Real Emperor Khorvash suggestions...not to rant....make real suggested changes

The problem is fundamentally perception. Once they bring the extreme outliers back into line, then it’s a matter of encouraging diversity through other means. The problem, as I believe you’re aware, isn’t so much that some troops perform better than others (variance in defense win percentage is very small, regardless of defense team composition) but that most people don’t want to think about their team composition (which is a real shame, considering that’s the real meat of the game), and just go with whatever they’ve heard is the best.

The game just needs to encourage people to try more troops. I’m a bit surprised that the event system, with its rotating buffs, hasn’t done a better job of that. But there’s also the resource investment to consider – how many people can just level and trait a new team (or several, as they experiment) every week? Again, people would rather not have to think about it, and just look for the dominant strategy – not because it wins more reliably, but because of the effort/reward ratio. If unique, creative (defense) teams were more capable of catching players by surprise and actually affecting the win/loss ratio, people might feel more encouraged to experiment. Unfortunately, the game caters to speed and time invested over strategy, which is largely why I’ve stopped playing.

3 Likes

Excellent, excellent post.

Yeah I agree.

I still think people should be able to use whatever they want to use even if they never change teams, but there definitely should not be this big of a gap between troops. Who wants to experiment much when the choices are between a canon or a rubber mallet? So if they could just balance that out some way.

But I would also add that another thing that could help, is bring the TTK back down again. I’ve mentioned this before but at some point around the time we started getting respawn troops, the game got slower. Meaning to keep the same pace of time in pvp you needed to use canons to end it as quickly as possible. But I feel we’ve come too far to turn that clock back. It’s sad though because respawn troops really don’t add strategy at all, just annoyance.

Before this point in history we had what, goblin and worm metas? I’d much prefer that to what we have now. It’s funny to look back on.

1 Like