Real Emperor Khorvash suggestions...not to rant....make real suggested changes

Humans are sheep.

It doesn’t matter what you buff or nerf, there will always be the “best choice” all over these forums, and even people who don’t read the forum will use the same defense after being frustrated by it.

If you can’t handle this, competitive gaming is simply not for you. I’ve been gaming since before the internet was a thing, and it’s always been the same.

So the devs should just forget about balance?

You’re over-simplifying the situation by a country mile.

This is the wrong kind of game for those seeking balance.

Poker, chess, checkers, those games are balanced.

1 Like

So since human nature is what it is, they should just abandon any attempt at balance, since it’s futile?

If that’s the case, then let’s take it to its logical conclusion. Human nature is to cheat, too. Why ban botters if there’s no hope of balance? After all human nature is human nature and can’t be overcome…

1 Like

I honestly see this game like all those combine at times, but I will have to say this tho’, if this game had a troop with some ridiculous ability, something would have to get done and from what was mentioned, the Devs did do something about that. But to step away a bit from your point… Devs why did you go and mess with my Dark Maiden? :cry:

2 Likes

I don’t understand how using the most effective option and cheating are related.

Unless all troops are close to identical, there will always be something considered best.

If you want all troops equal, you should be playing games without variety. Like I mentioned, chess and such.

I played Magic competitively before the internet was really booming (20 years ago), even then the best players always had the same decks, because they won, and people like winning.

Your best hope for Gems would be some kind of format with a ban list, but I highly doubt that ever happens.

No changes needed, If you struggle to take him down - just make sure that you have your damage dealers in 3rd and 4th spot. F.example a BD in 3rd or 4th spot, one go and Khorvash is dogmeat…

1 Like

A long time ago i came to the same conclusion and suggested that a new feature/pvp event with certain restrictions would add a little more diversity to the pool of teams faced. It wouldn’t discard the possibility of some nerfs or adjustments to cards because sometimes some changes need to be made.

The devs “walked a few miles in this direction” to bring variety by adding positive incentives for using certain troops with the bonus from events and all. But to a certain extent it is not enough to provide real changes to the pool of “best troops to win” so i still think that having real restrictions controling the pool of cards could be more effective.

1 Like

beside tones of suggestions that have been proposed before this thread was created
id go with a simple replacement: “drain x mana”, instead of “drain (whole) mana

whatever devs decide x to be :slight_smile:

They’re related in the sense that you seem to be advocating the Devs to just throw up their hands and do nothing on the balance issue because “boys will be boys”. If that logic were applied to the game universally, we’d have to allow full-blown cheaters because after all, that’s human nature and there’s nothing we can do to change it.

Furthermore, you seem to be confusing perfect balance with legitimate attempts to encourage diversity.

Nobody wants perfect balance. In fact, I think most of us realize that’s an unrealistic goal.

What we would like is for the Devs to at least TRY to encourage diversity instead of throwing out massively overpowered troops that are going to draw the aggro win-at-all-costs kids like moths to the flame. And to be fair, the Devs have been listening. They’ve done several things lately to help the situation, whether it be nerfs, buffs, or new troops. The reason Khorvash and BD come up so much is because they’re the only egregious outliers left.

How many times do we have to say that it’s not about not being able to beat him? Or Bone Dragon?

It’s about seeing them in every match in PVP.

The easiest way to deal with EK garbage teams is to avoid them.

Anything with EK. Anything with Mab. Anything with Frozen spam.

I think a nerf to Bone Dragon is imminent. A nerf to Khorvash may or may not be; there are other troops of similar comparative power.

I also think that any nerf will not solve the problem of monotony in defense. It will enable those who barely ever lose, to barely ever lose even less than before, but the “meta” will move on to the next tier of stupid-AI-friendly troops that will be easier to beat – but still repetitive.

I don’t see a solution to the “same thing yet again” problem in sight. The weekly events are an attempt to alleviate that monotony, and to a degree i think they’ve been successful. They’re not a panacea, though.

4 Likes

The weekly events could have done more for defense team monotony if they would have given players an incentive to change up their defense. They didn’t. As it stands, a minority of people use event troops on defense out of the kindness of their heart (often times, taking a lower defense win rate at that.)

3 Likes

Well, the boosts certainly contributed to a lot of Daemon teams last week. (Des had her moment in the sun, so to speak – I think that was the first week I ever encountered her!) But you’re right, if there were (for instance) resource rewards for using event troops on defense, that would go a long way toward getting lazy people (like me) a reason to swap defenses for a week.

4 Likes

I don’t think you understand what I am saying. Even if they were to balance things much, much better than the current state of things (it’s well known the vast majority of troops are mostly useless), there will always be a certain few teams that you see over and over. The best ones against the field, the ones the AI can handle best, whatever the reason might be, that NEVER stops in a game like this. It’s competitive human nature, you cannot change it.

This game is going to really irritate you, forever. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have to agree, well said. Human nature.

Some of this is by design, but human nature for the most part.

hopefully the works on AI upgrading on the console side will yeld something that in the end allows more defense diversity

true, im still a bit upset about it, why didnt they use that tool

1 Like

I have no idea. It’s one of the only game decisions that they’ve made that I don’t understand at all.

If they do things right, they most certainly CAN make the “set it and forget it” pool of troops 24 instead of 12.

I never suggested the problem will ever be COMPLETELY solved. But it most certainly can be better than it is now, just by touching 2 or 3 troops.