Some upcoming Gems of War changes (including more gems!)

Memes are carefully limited. That’s a good one though lol

2 Likes

Maybe 140+350 =490

Old task was 590 so like 20% less.

1 Like

Exactly. An economy only works when you have both buyers and sellers working together. The sellers are sitting there with the welcome mat out…and the newly-impoverished buyers are giving them the finger and walking the other way.

Taking away my toys in hopes of selling them back to me is…hilariously stupid.

3 Likes

140 + 250 = 390

5 Likes

So even with a gem increase it will take 10weeks to have enough to open 50vip. Yeah I think I will ask for a refund on all my accounts.

I’m not going to be playing the crafting game. So every new mythic I will have to craft under your new gem gimp guild system. 8-10 months to craft one mythic.

I have a feeling this forum will explode soon and @Sirrian will be swinging that ban hammer.
Doing my absolute best ATM to not get banned.

3 Likes

damn i saw 350 earlier.

Sirrian made a typo.

1 Like

45 min late let’s go guys!!!

1 Like

Super glad to hear about most of these points. Fixing the AI and making the diamond rewards static makes a lot of sense. Hopefully the tweaks work :wink:

If “ungated numbers of gems” was bad, why was it not addressed before or more directly? The way this has been done, without clear communication and while simultaneously reducing other sources as well has been the main source of frustration. It’s one thing to adjust things (increase cost, reduce frequency), but removing the path entirely seems like overkill.

And by the logic used, that ungated gems hurts the economy while ungated keys/glory/traitstones don’t, isn’t that implying that those resources are fairly valueless by comparison and that LT’s aren’t really worth doing? Seems like the best path now is every man for himself with gold keys, and no longer working together as a guild for these nerfed LT’s, which seems contrary to the previously expressed desire for guilds and cooperation.

7 Likes

LTs were mostly useless before but they were a way to sink the gold which was useless and is even more so now.

1 Like

This whole nerfing gems is dumb and destructive to the game. I was in a Top Ten guild and now I’m still in a high guild, just with lesser requirements. If I wanted a Mythic which at this point of the game is all I have to spend resources on I could spend all my gems and rarely had more than enough gems for 2-3 rounds of VIP chests after saving for months. You think you’re making a good business decision by limiting a necessary resource, the trouble is if new player’s have to pay for everything to get anywhere in the game or you reduce the benefit people who have actually paid to reach such as VIP 5 (10 myself) you’re just irritating both ends of your customer base. I won’t be spending money to make up the gems. If 4x is sooooo destructive, remove it and return it to the way it was. Gold is useless without a place to use it no matter how much you have.

4 Likes

I did too, another ninja edit.

1 Like

Good point. And you can open pretty much the same number of those chests, while playing and spending the same amount as before? Players are complaining about the relative value of being able to open a VIP chest, not that they have stopped working. If it wasn’t obvious, the issue is that taking 3-4 months to do what we used to be able to do in 3-4 weeks is a huge nerf. Your arguments to defend this don’t address the core loss in value, other than to say “they never promised”. Not a very good justification if you want the good will of your players…

6 Likes

Why it’s taking so long? Please deploy the damn update, if we were pc we would already have it

1 Like

They are fixing the 25% buff that should have been 10% mate.

They can fix it after

It seemed clear to me when they added legendary tasks that the purpose was always pure gold sink. They never matched 1 million gold in value. Of course, they have even less of a point now unless you want to pray to RGNesus for a magical mythic drop.

2 Likes

The PS4 patch will be going out before EOD and the update has already gone out on XBox One.

As said by Sirrian, the reason LT’s have been reduced is because the 4X speed makes completing them a lot faster.

A lot of points have been made in this thread, and unfortunately we do not have the time to address all of them. I’ll do what I can, but please be aware that we are working on a lot of things at the moment (such as bug fixes) and there are a lot of tickets yet to be handled in support. (Even I will be jumping into support today to help out. All hands on deck!) I’ll also make an effort to collate feedback today, like I usually do. :slight_smile:

We were always planning on removing event keys from glory packs on console as it came closer to syncing with PC/Mobile. This won’t be changed back unfortunately, as it is now the same across all the platforms as we had originally intended.

Many of the fixes that some players believe are quick fixes aren’t as easy to code or implement as they might like to believe. We work tirelessly to improve the game, fix what we can and rectify as many bugs as possible. New features take even longer to introduce as they must be brought to the game in a way that is engaging, player friendly, useful, and well tested.

8 Likes

What did I say? Sony approved first yet we get the update last.

3 Likes

Lol i don’t see it bro