIP I’ve worked my ass off for my money, and these privileges for being vip and the perks for it, are just being devalued heavily.

5 Likes

The point is, regardless of the amount of gems in there, there would still be potentially 4x as many with the 4x speed available.

I also look forward to Actreal’s analysis. I’ve stated elsewhere that I don’t know if the 20-25% number is correct either, but also I’m not sure if we have the numbers to actually discover the correct number as a community, since we all know we only really represent a tiny portion of the Gems of War player base.

same here :frowning:

This is kind of a big deal. The GoW staff is eleven(?) people, and they need to eat. If the game doesn’t pull in enough money, whether it’s because players are driven away by changes to the economy or players don’t spend enough money, the result is the same: no more Gems of War, and all the employees are back on the job hunt again. That’s a pretty strong incentive to keep the player base engaged!

4 Likes

Either we get patch any minute, or get lame excuse and a week or two of waiting and disapoiment :frowning:

1 Like

They have. I encourage you and every Vip member to file for reimbursement with your platform. I’m doing it, and if enough do it then we make them listen. I’ve paid for several games and one other time something like this happened. I filed and got almost all of my money back.

In your complaint just tell them they changed the fundamental benefits you paid for. The game itself is free, you bought ongoing benefits that are now less usable.

I can tell you this much buddy, i feel that not one VIP player will ever spend another penny in this game unless the VIP players are somehow compensated.

I am all for supporting this game and i dont mind the odd few quid, but you tell me how much i have already spent getting to 8.5 VIP?

1. If the LTs are such an issue, UP the gold cost of each one aftermone is completed.

2. Leave the basic guild tasks well alone.

3. Nice to have new events each week and new troops… although we now have less event keys to get those troops.

Todays anouncement does show some compassion, but it is still a large kick in the arse.

9 Likes

I’m not against them making money. Give us something worth buying instead of forcing us to buy the unrealistic gem costs from the store.

2 Likes

Well, the return of gems into the regular tasks are welcome. In this sense guilds that are more casual can still get a decent number of gems per week even if they don’t finish any Legendary Task.

3 Likes

What about a weekly reward for VIP players (they are your paying customers). You would get 1 VIP Key per VIP Level each week. So on the weekly reset if your VIP 5 then you get 5 Keys.:grinning:

12 Likes

Assuming you mean players becoming too wealthy in-game… then these are the same thing. It becomes a problem of inflation, and something that causes problems in a number of multiplayer online games. Souls for example, high end players have been asking for a way to spend their excess souls for ages. More resources means more needs for sinks. More sinks means that lower level players get left behind if they’re not able to also sink resources into the sinks.

While I understand the dissatisfaction, I for one will still be putting money into the game (and I’m also about VIP 8.5). I still get my daily gold, and glory keys, I still get my souls and gold bonuses from battles, and I’m still able to open VIP chests. None of those have gone away. There was nothing included in the VIP rewards about having gems to open VIP chests, just to actually be able to open them if you already had the gems and wanted to.

4 Likes

Sorry, but having only half the gems reinstated to the blue tasks and not restoring Legendary Tasks doesn’t change the image you offer of being desperate for people to take up in-app purchases. Guilds are pulling back on things such as GW boosts because of the gold devaluation. This isn’t helping the economy of the game, rather making come to a screeching halt.

I get that you are likely undermanned and might need an injection to hire more members but this will only serve to create more problems and drive away those that keep the cash flow moving smoothly.

5 Likes

Salty press the button :slight_smile:

I don’t see update.

Oz won’t know and salty will obviously be in hiding.

1 Like

Gems

I had just finished creating this. Not as funny now. :slight_smile:

16 Likes