So what's the story behind your gamer handle?

Mine is kinda obvious lol It’s from the SNES game Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, and the 95 is the year I graduated high school. I was the first kid on my block to beat LttP and I created this username way back in the 90’s on AOL lol yes I’m ancient!! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Do you remember that Red Dragon game from the old BBS’s ?

Ok i am necro-ing this thread because i find it to be very interesting and we have many newer people that may have never seen it.

I posted mine quite a while ago so i wont repeat it now but i look forward to reading about others!

Have fun!

3 Likes

Typically for games, I would make my username from a reference or something from the now defunct Opie and Anthony radio show. But for GoW I wanted to do something different. Lanny was the first thing that came to mind for me that day. Unfortunately it has no special meaning behind it. Just that I wanted it to be different than anything else that I’ve used in the past. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I know your post is from a long while ago, but I do remember Legend of the Red Dragon from the BBS days. Haven’t thought about that game in years! (Showing my age LOL) I played that so much and had multiple accounts across multiple BBS’s back in the day since the moves per day were typically 20 or 25 depending on who was running the game. The exciting thing for me back then was finding a game where it had a ton of “other places” to choose from. Great memories!

I’m an old school MtG player and had hoped your name was based on the Llanowar Elves. We, me and my Magic buddies, always called them Lannies!
:wink:

1 Like

HA! I didn’t even think about that. I played MtG a little bit about 10 years ago, but could not get into it unfortunately. I do remember the elves.

1 Like

Lol so did i!

I am so glad this thread is back, I love it!

People know why I’m Salty, but story time, I used to use a different handle, dresslikeadollfightlikeaman. Why? Because I love fashion, but I also used to be very into martial arts and sword fighting. (Not so much time for these anymore, but I fight when I can. On the other hand, there is always time for fashion.)

9 Likes

I actually live by the exact opposite

DressLikeAManFightLikeADoll

6 Likes

A01020201, I played keyboards in a band for a long time and my nickname was ABBA after the 70’s band for some reason because it resembles my real initials, 01-a 02-b 02-b 01-A, it was my name in th liner notes for a few albums,
When it comes to pinball I use ABA, funny thing is that it is also my wife’s initials and she uses the same Thing

5 Likes

Where I live in the US outside of Nashville there is an arcade with about 100 pins in it and around 300 arcade games for $10 all you can play, probably the best thing to do where I live lol

3 Likes

My forum name is literally the name of my unicorn OC. The guy I main on PS4, his name comes from a pony who only ever had one line in Friendship is Magic. Now he’s a 1,000+ Gems of War badass. Or more accurately I’m the badass. :3

5 Likes

Those who know me totaly get my game name . Fits me perfectly Wu@Haaaaaa
:smiling_imp::innocent:
26 years in the US Marine corps … a buddy of mine after a fire fight in Helmond prov Afgan stated…
Your a Demon masquerading as an Angel !
At the time iI was over the body of a wounded enemy soldier trying to save his life .
The name stuck
:smiling_imp: or :innocent:

7 Likes

“Lyya” was the name of the first character I ever RP’d. IRL, people who know me call me “Ly,” which is pronounced “Lee” (as in the end of “Emily,” which is my real name). Because I’m so creative, I just tacked on a few letters to “Ly” to make my character. So in my head, “Lyya” is pronounced the same as “Leah,” though many people who read it pronounce it more like a Bostonian might say “Liar.” I’m cool with both.

8 Likes

I got my name “Macawi” from my mother when I was very young. It means “generous” in Sioux.

13 Likes

Thank you for your service

4 Likes

I was in marching band throughout high school and I joined a drum corps for '97 called the cross men. We played a piece by Don Ellis called “Niner-Two”. To this day I love listening to it. You can too!

2 Likes

I’ve always pronounced it ‘liar’… the irony, you see…

Mine is some 170+ posts higher up so I will copy down again:

Wind storms tend to come to me in El Paso and before when I lived in Las Cruces, NM. Since I don’t chase tornadoes, it seemed stormchasee was more appropriate than storm chaser that I use on Spacebattles site.

Yes I am a weather forecaster.