Possible Treasure Hunt Tweak?

Honestly I think they should just drop maps as a currency and make the treasure hunt free to get into. Then we don’t have players hoarding a useless resource to them, and the rewards can stay the same but it would be better For those that like treasure hunting because they don’t have to worry about maps

This would require a reworking of Tyri though.

Personally I think that would be ideal. The rewards treasure hunt give would be good if it wasn’t tied to a resource. Then it’s like… Hey this mini game doesn’t cost me anything so I shouldn’t expect anything great out of it.

Maybe they’d need to balance the rewards if necessary

Just food for thought :slight_smile:

2 Likes

if the minigame rewards gems or in general resources of this amounts it must cost something to enter in exchange to balance the economy

but i have an idea for another feature: there could be possibility to simply exchange minigame “tokens” at for example rate 3:1 into different minigame tokens, but that requires providing more minigames with a different tokens then the maps… so not yet :wink:

but thats a subject for another topic :stuck_out_tongue:

People would exploit the crap out of that much like all you high levels want to exploit the usages of maps at your level which “I” do not think was intended by the devs anyways.

For higher levels it’s a plus gain of all those resources. For lower levels it’s a balancing feature to allow low levels to compete with higher levels. Certainly not the highest but pretty high compared to their level if they do use Tyri and extra glory for maps.

I certainly can see why you want it but I don’t see them giving it to you as it would imbalance the game. You’d get stronger faster and leave the poor low levels in the dirt. :slight_smile: Thus, why I think they are pretty much useless to you because you don’t want to put the time in to get the stuff the maps give one at a time like it is now. :)) That’s the penalty you pay and it’s a good one. :))

As for my masteries at level 39 they are all nearly 25% (I joined another guild Anna) :slight_smile: and thas pretty good at my level and the matches I have. As I said I haven’t lost a single match on offense invading. So, imho I’m doing pretty damn well playing the game as I see it. :)) (Tell em Anna) lol

Also, a lot less players are challenging me now on defense due to the high nature of my cards at that level. Most of the losses now are to those 3x higher or more.

I don’t doubt that never did but, you certainly DID NOT in the early game. But, now that you are there you want something different for YOUR benefit and “fark” the newbie which you were at one time also.

Nope they should leave it like it is and you either play the maps one at a time like the rest of us or you just don’t play them at all. Simple as that. :()

Now, here’s an idea I would accept. Every time a higher level pays out 10 maps for 1 chance and the game sends me a free map. I’ll gladly accept those terms. :))

I like the idea proposed here.

I also think that the extra turns lost in a cascade should be applied to getting trait stones. I don’t recall anyone mentioning that idea. If you have 2 extra 5-gem matches beyond the first one in a cascade it’s basically lost (other than the higher value gems, but 1 of the next higher gem isn’t worth more than 3 of what made it let alone 5). Why not apply those 2 turns toward a trait stone? It’s better than what we have now.

1 Like

You keep talking about stuff that gives me the impression of " oh woes me I’m so low level please give me stuff to compensate" but then you repeatedly have said that you purposely stint your growth by not gaining XP, which I guarantee is not the devs intentions…

Stop saying stuff like “oh you high levels”
You could be a high level if you didn’t purposely leave battles so you don’t get experience. You have done that yourself. And on top of that I’m only level 400ish. Not even halfway to max level so I don’t consider myself a high level.

I have started from nothing only mere months ago (4 now) and I vividly remember my beginning stages. Treasure maps were good until around level 100 when I got in a good guild. There are 1000 levels. It doesn’t make sense to have a feature that is only good for a fraction of the game. You easily blow through levels in the beginning especially if you do not purposely cripple yourself.

It is not our faults that you have decided to stay at a low level longer than expected. If you were to progress at the normal speed and join a guild that gives decent resources you would be in the reality of what most players experience.

2 Likes

Nothing like getting a lecture from someone that has no idea what they’re talking about…

That wouldn’t discourage many people from doing it. They’d just complain about it. Players will do whatever’s most efficient, and it’s the developer’s responsibility to ensure that what’s efficient is also fun.

The soul cap per battle is 40. The only way to get higher than that is with multipliers, such as armor, difficulty, and VIP bonuses. Valkyrie, mythic, at max level, traited, with all magic kingdoms at 5 stars, generates 21 souls per cast. Two casts, and you’re capped out. At level 1 with none of that, she would take a maximum of 20 casts to cap out. It doesn’t take much for farming with Valkyrie to surpass Treasure Hunt in terms of souls/time.

3 Likes

Just make tyri’s removal and map percentage scale off of magic. Boom legendary tyri has a 20 % map farming chance or more. Then when she gains magic it makes her exponentially better vs slightly better.

Sorry still don’t agree with you because YOU just want what YOU want. Clearly said it in your post. I play the way I do BECAUSE of YOU not because I want to. :))

Hope they never give you the maps to use as is doesn’t look like it was intended to be for anyone after a certain level. The way I see it WORKING AS DESIGNED/ :slight_smile: and I like it that way. :))

Also, for the love of god I am not talking about VAL maxed out. I am talking about VAL in the beginning of the game. Why can’t you comprehend that. Everyone isn’t level 1000 GDmit. :slight_smile: I don’t give a GD what she does for you I’m talking about what she does for every NEWBIE in the game.

Talk about simple minded people geesus one track minds on what things do for you now.
Make a new account play a new character you’ll see what I’m talking about. She doesn’t get that in the beginning and it’s a very long time before she gets it at all.

Once again there yah go with Valk with all these traits and another card maxed out as well. You don’t start with that chit IGMO. It’s not like you even get her in a day. I didn’t get her for a week. So she did NOTHING for me in the way of souls. When I did get her I partnered her up with the zombie for double necromancy points and that took some time to get all those stones to do. You act like it’s instant. You’re both wrong and very IGMO about it. Stuff don’t happen in a day or a week. She just like all the rest takes time to get to those high numbers of souls. Btw I’m getting 70 souls a battle with her now on NORMAL difficulty. ;)) But, it took finally getting some better armor before that happened. :))

You said earlier in the discussion that you were level THIRTY NINE. You do realize that you’ve traversed less than ONE PERCENT of the total game at this point and you’re getting 70 souls per battle on Normal, right?

Thanks for proving everyone’s point.

4 Likes

I need more maps from tyri!

that is a horrible idea, would render tyri most useless at earliest game when its most needed… i will stand for that the treasure hunt should support new players most. disagree about making treasure hunt useless for late game (as slayah claims it is being intended to be useless late game)

I am a player who’s level is in the triple digits and who has close to 500 treasure maps taking up space and I approve this message.

1 Like

I’m using my maps the RIGHT way though I’m not asking for something to make my life EASIER getting and using maps like you all are. THANKS for PROVING MY POINT! :))

Hurray for KEEPING maps the way they are devs. You’re doing a good job in all the newbies eyes. Keep it that way. Higher levels are hard enough to beat without giving them MORE resources at their whim as they want.

Besides if you play in a GOOD guild like I am you’re guild leader would have told his recruits NOT to put gold into maps and souls. Sooooo if you have a lot of maps then it’s your leader and guilds own fault not the games. :))

I really like the treasure hunt game, and I think it has a great payout.

People say that treasure maps are “worse” than just playing PvP. But that’s an oversimplification. They are worse in some ways, and better in others.

Maps take me 12-15 minutes to play through. I can play about 4-5 PvP matches in that same time. My rewards are as follows:

5 PvP matches : ~9,000 gold, ~320 souls, ~1 treasure map, ~3 gold keys, ~ 35 glory, 5 traitstones.
1 Treasure map : ~3,000 gold, ~100 souls, ~5 gems, ~60 glory, ~8 glory keys, ~0.5 gem keys, ~8 traitstones.

I have had all kingdoms at level 10 for months now - gold isn’t a huge concern for me. Souls are always in short supply, so I run PvP teams with Valk to get those high soul rewards. But Treasure maps give me significantly better rewards in terms of glory & traitstones.

2 Likes

If you could target specific traitstones, you might have a point. As it stands, maps are completely random.

Maps can get you a bit of everything but they aren’t the BEST way to get anything. Like Slayah, I used every map for the first 100-150 levels. I did this on console and AGAIN on PC/Mobile, so it’s not like I lack experience.

Once you get to a certain point, the returns on maps just aren’t worth the time spent and that’s the #1 problem. 12-15 minutes per mini-game is just too much. Explore and PvP are just that much more lucrative in that amount of time.

You can’t target specific traitstones in PvP either, which was your primary point of comparison.

Maps are more efficient at getting traitstones than PvP is.

2 Likes

Im one of the biggest opposers to doing maps. I just do not enjoy doing them and have hundreds laying around.

But based on the above stats I would be willing to try them, just for the glory gains, once I have every kingdom to level 10. Is it necessary to go that far with each map (12+ mins) or will quicker matches provide glory at a rate proportional to time?