So what's the story behind your gamer handle?

I know some people are very protective of their references hehehehe :laughing:

So if you want an alternate question: what are your Arcade/Pinball 3-letter initials and why?

3 Likes

Mine is The ins and itā€™s just the short version of a nickname I got when I was 13, Dawnatheina, which was given to me cuz I was am small (Iā€™m not short just skinny so idk what they were thinking).

2 Likes

Mine is pretty obvious. I live in Japan and play games. The 29 is my name, Nick, using numbers. In Japanese, 2 is ā€œniā€ and 9 is ā€œkuā€.

10 Likes

Itā€™s also the word for ā€œmeat.ā€ :slight_smile:

Mine is one of my characters from a Short story I published back in the 80s in a Science Fiction/Fantasy national magazine. Sheā€™s an 8 foot winged black panther assassin princess vampire. Wrote it long before I knew what Furries were. Iā€™ve had a few well know Furry artists create drawings of her (Heather Bruton did a fantastic job of a painting that is in our living room)

It sorta stuck with me. However most canā€™t pronounce her name (Thai-ee-c-a)

I have to add on now Kat - because I keep finding someone(s) have already registered with the same same so I add something that represent me big time being a cat fanatic. If I could have 100 acres I would run a refugee for kittiesā€¦ Saving them all from the pound. (aka the crazy cat woman)

Pinball/arcade TAI

4 Likes

Mine is from Everquest, where I was known as Rasper the Helpdesk and ran on of the leading strat sites available for 5 years or so.

8 Likes

Most donā€™t pronounce mine right eitherā€¦

2 Likes

Mine is a shortened version of my full nicknameā€¦ VanillaGorilla which is pretty descriptive of me cuz im a very large hairy white guy lol

Arcade name VAN

5 Likes

Mine is a fantasy character name Iā€™d used for RPGs for years, derived from Janus (the two-faced Roman God), and picked originally for an NPC that repeatedly misled and double-crossed the PCs (the name was supposed to be a tacit warning to my player friends who all studied classics, but they didnā€™t get the joke until long afterwards).

It became Jainus at some point when the spelling ā€˜Janusā€™ was already taken (I forget which game server), and then I decided I liked that spelling better.

It also (at least one or two times each time I use it) triggers some hilarious wag to wonder if my first name is Hugh, and think they are first to do so.

@KrudlerTheHorse you started this, whatā€™s yours? are you actually a horse?

11 Likes

My first D&D character (1982-ish?) was a Paladin named Sirian Iceheart.

I named the white team of knights from my first commercially-successful game (Warlords,1989) the SIRIANS, and my first game company I created (that made the game, Warlords) was called ICEHEART SOFTWARE.
While dealing with players on Compuserve in the 90ā€™s I started using the handle Sirian, but later changed it to SIRRIAN (with an extra ā€˜rā€™) in MMOā€™s when I found that the one-ā€˜rā€™ version was usually already taken.

24 Likes

Mine reasonably simple. It was a nickname given to me when I was around 12, because I was the only Australian in the group (Oz), and I had a very short haircut at the time (Ball for how my head looked I guess :stuck_out_tongue: ) I moved countries soon afterwards (to Australia) so I kind of took the name with me and made it part of me.

7 Likes

My nick name came from a silly sentence in a game called Risen 2.

A tribal men talks to hero with tribal language : Ono palaver Gucho. (something like : nothing of silly words white men)

I use it for some laughs and also many others words like Ulele. (lucky to not chose that one)

Later a friend tell me about steam extra things, like cards, gems , etc.
So I made a profile in steam just to see that, I donĀ“t think it was going to be the actual one.

I made it with ono palaver as name profile
When I join this game they also caught that nick name to it.

Since then I meet a lot of people here.

Now people called me Ono.

(but I like it :slight_smile:)

3 Likes

Iā€™m angry and Iā€™m short.

8 Likes

A mix between ā€œZenithā€ and ā€œSolarisā€ (sun cult in League of Legend) gave Zelarith

2 Likes

One of my cats was named Max. I got him when he was 6 weeks old and I was 10 unfortunately he died last year when he was 14.

4 Likes

My real life nickname is Boba. Don is inspired by godfather.

5 Likes

My gamer handle is actually my I.D. shorten, the Z in it is a backwards S. Itā€™s known as my online I.D. (more than just a handle). Iā€™ve been using it for over a decade now. (Although it might not seem so, this is information is actually too much information). :eyes:

3 Likes

Mine is the phonetic pronounciation of my real life initials SLE :grinning:

6 Likes

I just mashed the first two letters of my first name, three letters of my middle name and last two letters of my last name togetherā€¦ worked out all right I think.
But this username was created specifically for GoW because my usual gamertag isnā€™t very fantasy-like.

4 Likes

This is why my ingame name is different to my forum username, I use Ozball as a forum name/ID everywhere, but character names I have a few that I cycle between that actually sound like plausible names.

2 Likes