Possible Treasure Hunt Tweak?

As for the “company needs to think about their bottom line” argument, it just doesn’t hold up.

I’d love if @Sirrian or @Nimhain could comment but as someone who has spent real money on this game, I can’t imagine why ANYONE would want to buy maps when that money is better spent on things that can’t be gotten any other way (e.g. Death knight armor) or things that are exceedingly rare (e.g. gems).

Maps are infinitely easy to acquire in-game without spending any real money.

Yeah that’s my reason as to why maps aren’t even relatively worthless. You get them throughout the game for mostly doing nothing. So essentially they are free items that give gold, gems, keys, glory, souls, and trait-stones. I remember early game, for me, they were a blessing. I also believe they are fairly balanced. For the people that saved up all these maps, maybe it’s just fair that you shouldn’t have. That’s an end-game problem mostly. I think it’s a case of why re-balance for the few vs. the many. It would be a cool feature though, don’t get me wrong. I hope they do it just to help people out.

Edit: Also didn’t they basically add explore mode for everyone saying treasure maps never gave anything good? As far as stones go.

1 Like

The payout for “souls” in a map are better than anywhere else in the game I have found so far. Even Arena which takes 8 matches to get 500 souls I can get that many or more in treasure hunt along with keys gold glory gems and stones and NO EXPERIENCE the best thing about Treasure Hunt…

As far as the store. At 3 maps a day for 15 days for $4.99 yeah is a little expensive. Either lower that price, give more maps or make it harder to obtain maps. The BEST buy in the store right now for newbies is the 15 gems a day for 15 days at $4,99, you can have your SPIDER ARMOR in no time. :slight_smile:

Make farming with Tyri not as much fun or useful (make it say if Tyri is in the group TRIPLE experience) lol. Seeing how long it takes anyways she’s not that great just “free maps” is what she brings to the table. It still takes 5 casts to get a single map on average or by the text information…

Many of these guys are acting like she drops one every time she casts. Once her resources are gone she has to wait a pretty good bit to get enough on the board for another free cast. It ain’t like the board is full of green and purple gems all the time. Now, if you got someone casting green and purple gems along with her then she can probably do a BIT better, but, there is no guarantee you’re even gonna get those gems if the RNG spreads them out all over the place or even get a map when she does.

Personally I see players with 500-800 maps as living in a basement eating cheetos 24/7 lol or no life whatsoever at all. I don’t see someone playing 2 hours a day massing up maps without year(s) of play. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The problem is that you can do Explore or Challenge mode with a Valkyrie team and get far more souls in a much smaller amount of time. You can get more gold and glory, in less time, playing PvP over and over. Depending on your resource needs, it’s just not efficient because it spreads things too thin.

The only thing that you can get with maps that you can’t get anywhere else (without a currency exchange) is gem keys. For this reason, I advocate making the payouts from maps less quantitative and more qualitative. Make the maps harder to get but make them the primary means for getting gem keys. THEN the maps not only have value, they have UNIQUE value.

As for Tyri, you may not be using her in the right team. I can get 5 maps a game, every game using her with the right team. I use a couple of looping teams and even without Tyri, these net me nearly a map PER match because of the cascades. So yes, I accumulate maps at a fairly regular pace playing 25-30 matches a day, sometimes more.

Something I’ve never tested or known is, if you use valk or tyri in defense, do you get extra souls or maps? Probably a noob question, but I’ve never thought about it til now.

I don’t think so, since I’ve seen the AI get long cascades many times and never seen it generate a map.

1 Like

Val (maxed out) without another plopping her color down on the map has to cast 13 times to get 99 souls. In treasure hunt two maps yields me well over 100 souls, sometimes when I get really RNG lucky I get 100+ with just one map… Tyri has to hit 2 maps in 10 casts of course and that’s no swing by a long shot. So Val really doesn’t give you all that many souls fast either. You guys just look at the rewards you are not looking at the “time spent” getting those rewards. Although Val is a sure thing for “souls” and that’s all. Tyri on the other hand leads to gems, glory, souls, keys (which leads to cards I need an want), stones and money. I’ll take Tyri any day in comparison to Val or pvp or arena. If I have to gain XP right now I will avoid it.

What you are leaving out is the XP gain for what you are doing. What I am doing is minimal XP gain. Perhaps when I get some maxed out cards I will think like you but until then I’ll play this way as it’s far better to gain little xp and keep the AI in check along the way.

i personally would like to see option to spend maps in bundles to save playing time, with obvious loss on the outcome resources like for example 10 maps = 2x resource
and i dont think its wrong coz:

1. if for whatever reason someone decides to buy maps with $ then this surely would encourage to buy more maps not less maps (i dont imagine anyone buys them but still that is an argument)

2. farming the additional 9 maps theoretically makes up the time of doing the second treasure hunt manually so it isnt actual cheating “extra” time in my opinion

3. if someone doesnt like playing treasure hunt then it doesnt matter to them then why the hate?

4. for those who play only a little and/or just wanna spend time differently (like for example getting tier 1 pvp and finishing quest line, hunting exploration) this would help a lot

5. for those who have maps piled up this would help a whole lot

6. there is still option left of doing all the 10 maps manually instead of one for more resources so i dont think that small tweak would break the game economy, especially if farming tousands treasure hunts (some ppl do that) doesnt break game economy so far

7. the ppl who never use all the maps - if they get extra resources so what, that will drive them away from buying with $? nope, they will do only this many treasure hunts they used to and the result extra resource gain wont make huge difference, they will still go back to pvp or whatever usually were doing and buy $ if they usually were, and not buy $ if they usually werent - the only difference will be the dissatisfaction of having a resource like maps “rendered uselees” would be gone and eventually satisfaction of finally “burning them all up” would come, maybe even they (the ppl) could some day start “liking” treasure hunt again. - and liking one more game fearture is definatelly a plus for developers - more likely to gain a good opinion and more players in future.

3 Likes

I think you are forgetting her trait, vip level, and armor. I don’t know the actual cast amount, but in quick matches where I only cast once I end up with 45 souls. So I could potentially end a match with let’s say around 70 souls per match x 150 matches = 10,000 souls.

You need to remember once again grind is in the game for a reason. Usually the more grind the more people will eventually spend. These players with a lot of maps have other grinds now like PVP an building up their kingdoms. What they want is to be able to use those maps to do this and beat the grind. Grind must continue at ALL levels for the devs to survive. They knew what they were doing when they made maps obsolete for the end gamer. :))

First of all, I’m playing Explore on Hard mode right now using a Stormheim team of Jarl / Serpent / Valk / Zephyros. With all synergy and trait bonuses, Valkyrie gets 11 souls per cast. With Celestial armor, VIP bonus, and difficulty bonus, it goes up to 27 per cast. If I cast it twice, that’s 54, plus another 27 for her Necro bonus. Finally, add in the 4 souls for killing 4 enemies (and add 2 for Necromancy) and that’s almost 90 souls per match.

I can play THREE of those in the time it takes to do one mediocre map run.

Second, why would you want to retard your own progress? You say you want to keep the AI in check but the AI is pitiful in this game. Terrible actually. No need to keep them in check at all. And PvP matchups are based on team composition/power level, so keeping your hero artificially low level doesn’t help you there either. Color me confused.

You do not.

1 Like

it will not beat the grind coz of 2. and 7.
have not forgotten the grind

and i disagree to consider “free” gained map by accidental cascades less worth then a “hard work” gained map by using tyri spell, coz if game mechanics reward u with it for free then it means it is a fair way to gain it

my exemplary rates of turning maps were 10 maps =2x resources so…

normally you would spend 2 maps and time of 2 treasure hunts to get it
in exchange this time you would spend 10 maps and time of 1 treasure hunt to get it

this means 2maps +2hunts = 10maps +1 hunt
extra 8maps = time of running one treasure hunt

then if someone gained 8 maps for free after x days of playing or farmed them with tyri after ~30min-1hour of tyri farming it is just as valuable farm time-wise and grind-wise and i think it is fair to exchange

plus by the way getting 8 maps by tyri is most probably taking longer then burning one map anyway. the farm continues on.

Sure, 100 maps for 25% would be fine… any incentive to use them instead of sit on them. The fundamental problem with them at anything other than beginner level is that all of the resources available through map hunting/playing are available though other means (PVP, Arena, Explore, etc) and you can accumulate those resources much faster through those means as well. If they want the feature to be used at all by other-than-beginner players they would have to make it more useful, or reduce the output of all the other methods… which I doubt anyone is in favor.

As far as generating maps, I’ve never used Tyri, and my guild generates very few maps a week (perhaps 10 at most?). I’m hardly an 'End Gamer" at the 300ish level mark, though it feels like I’ll be there by lvl 500 or so. The majority of my map generation comes from playing color control/transform decks and cascades.

I proposed the idea because I’d like to see them be useful as a feature for non-beginners. It’s not greed, as I carry on well enough without them. Greed would be more along the lines of asking for MORE rewards per map to make them useful, not giving up a high % per map to do them more quickly… it’s simply a time thing. I’d be more inclined to generate maps if I could use a lot of them quickly as well… this leads to different play styles/teams and more enjoyment/variety, as opposed to grinding away the same deck in PVP. If that’s the direction they want the game to go, so be it… It’s not going to cause me to lose sleep… I have plenty of other things I can spend time on if I start to get bored with what’s here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Once again you are talking the high end which most players aren’t. Yeah, I would expect there to be some improvements to what Val and Tyri can do later on. But, in the early game where most people are they don’t have maxed out kingdoms or gettting those perks you are talking about. They are getting 6 souls per cast for a long long time. :slight_smile:

Also, you keep talking about your experiences. Most of us aren’t there yet and the ai isn’t the pushover you say it is. I see this kind of malarky in every game. Some elitists has gotten to a high level and then proceeds to talk about how easy it is.

Plus, it’s not so much the AI as the cards I want to have in PVP. You don’t get those kinds of cards and have them built to max, leveling as fast as you can. Lower level players will be in match ups they’ll get slaughtered in in no time. I already see it at just my level the new ones coming up behind me. Because I have done what I am doing I can pulverize them many levels over my head because they don’t have the cards built up like I am doing. Facing cards that are 8/4’s in shields and life vs my 16/11’s is a laugh and that’s my low cards lol I can ONE SHOT most cards of most of those players now and have a card that hits two of em with 12 damage a shot on each. They got good text but they ain’t got the life and shields to support them. Thas why I stifle myself from leveling. ;))

I can get oodles of maps (14 one match) and only gain 18xp for it. While you are gaining oodles of xp and leveling out of your ability to defend your kingdoms vs higher players.

I wouldn’t even be in PVP if Anna hadn’t said do just one. You should have seen all the high levels attack my worthless group of cards. Took me awhile to fix it but the damage is done. I haven’t lost a single match on offense but they swarmed me early on and my defensive losses are high. Now I have a team nobody wants to take on except the real high level ones. Had something in the 100’s attack me. Where’s the balance in that? I can’t beat something that extreme at level 39, but, I can beat those around that level easily now. :))

It may be fine for you, but that will evolve as you play more… if you play more. What I propose does not change the function for low level players at all, so you will lose nothing. From the companies perspective I cannot see how encouraging people to spend mass amounts of resources that would otherwise go unused (at a discounted pay out rate, no less!) would be bad for business. Indeed, if people spend themselves out on maps in bulk, they’ll certainly be more likely to buy them. As it sits, zero people above a that certain level threshold will ever spend any money on maps… why would they when they have thousands? But if people can get a faster reward by spending them in bulk they will at the very least not be discouraged from buying them as they are now by the huge backlog of maps they posses. So, the idea benefits everyone involved in the long run and would require very little work to make a reality.

Just trying to help. :wink:

You’d have a point if I were talking JUST about the level I am NOW (lvl 483, not even halfway to the cap) but I’m not, I’m talking about my experience with this game from the very beginning.

I spent my first 500 gems on Celestial armor and did all of the challenges for all kingdoms on Warlord 4. I’m not sure at what level I got the necro trait on Valk but I can assure you that I’ve been getting 80-90 (or more) souls per match for at least 250 levels now.

Sure, maps were very useful very early on. After about level 100-150, they start to lose value VERY quickly because there’s better, less time consuming ways to accumulate resources. I’m not talking about the best of the best, I’m talking about like 80% of the total player base. In terms of time spent playing, maps were really useful for about 20% of the total time I’ve spent playing.

As for the AI, I’ve had a 95-96% win rate on invades since level 1. I almost always play the hardest PvP match I can get. I’m not an elite player in any way, shape or form. The AI on this game is just THAT easy. I’ve beaten many level 1000 players in the previous few weeks and I’m not even to 500 yet.

Furthermore, by lowering your XP gain and gaining levels more slowly, you’re not increasing your mana masteries. The difference between a match 3 and a mana surge is often the difference between winning and losing, period. You’re not giving yourself more of a chance against high level players because winning is all about how fast you can fill your troops and fire them off compared to the AI. Higher masteries = faster filling, plain and simple.

spending maps in bulks doesnt harm low level gaming at all, it positively enhances the gaming afterwards, you will eventually get there (if u dont quit beforehand). do not forget Slayah, that this game seem to like long term customers not only the ones that come and quickly go.

edit: and yeah i got sick of maps at around lv100-150, that is pretty soon considering max lv for account is 1000

Somehow that seems normal. We have had two tweaks to treasure hunt to my knowledge. One that boosted rewards but decreased turns. Two the removal of gold and souls from red chests and vaults.