So what's the story behind your gamer handle?

That is the most amazing thing ever. Oh, what Heroes do in the name of Heroism…

2 Likes

I’m rather pleased that my guess was correct :stuck_out_tongue:
I always thought your name was a variant of mithril.

I am very, very glad that you never touched EPW, where I spent most of my time as Pelnar. Had you, we would likely be mortal enemies at this point. The unstoppable force and the immovable object. The difference is you would have been popular for it there.

You might enjoy a couple stories of the Seeker I kept in my back pocket for when people pissed me off though.

Hackee, this wonderful, wonderful character, was using the meta end-game gear that comes with three random stats per piece of gear.

Against all odds, I rolled Strength on all of them.

Then my sword came with a unique affix that gavve it a 30%-ish chance to deal double damage on hit at the cost of 2% of my HP. And the other three stats on it? All of them were +% damage dealt.

I’m sitting here with a 30% chance to deal double damage on top of a 30% chance to crit, damn near the highest possible strength stat, and a build that incentivizes multiplying damage that a target takes, buffing my damage further, and dropping them in the blink of an eye.

Someone pisses off the fox, they get the sword. Two hits was all it took to kill an end-game fully geared character. And often, they didn’t have time to react once they were hit with the first skill. Some people with good reflexes managed to pop a six second damage immunity skill that all classes have access to, but that didn’t change much, as I would wait it out, stun them, jump to them, buff my crit rate, spam them down, jump to and stun them again if they broke free, and basically told them that they had no hope of escaping.

The fun part is that in addition to having a “teleport to X, stun them” skill that had a free reset when I buffed my crit chance, I also had a “Swap positions with X” skill.

Teleport them to somewhere that looks different to put them into a panic, Telestun them, and just wail away on their face with this sword:

You would have liked that.

Also, a picture of the unkillable fox:

And a more up to date picture of Hackee, who is using a different sword skin now:

3 Likes

Pabloskee; my first name + what my inner circle of lifetime friends call me: skee. Why? I don’t really know why but I bet ya can’t pronounce it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Cool, thanks. probably not on the Mac?

Mine’s from a character in the movie Fight Club.

1 Like

Yeah but which character?

5 Likes

My last name is Duda, so naturally went for the old Disney song lyrics “Zippity Doo-dah, Zippity day”.

So glad it was available when I got into GoW recently. You wouldn’t believe the amount of times it is already taken…

3 Likes

Hmmmm… Usually my nick in-game is the same for the forums of the said game, but here i decided a change and opted for Ivar (Vikings History Channel) over Ivan (the Terrible).
Razzagor is my in-gane nick on GoW and on some other games, but it’s pretty much a recent nick of mine from my character on a D&D campaign, a gnoll ranger that went full “Rambo: First Blood” (except for the guns and such of course) at some point that our party was being hunted by some militia.

@Kurokazna, your story reminds me of some experience on another freemium game i played, on this one i discovered a solid way to explore a feature for max results, at some point i was better than my guildmasters that had a lot of “timely advantage” over my character. Eventually i shared the secret for the benefit of the whole guild.

Fun thing is that there was a “lost gringo” on our brazilian server and i was pretty much the only person able to talk with him, so he sticked with me and we become pretty much an unstoppable/unseparable duo. At the PVP event, with three characters, we always picked some weaker member of our guild to carry him until the highest ranks where any AoE would kill our “adopted friend” while me and “Sweet” could still manage to win sharing the same rewards each week until everyone on our guild could have ther first full set (PVP awarded medals that could be used to unlock armor sets, within a week Sweet and me could get the first full set for any guildie).

Fun times specially because “Sweet” picked a Sorceress as character and people sometimes would hit on him and i would translate/twist his words to make things interesting… :laughing: :imp:

2 Likes

In game name: DamageInc. Long live (old school) Metallica, Damage Incorporated!
Pinball / Video game Initials: AOD, Angel of Death. Long live Slayer!

1 Like

Rasper’s Repository was the greatest EQ resource ever! Thanks for all you did for me through that site!

1 Like

First PB mention- NOOOOICE! What’s your preferred table? I’m a TZ man myself!

I used to play the holy living #%#@!!! out of the Judge Dread Pinball game at the local bowling alley, played a lot of the terminator and some racecar one, but really any one of them. Pinball is just a lost art unfortunately.

1 Like

Did you know it is experiencing a bit of a resurgence? Pinball / arcade bars are popping up all over the place lately. I live in Canada and we get everything last, but I know when I travel to the US there’s almost always a PB bar somewhere. So fricking fun!

In the early 90’s, the mall near where I lived had a Sci-fi collectible store. It was the first store on the right when you walked in, brilliant location, amazing collectibles, ridiculous prices. I never bought a thing in there, but… they had an original Star Wars PB machine that was just amazing! I put more quarters than I care to admit into that bad boy!! :wink:

In 2003 am old boyfriend asked me to pay FFXI (Final Fantasy 11) with him. So I created a Mithra but couldn’t decide what to name her. So I Googled “Cat Warrior Names” Calca came up! It wasn’t until about 10 years later someone told me there is a Calca & Bring in FFVII. (NO I’ve never played a Final Fantasy prior to 2003)

1 Like

My first name is Tim. When I played hockey, coach would always call me Timber. I played defense and myself and the rest of defense corp called ourselves Wolfpack (If I remember right, that was the “cool” faction in wrestling at the time), so I just put the 2 together and threw an e on at the end because it was easier to get a username that way.

1 Like

I saw you leave your guild,why?
you can pm me if you will.

I like naming things in Japanese English equivalency. RyuuHou translates to “Dragon Gun”. I like dragons, guns are fun in video games and watching bullet time in movies and what not!

I was 24 when I made my account. I’m imaginative, aren’t I? lol

My in game name, Winter, is because that’s my favorite season. Usually in F2P games it’s already taken and I go with Winteria instead. Sounds like something from a fantasy novel to me.

1 Like

My handle None of the Above is a reference to the novel I’m almost finished writing, The Internet President: None of the Above. It’s about a computer guy that runs for president.

I used the name to remind me to work on the book, instead of playing. That hasn’t worked out too well.

To make matters worse, I lured my best friend of 30+ years (we bonded over D&D in junior high) and current story editor on my book into the game and my guild Unrepentant. Kaheradin and I had a blast sharing the same game, but let’s just say it hasn’t been the best decision for the book.

Our book editing sessions tend to begin with GoW strategy sessions.

5 Likes